Is Kimahri really needed?

well Kihmarhi does seem wrothless except he can use enemies moves. And you can customize him however you want. If you think that's worthless I wouldn't suggest playing FFXII

i think he can be good if you use him in a main party, he's strong enough to be good, and i'v always had a weak spot for lancers:P .

Also, there seems to be a a pattern of blue mages being the worst characters overall

and i don't know if you'd call this a blue mage or not,but the VII e-skill materia was one of my most valueable, and favorite materias, it was like a min game in itself.

I was most dissapointed with Kimarhi's overdrives, sure some of them were cool, but his supposibly best one was not very good at all

Yeah, some of his Overdrives are usefull but there could have been better Blue Magics for him to use like...I dunno any suggestions? LOL

Hehe, Personally, Khimari was my 3rd best char in the game. I spent at least 3 hours leveling him up maddly. Heck, By the time I faught Seymour flux, Him, Tidus, and Lulu were done 3 Sphere grids... And He was a major in my main party, never one without him.

Though most Blue Mages wern't all taht good, IE, Quincy, but Quitis was a preatty cool char for me, and I always enjoyed using them... minus Fork o' Doom...

To those of you who hate Khimari, have him go through Tidus's Grid, Then Yuna's. See how you like him when he can do 5000 damage and still heal for around 3000...

Of course Kimahri is needed. He's the spare warrior you could use whenever the chips are down. I liked Kimahri and he used to crack me up with some of the stuff he said in the game.

Kimahri is a blue mage and the hybrid of the group... hybrids are needed in "oh shit" moments

i made Yuna my hybrid simply cause she rocks, but still Kimahri is needed for the story

Yeah, he's good as a spare warrior but he still would have been used alot more on my files if he had a unique style instead of being a "Hybrid"

Yeah, he's good as a spare warrior but he still would have been used alot more on my files if he had a unique style instead of being a "Hybrid"
There was no apparent class for him, anyway. He had to be a hybrid because there was probably no other choice. All the other classes were probably taken up, but I would class Kimahri as a warrior to be honest.

Lol Kimahri is useless plx. I could use someone else ...his skills just aren't that great and he is the weakest link on my game o_o. I guess I just use him for an extra life if everyone else dies?

Actuallu, i sort of agree, i never used Kimahri, i actually saw him as kinda useless, and i first i thought it was jsut me, but now i found out quite a few people agree. Still, i just made him another black mage with Lulu, found him more useful that way.

I just made use of his offensive and support capabilities. He had both high magic and strength values, so naturally I found him quite useful. His speed was somewhat off, so I made full use of Tidus' grid to make Kimahri worthwhile. There's really nothing wrong with Kimahri at all... most of the angst here seems to be derived from the fact that he doesn't have his own sphere grid path... which personally, I find to be quite sad that most think of it that way.

I've never really used Kimahri much either, but his 'Lancet' ability is about the only most USEFUL attribute about him.

I didn't find Kimahri very useful, i usually let him out in most of my battles except the Ronso Brothers, since he is required there, and the brothers stats are always 25% better of Kimahri's

i never used him, mainly cause i forget to get his best limit out of omega weapon and can't be bothered to hase butterflies, so he'll always be useless to me.

most of the angst here seems to be derived from the fact that he doesn't have his own sphere grid path... which personally, I find to be quite sad

And in what way did I come across as being angry toward Kimahri? I've simply stated he would have been used alot more if he had his own unique fighting style...that makes me sad? I think not, try reading what I've Posted before calling me sad please.

Last edited:
Back