Moogle, Tonberry, Cactaur or Chocobo ?

I would have to say both Chocobos and Moogles as well, they make great mascots for the games!

Hayate said:
I really can't see no other thing that can be a mascot. x_x

I totally agree with that, Moogles and Chocobos are awesome.

I don't think Cloud is really a mascot, unless you dress him up as a Moogle or something. :P

I'd have to say Chocobo, they appear in every Final Fantasy, and everyone loves giant ridable chickens

id say cid highwind :) hes in most of the FF's lol i like to think of him as a mascot :) although hed be an odd looking mascot.... lol o well maybe an airship instead ... ya a airship... ;P

Um...no he isn't. Cid Highwind is a specific character from a specific game. The name "Cid" reoccurs throughout the series, but it's always a different character and that name won't be recognizable to anyone who doesn't play the series. And just how would an airship work as a mascot? There are different ones in each FF and some aren't even airships, just straight planes.

ROFLMAO. I dunno why but that struck me funny. I now see the peep-ness of my statement :monster: Tough call either way :wacky:

Chocobos =
peeps.jpg
now?

a better mascot for FFVIII are the GFs!!!!!

Um...we're talking about mascots for the entire series, not specific games. Pay attention to the title and where the topic is placed, plx.

wats a GF?

EDIT: Isnt it like a aeon? been awhile since i played ff8 lol

Yes, GF is a Guardian Force, a summon.

And as I stated before, this topic is about mascots for the entire series, not a single game. GFs are irrelevant, and before somebody goes suggesting "ZOMG SUMMONS CULD B MASCOTS!" no they could not.

1. Practically every RPG and MMORPG out there has summons.

2. None of the summons commonplace to the FF series (like Ifrit or Bahamut) are widely known enough to be mascots.

3. Summons mentioned like Odin, Shiva or Fenrir are only going to make people unfamiliar to FF think of their mythological counterparts, not FF.

I think one thing that really hinders moogles in becoming a mascot is that SE keeps changing their look, first they were fluffballs with smaller fluffballs on their heads, now they're like mice/rabbit things. Plus the moogles were mainly iconic in the oldschool FFs and IX, none of which are terribly popular with today's generation of gamers.

I agree, moogles would make a great mascot but the problem is Square Enix drastically changed their looks. Their looks continue to evolve one game after another.

Chocobos pretty much stay the same. A basic chocobo is feathery and yellow. (Just like peeps but instead of feathers it's sugar! :monster:)

I'd personally prefer Moogles to be the mascot :P

So do I. I think Moogles are cuter than Chocobos to be honest. I wasn't that fond of FFXII moogles though. The change was really unnecessary.

Funny thing is, this guy I work with has never played Final Fantasy but he knows what a Chocobo is and associates it with FF. So I guess Chocobos it is then. ^_^

I agree, moogles would make a great mascot but the problem is Square Enix drastically changed their looks. Their looks continue to evolve one game after another.

Chocobos pretty much stay the same. A basic chocobo is feathery and yellow. (Just like peeps but instead of feathers it's sugar! :monster:)

I agree. Plus, the fact that Chocobos get their own games doesn't hurt.

Chocobo's have been in almost everything final fantasy, I'd say them or the name Cid.

You can't really make a name a mascot though, there has to be some sort of corporeal attachment to it, and since there's a different Cid in every game that wouldn't work.

I still want the mascot to be moogles, but not those rabbit/mouse hybrids in XII, the oldschool ones like in VI and IX. Apparently SE thinks the cute oldschool moogles weren't good enough though and had to be done away with.

Sadly, I'm pretty sure the chocobo will remain the unofficial mascot since it seems to be the most widely recognized.

I for one am not a big fan of any moogle and wish FF would get rid all together.

Chocobo's over moogles. They're in every numbered game except for I. Moogles didn't come till later and they have appeared in other square games such as Secret of Mana.

The crystals could also possibly be a mascot but other video games have used crystals.

I'd go with Chocobos

It should be a naked snake, or snake seeing how snakes are always naked. I could be the mascot of the forum, oh wee, but no. That goes against my beliefs that mascots are animals. That would fit someone else in a better way than mine.

P.S. Seriously, I would say moogles. Though chocobos would be nice.

Chocobos. The greatest transport that exists.

They were like horses in the middle ages. A must.

I think that they should both be mascots. I mean I've seen a lot of pics with a moogle riding a chocobo and both I think are about equally popular

Back