Heaviest band that you like

I really like Green Day :monster:

My ex is obsessed with them o_O

I think the next heaviest band I like after Pantera would be Rammstein, although I like Rammstein more than Pantera, I only put Pantera because I think they are the heaviest thing in my limited heavy collection......

Way to confuse myself much O______O

I think the next heaviest band I like after Pantera would be Rammstein, although I like Rammstein more than Pantera, I only put Pantera because I think they are the heaviest thing in my limited heavy collection......

Rammstein is godly, Till's voice is sexy as hell and they're heavy...but I wouldn't exactly place them in the same category with actual metal. Lotsa people call them industrial, but if you want to be technical, they're actually Neue Deutsche Härte. It's sort of a blend of electronica with metal, and they place alot of emphasis on deep vocals, but not necessarily growls (Eisbrecher is a good example).

I think Pantera sucks, all their songs sound the same to me.

I really like Green Day :monster:

My ex is obsessed with them o_O

I could string chords better than Green Day's "guitarist" ;P

He usually gets 3 in haha.

I never liked Rammstein. They're just not my cup of tea. The guys voice IS pretty cool though, i'll admit.

He usually gets 3 in haha.

That's why Green Day is pop rock :wacky: They're fairly untalented as far as musicians go, and lyrically they're not brilliant either. Now if you want something heavy with superior guitarists, then I suggest Opeth. This was one of the first songs of theirs I heard, it's called Bleak:

Word.

Opeth is actually not hardcore enough for me xD

Strikes me as surprising that they can get away with being so popular with virtually no talent..

You know they stole that line Boulevard of Broken Dreams from Deadsy ROFL

I hear they ripped stuff off of Oasis too. Who knows. Putting girls jeans on and wearing mascara = awesomeness. Transvestites ftw.

You win the prize.

and the guy befoe me got kinda confused, greenday stole boulevard of brockendreams from oasis, who are equally terrible

actually Deadsy has a song called Key to Gramercy park that uses that line. I don't listen to Oasis, so I don't know anything about them.

and the guy befoe me got kinda confused, greenday stole boulevard of brockendreams from oasis, who are equally terrible

actually Deadsy has a song called Key to Gramercy park that uses that line. I don't listen to Oasis, so I don't know anything about them.

So we've got a three-way going on of crappy bands ripping off crappier bands then? WHO WILL COME OUT ON TOP?! :gasp:

the heaviest bands I like are Disturbed, Enter Shikari, Drowning pool and Gallows.

Disturbed is awesome, plain and simple. Drowning Pool isn't that hard, really, and the only song of theirs I like is Bodies.

What would System of a Down be considered as, metal or something I guess? And I'm talking their early stuff that's actually heavy.

I wouldn't say that. I'd say it's more like talentless bands ripping off crappy bands. I didn't like Deadsy, but at least they tried something new.

SOAD is hardcore. Not extremely hardcore, but they are hardcore. They're old stuff anyways. They're new stuff is more mainstream I guess.

I dunno really, I don't like them either.

I would certainly count SOAD ^^

Disturbed, Cradle Of Filth (older stuff), Deftones (again older stuff), Slipknot (OLDER STUFF!!! Though Subliminal Verses was awesome), Rage Against the Machine. That's about as heavy as I get, and to be honest the never stuff just goes over my head, I like to be stuck in the past >_<

You win the prize.

You seriously think Oasis are terrible? One of the highest critically acclaimed bands in the last 10 years? Writers of Wonderwall? Wow.

Prolly Darkest Hour, Children Of Fall, Killswitch Engage, From Autumn To Ashes, As I lay Dying and some other bands...

Preview :D

^ Metalcore stuff. I enjoy it too. It's definitely more hardcore then most of the artists already mentioned.

except From Autumn to Ashes. They're emo. ewwwwww

I wouldn't say that. I'd say it's more like talentless bands ripping off crappy bands. I didn't like Deadsy, but at least they tried something new.

SOAD is hardcore. Not extremely hardcore, but they are hardcore. They're old stuff anyways. They're new stuff is more mainstream I guess.

I dunno really, I don't like them either.

Talentless bands ripping off crappy bands still isn't any better :wacky:

New SOAD is just...well, I don't mind it, but I think they were tripping out even more than they normally are when they write stuff. It's a bit moar lulz and a lot less hardcore and yelling about the Armenian genocide.

I would certainly count SOAD ^^

Disturbed, Cradle Of Filth (older stuff), Deftones (again older stuff), Slipknot (OLDER STUFF!!! Though Subliminal Verses was awesome), Rage Against the Machine. That's about as heavy as I get, and to be honest the never stuff just goes over my head, I like to be stuck in the past >_<

CoF I can't bloody stand. I like the actual music, but Dani Filth's voice grates on my nerves worse than nails on a chalkboard (which, coincidentally, has never bothered me). But I like Children of Bodom alot, they're sort of in the same genre as CoF and Dimmu. Can't believe I forgot to mention them in my previous posts.

You seriously think Oasis are terrible? One of the highest critically acclaimed bands in the last 10 years? Writers of Wonderwall? Wow.

Being critically acclaimed means nothing. Final Fantasy XII got incredible reviews and it was still a piece of halfassed crap in many people's opinion.

In the end it comes down to individual taste. Some people don't like Brit pop. Some people don't like the generic 60's rock sound. And after looking up a couple videos on Youtube to know what I'm talking about, I can safely say I hate the guy's voice and singing style.

as blood runs black

yea they are really hard to understand for most people. but thats the heaviest band that i listen to right now

except From Autumn to Ashes. They're emo. ewwwwww
So >_>... there's EMO and EMO, I don't wanna get into it again, I think there was a topic about this already...

This sounds pretty hard to me..

And this is just an awesome song, it's one of my favorites...

It was a good song... and then he started singing >_> hates those kind of vocals, also these "Medieval" types of bands kind of piss me off... bleh ...

Actually Oasis are fucking awesome. Morning Glory is sex.

They invented Brit pop.
You're right VR, but whoever said they were shit, is obviously wrong as they arent' shit

Back