Heaviest band that you like

Heaviest band? Tough question. I like a lot of strange, non-conventional music so there is a lot of extreme stuff that I happen to like.

The heaviest band I know is Sunn 0))), the make drone music with a lot of feedback and play at very loud volume. I only like the album they've made with Boris however, and that's not as heavy as the stuff they do on their own.

Other heavy music in my records collection is:
- Insect Warfare, very fast metal (grindcore) with those growling vocals you can't understand.
- Ahab, very slow doom metal, really heavy bass sound, I wonder how that feels in a live show...
- Aphex Twin/Venetian Snares, both electronic artists which have made songs with so much scratching (or however ya callit) that it is just loud and obnoxious (but in the end, still good).

OMG BRING ME THE HORIZON! THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA! MAXIMUM THE HORMONE! SLIPKNOT! Its all metal but i luv it!

[Mod Edit: Can you please elaborate on why you like them. Thanks.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Equilibrium. They're a band that I can only describe as epic/viking/black/power/speed/metal. They're a really great band, and the first time I heard their epic music, I got all of their albums.

I love those guys.

Cradle of Filth is good, but they're kind of overrated. Slipknot got kind of old to me, but I'll go and listen to them every now and then. Korn is great, and I listen to them often, System of a Down is pretty damned good, and I hope they get back together soon.

Lightning Bolt.

not heavy in the METAL RRRARRRRRR sense. In the "Oh god my ear drums are being perferated" sense.

Two members, 1 drummer who's mental, and 1 guitarist who plays a bass guitar strung with a cello string and it sounds like he's playing 3 normal guitars and 1 bass.

I recommend you listen to it.

Wonderful Rainbow is a good album.

But I imagine most people are busy gleeing over Hannah Montana, if you feel like some noiserock then go listen.

Probably something like Boris or Electric Wizard. Electric Wizard probably takes the title of "Heaviest Band I've Ever Heard", not just the heaviest thing I listen to. The drum sound on Dopethrone still blows my mind, and when the guitar comes in on "Vinum Sabbathi"...man.

Back