[Interest Check] Persona RP

i say no to guns. I rather we stay true to the game and use melee weapons only (bows too). Only person with gun was Aegis and thats cuz she was a robot.

Plus, sometimes, guns do less damage than melee weapon. Guns are only pierce damage, so we'd be boned if we theoretically met something resistant against pierce (or thick armour). Plus, ammunition is also an issue and i refuse to have energy guns.

I also wonder about the weapons--I mean, most of the series' characters are teenagers and kids, would they really have easy access to guns and ect? Unconventional or improvised weapons seem more plausible to me, but that's just me.

Well in Persona 3, the members of SEES have access to the Police Station for supplies. But if that doesn't work out, you can always have household items like baseball bats, pots and pans, kitchen knives, or other things lying around (think Earthbound). :P

Okay, I am very unfamiliar with the Persona series, so the last couple of pages have gone straight over my head. First of all, what exactly is a persona? From what I can gather you summon them and they fight for you in battle? Are they based on real people?

Okay, I am very unfamiliar with the Persona series, so the last couple of pages have gone straight over my head. First of all, what exactly is a persona? From what I can gather you summon them and they fight for you in battle? Are they based on real people?

Each person who has a persona can summon them by shooting themselves in the head with a gun called the Evoker (this is just Persona 3 that I'm aware of, haven't played the others). They don't necessarily fight for you, but you summon them each time you want to use one of their abilities such as physical attacks (which cost HP) or attack/support spells (which cost SP). Definitely check out some Youtube videos of P3 or P4 as they're really good games. Also might help you understand it better.

I'm still fuzzy on all the rest of it, though :P I know about the whole arcana thing, but it just confuses me a lot. Planning on buying Persona 4 at some point and I have SMT: Strange Journey on my DS flash card.

i say no to guns. I rather we stay true to the game and use melee weapons only (bows too). Only person with gun was Aegis and thats cuz she was a robot.

Plus, sometimes, guns do less damage than melee weapon. Guns are only pierce damage, so we'd be boned if we theoretically met something resistant against pierce (or thick armour). Plus, ammunition is also an issue and i refuse to have energy guns.

I kinda agree with this... Maybe there could be one adult char with a gun but if we all start carrying firearms, this'll turn into a clusterfuck.

Each person who has a persona can summon them by shooting themselves in the head with a gun called the Evoker (this is just Persona 3 that I'm aware of, haven't played the others). They don't necessarily fight for you, but you summon them each time you want to use one of their abilities such as physical attacks (which cost HP) or attack/support spells (which cost SP).

Frankly, I think we should do one little hand-wave and do away with the Evoker thing. It's honestly a far too creepy concept and to be honest it freaks me out a little. Perhaps using P4's simpler evocation (people simply shatter magical cards) will be better. Also, the 'sacrificing HP' thing might just end up confusing us and causing problems.

As an alternative, we could say that it's not so much physical injury as it is mental pain. Like our character starts feeling weaker and more distracted or something.

Planning on buying Persona 4 at some point...

Get it, it's a fantastic game. I'll even dare to say its better than 3.

Completely incidentally, anyone else caught wind of the Persona 4 animation that's coming up? I'm rather excited because it looks very good.

Last edited:

Completely incidentally, anyone else caught wind of the Persona 4 animation that's coming up? I'm rather excited because it looks very good.

BLASPHEMOUS! HOW DARE YOU XD!?

Iono why, but i liked 3 a lot. Like a whole lot for some unexplained reason. I also rather liked the evoker thing they did, as morbid as it was. Kinda suited and reflected the situation they were in, but thats just my opinion

As for the weapons yeah I kinda agree with they should be he household picked up kind. Because depending on the plot having a set supplier would make it real hard to work out, unless you want to do the whole weapon persona fusion thing.

Though then that brings back how would we work it out for multiple persona's since you needed to sacrifice a persona so to say to make the weapon. Can the person get it back or would it be lost to them forever.

As for having multiple persona's it sounds like a good idea just as long as they stick to the same arcana. Maybe to prevent the use of over powered ones in the beginning you can only use the weaker ones first. Like from the fool you would have the lowly slime then towards the end since I can't think of another high end one something along the lines of Messiah.

Frankly, I think we should do one little hand-wave and do away with the Evoker thing. It's honestly a far too creepy concept and to be honest it freaks me out a little. Perhaps using P4's simpler evocation (people simply shatter magical cards) will be better. Also, the 'sacrificing HP' thing might just end up confusing us and causing problems.

Hah, I love the Evokers :lew: It's pretty cool and really not all that creepy if you understand it :P

I've read into it a bit and I like the concept of it and I really like Persona 3 so far. But of course, I want to wait until I finish Persona 3, and I don't have the money for it :P

Sorry Tipsy, that's just what I think. I still thought 3 was an awesome game and I regret being unable to finish it or even get halfway through. I've forgotten most of it, too. :(

NRGH! WAAAAT?! YOU DIDNT FINISH!?

Nah, im jking. Its all good. We all like different things.

But man... i wish stevie was back earlier... a month is a damn long time

I wanna get started as well but sadly still have over 2 weeks left :/ sorry for the waits guys if you wanna give me story ideas email them to me at yunamad[MENTION=8702]live[/MENTION].co.uk i can check emails on holidays it hard to check the forums on holiday :/ again sorry and see u soon :D

._. Well I didn't actually own the disk, that's why...

Anyway, hi Stevie!

As for ideas, I'm kinda on the fence here. We could mix up 3 and 4 in some ways to create a more unique plot, like the characters having to both work out a mystery and a bigger thing behind it. I dunno, just tossing ideas round.

Well since the chars in 3 and 4 meet, thus them being in the same world. Now I haven't beaten 4, but what if the fog somehow spread over the world and this cause the resurfacing of Tarturus? That could be one of the key focal points behind the story maybe?

If I could remember more details about P3's plot, I could give us more ideas and such, but I don't. I can't remember what the heck Tartarus was all about >_< However, the idea that the fog spread again and more massively is pretty good.

Actually, it could even let us get away with having some characters summon Personae a la 3 and some a la 4. Or even explain why characters can summon more than one Persona, IF we go down that road after all.

Last edited:
3's main plot was about shadow experimentation in a sort. They were gathering them and the result was an explosion and those twelve big shadows also being released. With them released somehow Tarturus and the midnight hour came to exist, and the towers whole purpose was to receive Nyx at the top. Trying no to ruin some key elements to the plot here so please excuse me if some parts sound spotty.

That's pretty much it. That and the members of SEES are trying to get rid of it (in a nutshell), because it's causing members of the community to basically turn all zombified. I'm still on the 5th full moon as it is so I don't want anything ruined :P

Hmmm then it ties rather well with the idea of fog spreading again, as we could say the darkness acted as a trigger. And so the problem is now two different fronts, the darkness and shadows, and the fog and its shadows. Big mess to clean up.

That's how most good stories start XD

or we could have a fusion of both XD, wioth bits and pieces stolen from both ideas.

That works too. I keep thinking that I'll never be able to decide which persona will be my main and having to sit down and draw one up... :( More work for my poor, poor wrist.

Back