Kei's Photoshop Works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice use of colour in the Balthier one. I like the text placement also.

Nice work, Dark Cloud.

sotw1pn8.jpg

Wow. This tag is awesome. Seriously. *_*
I love the effects in the background, the colors, and the blending. You're getting better at text placement.

Thanks for the comments.
I will probably do the same I think:
A request
majinvegetalo1.jpg

Riku - KHII
rikuxg6.jpg

If you noticed they are kinda alike v

Last edited:
I'll tell you what Mitsuki told me: Double-click on the text layer to bring up a box of options, you can use it to make your text blend in with your tag more.

Other than that it all looks good. :monster:

I know that but the text then will be too fancy and I don't want that. D:

I'm just trying to help. I think if you try it out you'll like it, even if you use a really subtle effect.

It's up to you at the end of the day, if that's the way you like it then far be it from me to tell you otherwise. :wacky:

I'm just trying to help. I think if you try it out you'll like it, even if you use a really subtle effect.

It's up to you at the end of the day, if that's the way you like it then far be it from me to tell you otherwise. :wacky:

He always used to use text effects. I once said that I didn't like them because it looks gaudy and often takes attention away from the stock. He took my advice, and I guess he's been liking the outcomes better. Personally, I only find it useful to use a subtle "outer glow" effect when the text is hard to see (like brown text on a black area).

Also, I see that you've been using the Orator font in your recent signatures. I like that font. Some other good fonts are Adobe Caslon Pro, Arial, Courier New, Myriad Pro, and Birch Std. But all of those fonts only really look good (strictly my opinion only), when all of the letters are either upper case or lower case.

Last edited:
^ she's right :monster: I thought it was a little fancy, so I tried lowering the opacity when I write a text and I liked it better, btw I like the font I'm using it's great =D.
Now I just need to train on Smudging I suck at that.

I guess it depends on the sigs and your unique creativity with text. xD Sometimes a sig just calls for a very fancy text but you have to do it right. (Nothing that would look like you overdid it, which I admit I've done a few times on my sigs). Most times you can settle for something not-so-fancy and still make it look great. ;)

But yeah, I like the Vegeta sig the best. A little too bright, but it does bring about the wrath of Vegeta by the use of one solid warm color and a few different shades.

Aye Aye Mitsuki I know thanks anyway, and that Vegeta sig was requested like that it should have been a little darker. D:
and here's my SOTW entry:
ironman2yv2.jpg

:P

Whoa, by far the best sig you've done so far, methinks. It looks awesome! I'm sure you already know, but I really really love sigs that doesn't have too many colors in it. xD The render blends really well with the background. The only problem is the text placement. =/ I don't know, but for something as big like Iron Man, the text needs more of that "oompf" factor to show that hey, this is THE IRON MAN. To me the text now seems a little weak, if that makes sense. But overall, I love the sig!

You can stick with "Iron Man", no problem at all. It's just the text placement that needs a bit working on - perhaps place it somewhere near the render, but not too near. Just a good distance. And make it a little fancier. xD I know you don't really want your text too fancy and that's perfectly understandable. But just add a bit of glow, maybe?

Can't be done :gasp: , If I moved it a little the text won't appear D:

New ones using smudging (notice this is my first time using them and with stocks without C4Ds) >.>
2ly1rpx.jpg

33ufhfr.png

Edit: another one I seem to use text much often lately :/
mm4v2w.png

Last edited:
I believe you are Darkslayer from KHM >.> and thanks mate well anyway new one:
o94weg.png

It may not be good since I wast trying something new

Last edited:
I love the recent one with roxas on it.The only problem is that it's a bit monotone for me.I'd prefer more colors.

That's what I thought >.> but the bastard didn't want that.
Anyway here's something:
28rh3eb.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back