Is this the last Final Fantasy?

I don't think this will be the last.

But I do think that Square will take a break from producing new FF games, and instead focus on a long series of remakes, to make more money on the games that DID produce a lot of money, and only milk the cash cow further.

They will most likly finish up making sequels for all the other 2D FF Games and then i think they might keep on going. Or at least thats what i hope they do. The more games the better for us, and them.

well to say that this might be the last. i doubt it. as long as newer consoles are coming out. i feel that final fantasy is a staple ingaming. without final fantasy, the gaming world just wouldn't be the same. given teh way final fantasy is written, i doubt heavily that it will be oevr with anytime soon.

I think its annoying how one of the XIII's are on mobile...

I think they might hit 15 and go "Ah well, we had a good run"
but then again Final Fantasy is one of the biggest game franchises ever...

I think it will be tha last single player one for a while. I've heard rumors that final fantasy XIV will be another MMO. Different from XI, i don't know if thats the truth though. In order to do that they would have to stop makeing the FFXI expansions. If they do make a new MMO then it should take place in Ivalice.

Id rather they finished at XIII on a (somewhat) high than carry on making new FF's as they seem to be going downhill & getting carried away with sequels. But alas, Im guessing they will just carry on until they run the whole franchise into the ground

I seriously doubt that XIII will be the last. However, It will most likely be a very long time before we see a FFXIV, we already no that the Fabula Nova Crystallis will span over a few years and it is unclear whether or not SE will be releasing any new 'numbered' FF's during that time.

Luckily however we will have numerous titles under the Fabula Nova Crystallis collection to keep us busy while we wait!

In a way I kind of hope that this will be the last Final Fantasy. The people who were instrumental to the creation and success of this great series have left Square Enix. The same people whom to many, including myself, were synonymous to the franchise. Besides 13 installments and a variety of spin-offs is not a bad run for a franchise, far from. I don't for a second believe that they will stop making games under the FF franchise. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if we see even more spin-offs and remakes in the future.

If this game isn't any better than FFXII or FFX-2, i hope they take a much needed break, both seemed very recycled and unoriginal, refilling their creative source should do them good.

Didn't they announce a couple of years ago that they'd planned on doing at least upto 15 or something?

I think it was when they were saying about re-releasing the original six on the ps1 and stuff...

Meh, maybe I was fed false information.

I doubt its the last, unless it bombs.

Doubt it. It just introduced a whole new way to play, and if the game itself goes well, people will be dying for more. Plus, its the only one for the PS3.

Back