Heaviest band that you like

lol, that's called Eurodeath dude. Ever hear of In Flames? Metalcore would be nothing without bands like In Flames laying the foundation.

I actually find his dirty vocals far more bareable then a lot of American Metal bands.

In Flames ftw.

Last edited:
I dont care what it's called, I don't like it :P :P

Yep In Flames aren't that bad, there are a few songs I like, though they become a bit monotonous for me at times... Had this Double DVD of theirs, they played some good shows..

sounds pretty emo to me.

Lovely, you've forced me to defend From Autumn to Ashes. I think you're mistaking a metal core-ish sound for emo.

Emo = My Chemical Romance, Panic at the Disco, Death Cab for Cutie, and other things of that nature.

You're right VR, but whoever said they were shit, is obviously wrong as they arent' shit

Which is why I don't call them shit, because it's obviously not a fact, just an opinion. I think the guy's voice sounds kinda shit, but the music is alright, it just kinda bores me.

lol, that's called Eurodeath dude. Ever hear of In Flames? Metalcore would be nothing without bands like In Flames laying the foundation.

Then damn In Flames. I seriously hate the metalcore genre, especially poster bands for it like Atreyu and As I Lay Dying. To me, it's all psuedo-screaming with no actual talent for it, and the music I find to be largely generic and talentless as well. For a time I actually listened to the stuff too...Atreyu, As I Lay Dying, In Flames, Trivium...ugh, I even used to listen to Avenged Sevenfold. Thank god I grew out of that.

And for the hell of it, have some Rentrer en Soi. I'm not sure what exactly they'd be classified as (aside from J-rock, obviously). They have harder songs than this, I just happen to like this one alot. I'm sure you'll still call them emo, frosty :wacky:

And Death Cab for Cutie aren't emo; they're punk

....what?

1208444263654af3.gif

Kids today have NO fucking concept of what punk rock is. First they call Good Charlotte punk, then Green Day, and now you're telling me Death Cab is considered punk? The Sex Pistols are punk:

The Ramones are punk:

Pennywise are punk:

Death Cab is emo-sounding INDIE rock. I can understand being confused about the tons of subgenres within metal...but confusing Death Cab for Cutie for punk is just inexcusable.

That song wasn't bad VR, maybe I'll check out an album or two of theirs.

As for FATA being EMO or not, and whats eurometal, I decided some time ago that I wouldnt bother anymore with genres and stuff and just listening to one type of music. I listen to what I like, I got everything in my PC from Tsunami Bomb to AFI to J-Rock and anime soundtraks to Madball and Biohazard.

But, DCFC are NOT punk :D

Last edited:
replying to like 2 pages at once, yeah im the one who said oasis are terrible, they are, the only reason that they're popular is because football obsessed guys think they're cool for some reason,

the punk think, in my opinion there hasn't been any 'real' punk bands since the 70's, it was about rebellion more than the music, those that came after were just imitations (usually quite bad at it)

and the metalcore thing, i dont mind the genre, hell A7X is one of my favourite bands

and to finish it all off, liam gallagher is a dick

That song wasn't bad VR, maybe I'll check out an album or two of theirs.

You referring to the Rentrer en Soi vid I posted? You should dl some of their stuff. Batsu used to have an immense amount of J-rock, but then they decided to be asses and changed their policy and deleted all the fileshare links. Easiest thing to do now is just google for megauploads of specific albums. Rentrer en Soi and Bottom of Chaos are good ones to check out.

As for FATA being EMO or not, and whats eurometal, I decided some time ago that I wouldnt bother anymore with genres and stuff and just listening to one type of music. I listen to what I like, I got everything in my PC from Tsunami Bomb to AFI to J-Rock and anime soundtraks to Madball and Biohazard.

But, DCFC are NOT punk :D
I don't pay all that much attention to genres within rock, but lordy, when someone calls an indie band punk I have to correct them. And I don't even LIKE punk. Well I take that back, I like AFI's old stuff, and I like Son of Sam...not sure if they're actually punk, but they're close-ish.

and to finish it all off, liam gallagher is a dick

He punched a photographer one time, did he not? :neomon:

The hardest genre I listen to is Symphonic Metal. (And for the love of god, I may like Nightwish, but I wouldn't call them metal. Anette-wish is more like Symphonic Popera anyway)

Epica and After Forever stand out for me. I'm getting more into screamy/grunty vocals, and these bands have got me into them. Well, the newest albums have anyway. The older stuff isn't as hard in my opinion. They're not as hard as any other bands here, but still ... :P

And for the record, I think Oasis are overrated, or at least "YOOOOU'RE MY WONDERWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALL" is. Monotone, anyone?

Whatever people think about Oasis, debating about them doesn't really belong in a 'heavy music' thread - they're not heavy at all!

hmm, i'm not the type of "metalhead" that goes around choosing the heaviest of the heaviest just for the heck of being heavy

but i do have my share of powerful metal bands i really like

Lunatica, Nightwish and Bullet For My Valentine are probably my favorites and they're really as hard as i go..

there are still genres such as death, doom metal of death/doom but that's not my style

i prefer Hardcore Punk(metalcore subgenre) and Power Metal, as the vocalists are understandable and usually have rather clean vocals(in Hardcore Punk you have a lot of screams, which i prefer over death grunts anytime of the day, i guess that's because of my Nu Metal and Hard Rock/Punk history)

otherwise Gothic Metal is also, alright, only the songs with clean vocals and majority of a female singer and male back-up(50/50 parts aren't really my thing)

Nile or Behemoth or Napalm Death... I like some Black Metal, Grind, Death Metal etc... Some of the stuff can be really good.

Whatever people think about Oasis, debating about them doesn't really belong in a 'heavy music' thread - they're not heavy at all!

I could have a collection full of Take That and Spice girls, therefore Oasis would be the heaviest thing in my collection :monster:

After Pantera & Rammstein the heaviest thing in my collection is probably er...... Linkin Park I guess o_O

I shall repoint out that I don't have muh that could count as heavy in my collection before I get bashed -__-

That depends on what you think "heavy" is. Oo

For me "heavy" bands are death and black metal bands.
Therefore. I think the heaviest band is Rotting Christ. But they're quite melodic. Also there is Borknagar, but they've got a few songs that rather sound nice than heavy.
Ah, got it! Hypocrisy in early years! That could fit. Although I must admit... I don't think any of the bands I like is really heavy. ^^"

I actually find his dirty vocals far more bareable then a lot of American Metal bands.

In Flames ftw.

its not called eurodeath its melodic death metal -_-

where it comes from should not define it

Back