Greatest Fighting Series

The greatest fighting series of all....?

• Street Fighter

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Mortal Kombat

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Virtua Fighter

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • King Of Fighters

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Tekken

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Soul Blade / Soul Calibur

Votes: 13 30.2%
  • Other ( Specify! )

Votes: 6 14.0%

• Total voters
I would say Soul Calibur, Street Fighter, Guilty gear and Dead or Alive. Soul Calibur was my first fighting game. I'm attached to the game. :( As for Street fighter...HADOUKEN!

I am a street fighter person. I absolutley love Street Fighter. It has been around since I've been smaller. It's just an awesome 2d classic fighting game.

Naturally, there's those simple things such as Street Fighter to start out on, but I'd never regard it as the best series. Tekken was a big step for beat 'em ups, but not entirely challenging except for the sense some of the earlier installments didn't exactly provide character versatility.

Personal favourite... Bloody Roar. I was contemplating Super Smash Bros, but I never played that for long. Bloody Roar is just... a more impressive version of Tekken (personal opinion, of course).

<3 Bloody Roar 3.

As for 3-d fighting games Tekken it is all the way for me. Virtual fighter comes in second and then DOA just for the hot chicks. Actually no, lemme change that, Virutal Fighter, Bloody Roar THEN DOA.

For 2-d fighters I became really interested in the Guilty Gear series. My second favorite in Big Bang Beat (as stupid as the sounds) Its a pretty kick ass 2-d fighter. I only really liked Street Fighter when capcom did Marvel v.s. Capcom crossovers. I barely had ANY interest on Street fighter.

For free movement/party fighters, Super Smash Bros. series is on my top, then second goes to Power Stone. Ergheiz was a pretty underrated free movement/party fighter it wasnt that great but i dont know any more party fighters so it goes #3 for me.

Has Big Bang Beat been givena release or anything yet? It was just a doujin last time I checked, but that was quite a while a go.

Oh no no no sorry sorry i meant Melty Blood. i dont know how i even mistook it. I was watching Big Bang Beat videos when i posted this. disregard >.<

Street Fighter all the way Third Strike is the very pinnacle of 2D fighters despite the slight unbalance with the top teir characters. I despise 3D fighters with the sole exception of Soul Calibur.

I'm going with Street Fighter, been playing it since SF1, it's a game that's really dear to me, plus I'm not a big fan of 3d fighters, been playing Tekken only for the ending movies.

I really think that Guilty Gear should have been included here, though.

I've always found tekken to be quite horrible. MY personal favourite would be the guilty gear series, its unlike the rest of. Weapons plus personality= amazingness.

One thing that would have me rate Guilty Gear a little higher is if they weren't as lazy as to have had the same damn soundtrack in pretty much every game ( except Isuka, but that was horrible ). Sure, Keep Yourself Alive and Blue Water Blue Sky were good the first time you heard them, back in Guilty Gear, but we're onto Accent Core now and they're still the same themes for their respective characters.

One of the reasons I liked Street Fighter Alpha 3 so much at the time was because it finally gave new theme tunes to a lot of characters, it was just a bit freshening up for the series. I can't quite iterate just how much emphasis I put on a game's or series' soundtrack when I judge it, it's unusually high to say the least.

Although I started by playing Street Fighter, I enjoyed most of the other games listed (never played King of Fighters/Samurai Shodown). Although I would pick Tekken as I LOVED that game (especially when I'd play my best friend from school), when Soul Blade was released, it was something completely different with the se of weapons. Plus the fact I could play as a samurai and use his sword. :D Although I've not played Soul Caliber, I've owned/played Soul Blade and Soul Caliber 2 for xbox. Will probably buy SC4 and might buy 3 if it's cheap enough.

The reason Street Fighter lost it's appeal was the sheer number of "Street Fighter 2s"......talk about milking cows. Mortal Kombat was pretty cool too but when they introuduced babalities and friendships, I lost interest. Virtua Fighter I was never really interested in. Other games of note are Killer Instinct and Turtles for the SNES. Both were enjoyable.

Not a huge fighter fan but I have fond memorys of Tekken 2 and 3. I haven't played any others after Tag Tournament though, just haven't gotten around to it.

A no-brainer: Street Fighter series.

I appreciated how these games favour flexibility, so that all opponents have to be approached with a different strategy and not just the one or two. The levels of mastery you can attain throughout these games seems to have no end. Every character had the potential to become powerhouses if you train with them well enough.

Street Fighter is the ALL TIME classic. It was one of the first type of fighting games out there if I am not mistaken. Maybe Virtua Fighter was, not sure.

They are all good and all are so different from each other.

Mortal Kombat being the most controversial (sp?) due to the blood and violence.

They are all classics.

Hmm, I really enjoyed Street Fighter a lot. I used to play the one for Sega Genesis, so me voting for Street Fighter is due to nostalgic reasons as well.

Tekken, Virtua Fighter, Mortal Kombat and Blood Roar are also quite good. It's been awhile since I played a fighting game though. I'm tempted now...

I chose Virtua Fighter Not because it's good or something,nah..I used to play it when I was a kid and I stil play it till now.

Tekken, Virtua Fighter, Mortal Kombat and Blood Roar are also quite good. It's been awhile since I played a fighting game though. I'm tempted now...
Yes! You should play more of them! I find that I can play them for a short burst, unlike rpg's, but still end up getting sucked in for ages if I have the time. Soon their conquest will be complete....

I'm finding that I'm played Third Strike by myself for 3 hours at times since I've gotten my arcade joysticks. Needing to bring my skills back up to speed again and it's nice when pulling off juggles with Ryu and Yang successfully in proper play.

Got Capcom Vs SNK 2 again recently so will be putting in some time on that soon now.

Back