How Much Useless Could Cait Sith Be?

reeve

The Sorrow
Gil
who in the world uses cait sith

we all know him, we all tend to forget about him, he's the walking stuffed animal thing cait sith! question is is he good for ANYTHING besides
being a big fluffy punching bag used to take the burn off the rest of the party? or an undiscoverd super character i want your opinon on this.

I certainly used him. He was one of my favourite characters in fact, and I don't understand why people don't like him. The only arguement you ever get against him is that one of the outcomes for Slots killed your entire party. Which is a shit excuse, because one of them kills all enemies. :monster:

Cait sith just wasnt intresting enough compared too other character like Barret or Vincent, who just seemed too have a bit more about them. Plus fighting as a giant teddy bear against Sephrioth kinda spoils the moment you know.

I used him, and he was easilly one of the best members of my party, especially considering he has an attack that can kill an enemy with one hit.

I just started a new game.
My Party is Cloud, Aeris and Cait Sith.
I'm Using people I never used before and we are the pure pwnage!

Cait Sith rocks, Hardcore.

If we think about it for a second though, generally speaking, any character once levelled up to 99 is game-breakingly powerful.

Cait Sith: I found him quite useful at times, I'm not sure if he has a higher Luck or Magic stat than most when you get him, but for whatever reason I always seem to have more success using Added Effect combinations with him.

Plus fighting as a giant teddy bear against Sephrioth kinda spoils the moment you know.
Today 11:08 PM
This, good sir, is exactly why you should use him! Intergalactic cosmo power halted by a demonic furbie piloted by a plushie cat, it's too awesome to resist.

I liked using Cait Sith, he has awesome defense so just put cover on him. And it's possible for him to take out Ruby Weapon in only one hit. ;)

Cait is one of my favorite characters in the game. I thought he was one of the most interesting. Shame he's so underrated.

well i didn't. but as you can see from this thread cait sith has many fans. next time i play through FFVII (if i EVER buy it again) i might give him a try.

It's amazing to me that so many members of the FFVII cult seem to over look the fact that Cait Sith, statistically speaking, is the third strongest character. In fact, if you really wanted to put someone on the sidelines, it would be Vincent. With his horrendous stats, uncontrollable limit breaks, and poor weapons...Vincent is the weakest character that you could put into your party (unless you count Aeris, which I don't). Other poor characters include Barret and Tifa, whose stats become substandard around level 35. Red XIII is the Final Fantasy token average guy who is neither bad or great. So that leaves Cloud, Cid, and Cait Sith as the ideal party...but why is that last character often excluded? "OMGZ! Vincent is so hotz and coolz! Vampirez rox!". Cait Sith might not be the stylish candidate for spot number three, and that's fine...that's probably not what the game designers wanted to project him as when they came up with his character. None-the-less, anyone who believes that Cait Sith is a statistically useless character is sadly mistaken.

i used him and leveled him up to lvl 99:blink: and wow hes powerfull as any of the party.
The reality of FFVII is that all the characters stats are so similar to each other that there's really no difference between any of them besides their limits breaks.

Up until the point where your characters get multiple hit limits that do well over the 9,999 limit, Caith Siths limit Level 1 Limit Break is in fact the strongest game, give or take the bit of luck involved in using it.

Of course, at the end of the day, Final Fantasy VII is such a ridiculously easy game that it really doesn't matter *who* you pick. People just don't like the look of Caith Sith, I guess.

Wow. I expected to find a thread full of people bad-mouthing the Cait Sith. Nevermind.

I always new he had potential to be awesome, but I didn't like him, so I held my self back by making a uber team of Cloud, Cid, and Vincent. Each of my characters had roles, however, with their materia and stats. Cloud was my heavy hitter, wielding Ultima magic with complete Enemy Skill Materia, and lots of stat-boosting materia for his Limits. Cid I focused as my healer and booster, and had tricky materia like Steal and Manipulate. Vincent, however, I gave my long-range materia, and made him my uber-summoner with reflect status on him sometimes. I got all of the summons and gave him the most powerful ones.

Who else did something like I did?

Vincent, however, I gave my long-range materia, and made him my uber-summoner with reflect status on him sometimes. I got all of the summons and gave him the most powerful ones.
...why would you give Vincent long-range materia?

He's already a long range attacker.

Same here, I always use each character in any of my RPGs in order to make it even and get the best of each character.

I didnt see Cait Sith as useless at al. So many people dislike him lol.

He had the best limit break in the game, which kills everything in one hit including Ruby Weapon.

I actually like Cait Sith, but I never used him. The only time I used him was when I wanted to try using his Game Over overdrive on Emerald Weapon lol.

I just started a new game.
My Party is Cloud, Aeris and Cait Sith.
I'm Using people I never used before and we are the pure pwnage!

Cait Sith rocks, Hardcore.
until sephiroth shanks aeris at the ancient city

Back