• Imperial

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Orc

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never played the game OR I dislike it

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Haven't seen a thread for this game yet so I thought I'd make one. A friend has been tellin me about this game for sometime now and I haven't made up my mind if I want to buy it or not. Any info and playing experiences on it would be much appreciated(PS3 version)

I had a wild bug up my butt and I went back to playing it for the past few weeks. It is indeed a great game, but it does have its flaws. For one, I absolutely HATE the level scaling. At times it can turn what is a great game to a rather dull one.

Overall I would always recommend it though. Sadly, the worst system to play it on is the PS3. Unfortunately I am playing on the PS3 myself, but it hurts to think about all the extra stuff the PC and 360 have.

Easily one of my top 5 favorite games of all time. This game is absolutely fantastic. I love almost everything about it. I still play it. I've probably logged a total of 700+ hours in this game, which is by no means an exaggeration. I've had more than 5 characters and all of them have clocked in at about 120 hours of gameplay or more. I adore this game.

Yea. I love it. The only thing that pisses me off is that the oblivion gates get a bit tedious when i did the storyline missions. My favourite one is the last thief guild one.

I saw the game of the year edition for like 30 bucks and was thinkin well 30 bucks for a new game that is game of the year or 60 for one that has been out for less than a year lol so I think imma pick it up in the morning.

I quite like Oblivion. The freedom that you have to do anything you want is probably the best thing about it.
Though I think the story is a bit tedious, which can lead to boredom. Also the fact that civilians don't respawn is alittle annoying, well to me at least. That being said, the feedom to anything and the skill system make this a very good game imo.

Absolutely brilliant game, i only bought it a week ago, cost me 15 quid. The sidequests just seem to go on and on forever as does the main storyline. You can do anything in this game really from robbing houses to becoming a vampire. I completely recommend this game 100% because im playing it now and its fantastic.

So I just picked up Oblivion:GOTY edition and I'm lovin it. Lots of freedom I dunno where to start which is kinda nice. So race did everyone choose to start with and what class? I went Khajit and made my own custom class. I decided to start with the Dark Brotherhood quest mainly cause I sleep after killin a guard (so I could sell his armor) and got outta jail and got a visit from that guy.

Last edited:
My only problem with this game is the same one I have with Fallout 3: bugs and glitches. I hate riding along on Shadowmere and seeing a timber wolf stuck in a tree somewhere in the distance. It completely ruins the experience for me, moreso than the voice acting.

:( You should've looked around for a better deal. 30 seems like way to much, I got my goty shivering isle package for $5.

I like the dark brotherhood questline but I always find it best to be done last after you do the other three.

Khajiit's are by far my favorite race since I am always into quick characters. I just spent today being lazy and raising my money for no reason. Up to 7mil and I've already bought everything I need lol.

Gotta say I too thought it was a good game. I mean, I wouldn't go out and by it myself, but I gave it an attempt, tried it out, liked it, but went on with my other games I was playing and gave it back to Aztec.

I don't like the choppyness of the characters. The NPC's you talk to all move like freakin' robots.

Storyline seems good; side missions are great; not too fond of the people.

:( You should've looked around for a better deal. 30 seems like way to much, I got my goty shivering isle package for $5.

I like the dark brotherhood questline but I always find it best to be done last after you do the other three.

Khajiit's are by far my favorite race since I am always into quick characters. I just spent today being lazy and raising my money for no reason. Up to 7mil and I've already bought everything I need lol.
I got Oblivion, Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles all in one I didn't buy just an expansion for 30

I know that, which is what I was talking about. I got all that for $5. Within the last year I've never seen it cost over $10.

I just went with the imperial/human and im a warroir for my class. I need to find the cure for vampirism i got bit while i was sleeping. Bein a vamp sucks.

If you have a save recently you can cure yourself at an alter or dispel spell three days after and it will cure it. If you have the GOTY copy the vampire quest glitches and you can't finish. Thus, I've never known the thrill of staying a vampire for long because I know if I do it is permanent.

i am the grey fox and also the listener for the dark hand, and im only level 12

Mod Edit: Please put more effort into your posts in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure what you mean, I did not have the game to begin with. I bought every single thing for that price. The game itself and all its expansions.

Anyway, I finally think I've done all the quest in the game. I made myself a clone and basically DESTROYED anything and everything. It was like cheating times 100.

Wow idk where you got yours but out here no stores have this game for under 25 bucks GOTY or regular editions

Back