• Imperial

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Orc

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never played the game OR I dislike it

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well it didn't this time. Trying to work my way up through the Thieves and Mages guilds at the moment. I think i'm about level 13 or somewhere around that area.

Well it didn't this time. Trying to work my way up through the Thieves and Mages guilds at the moment. I think i'm about level 13 or somewhere around that area.
I've done everything in vanilla Oblivion, I havent bothered with the downloads.

tes4:eek:blivion

hey who's played oblivion what did you think i thought it was pretty awsome although very easy if u slide the diffuculty down to easy i was a dark elf warrior tell me what classes you were and i've managed to complete every mission and want to get the expantion pack is it worth it

Oblivions a really good game, even though all i did was make a super stealthy thief and just robbed every house, picklocked every door i could find =D and then sold it to those thieve guild vendors.
I didnt get as far as the expansion but it looks worth it, if you like the game you should pick that up too. I however sold my 360 and all my games for credit and saving up for a ps3. I only cleared one oblivion gate and just found the 2nd in the middle of the forest.

The PC version you can mod and stuff but i dont think id find the time to play that while I have WoW.

Last edited:
There's already an existing thread for Oblivion.

Thread Merged

Amaaaazing game for sure. The game's massive to begin with, but with the many expansions, it's easy to spend several hours playing without even touching the main quest.

I <3 the Shivering Isles. Sheogorath rules.

oops soz didn't see it lol yh i did all the other quests before starting on the main quest line i found the quick travel useful in oblivion i did have morowind but i found it quite hard and i kept getting lost

my first character was a sneaky thief, but I found the thieves guild stuff gets pretty boring after a while. The assassin guys, however, are probably the funnest thing in the game.

I've completed all quests in Oblivion and Morrowind. (along with my own mods, and others. Altogether 100+ Mods) I prefer Morrowind to this game because of its dark atmospheric effect, more Lore induced, longer, harder, and more customizable once you download the Mods.
Personally, I think this game is too straightforward. It marks your quest location on the map, the quick travel option, and enemies level up with you. This allows you to enter high level dungeons near the start of the game; whereas in Morrowind, you embark on your quest with clues solely; far more realistic in my opinion. There's less items too, something I liked in Morrowind, in which only certain NPC's carried certain items. Daedric equipment was far more difficult to obtain...
Overall Morrowind was more realistic. :monster:

I prefare games that are easy so i can complete them i paid for them so i want to be able to see the whole story

I borrowed this from Aztec last year after he was done playing it, and it's not that bad of a game. It a way it's sorta slow and it takes me forever to get from place to place by walking, but the side-missions are pretty sweet and the story-line is actually really catchy. I never got too far into it since other games came out that caught my interest so I set Oblivion aside, but I'd definitely want to complete it someday.

I've beaten the game, it's definitely an excellent game, one of my favourites, my brother also likes it a lot, he's played it for well over 100 hours, which is a decent bit, for a Nintendo fan boy. :P

Yes, a Nintendo Fan Boy, and not afraid to admit it. XD

I enjoy video game franchises of others plenty too though, I like FF and MGS games, and yes, I have really enjoyed what I've played of Oblivion, which is quite a bit.

I'm level 40-something (can't remember, haven't played it in a while), and I've found well over 100 Nirnroot plants, so I have the Grand Elixir of Exploration available, it's very good, but I'm reluctant to use them, I don't really need any stat boosting potions to defeat enemies, a lot of my skills are at 100 (Master), so I manage to survive with just spells and strong sword swipes to fell the foes. :P

And yes, as you probably have guessed, I've also beaten the game, though I didn't follow the main quest much for a quite a while, because I was building my skills, stats, and level up.

I really enjoyed Oblivion, and it is one of my favorite RPG games.

Since I like to get as much as possible out of a game before I consider I have finished it, I did almost all the misc quests, and all the Guild quests, so I have done quite a bit, and I even became a full vamp just to make it more challenging xD

I always make my characters vampires. It's worth staying outta the sun to have those badass powers. 120 seconds of invisibility a day = awesomeness. Curing vampirism's a pain in the ass anyway. I never feel like bothering with it.

The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion

Yes the game is old now but come on it set a benchmark, I'm still playing it just for the fun :D. This is really the only game I have played (besides morrowind) that have made me feel that I'm apart of the game, normally your like yes lets do this and that, meanwhile seeing people have daily routines and many other things, it makes me feel i'm in the world, I'm just a guy living my life even if it is me saving the whole map from a guy :L. How many of you agree that this game was a very good game and deserves to be talked about and still played to this day!.

-Threads Merged-

I had to delete about 10 pages of spammy posts on the first page of the first original thread. >.>

But anyway, carry on.

Yes the game is old now but come on it set a benchmark, I'm still playing it just for the fun :D. This is really the only game I have played (besides morrowind) that have made me feel that I'm apart of the game, normally your like yes lets do this and that, meanwhile seeing people have daily routines and many other things, it makes me feel i'm in the world, I'm just a guy living my life even if it is me saving the whole map from a guy :L. How many of you agree that this game was a very good game and deserves to be talked about and still played to this day!.

Oooh, me! Over here! I do! I agree whole heartedly!

I still maintain that Oblivion makes pretty much any other RPG look like complete crap (there are a few exceptions, but not many). I've pissed away a few hundred hours of my life playing Oblivion, and haven't made any real progress within the game outside of gathering random items, performing a handful of side-quests and leveling up a bit.

Yet...I'm perfectly happy with that. Oblivion is one of the few games I'd never even briefly consider getting rid of. I always end up playing it again.

I was recently thinking about this game. Mainly because Fallout 3 is supposed to be Oblivion with guns. Hopefully that is true because Oblivion was great.

Unfortunately I never beat it though, cause I veered off once the plot started. I spent 200 hours leveling up my character to perfection. It got boring to me because I couldn't be killed, seen or anything. Unfortunately I really never saw more then the beginning plot lol.

That doesn't hinder the game and keep it from its greatness though. Mostly just my fault.

I know there hasn't been any posts here in a while, but it is still on the first page, and I thought it would be better to make this post here than make a new thread for it...

In the Shivering Isles expansion, where can you buy spells that fortify a certain skill (rather than the actual statistic that the skill governs)? I'd like to buy one like that, so I could create powerful spells to increase Atheletics, Acrobatics, and other useful skills, by 100 for some duration. :D

And one other thing, there is somewhere to make spells in somewhere in the Shivering Isles, isn't there? If so, I also would like to ask where that may be. :P

Back