Playstation Reasons Behind PSN Outage

i'm gonna get little big planet for my psp :D i was gonna buy it but now it free.. might as well wait for the offer XD

I'll be getting infamous and dead nation or ratchet and clank for PS3... haven't decided on the second game yet :hmmm:
If we've got a PSP and a PS3, do we get 2 games for both consoles, or just the one?
If I can get the PSP ones as well it'll be LittleBigPlanet PSP and... I don't know. I'm not familiar with the others, I'll look later :hmmm:

Little Big Planet & Infamous.....because Dead Nation is just a PSN game...luckily I havent played LBP and Infamous yet so yay for me.

Alright the email came three times... O_O. But anyway I am going to reset my password now. I just had to be really patient and I was xD. I wonder why it came three times though. Pretty weird. So glad to have my account back though so it is all good. :ryan:

Dead Nation looks fun.

But I got my eyes sighted on Infamous and Wipeout. Wipe is such a fun underrated game.

But if it is true, I can use multiple accounts to get 2 more, if so, then I'll end up getting all of them except Super Stardust since I already have that.

That's a point :hmmm: I have PSN accounts actually. I registered my PSP to one, forgot I had it, and created a new one for my PS3 :hmmm:
Hassle though, downloading 4 games, they take ages :hmmm: plus I already have loads I haven't played. Might just stick with inFamous and another one.

Two games for each console? Sweeeeet. I'm gonna need a new memory card mind.

I've always wanted to try out Wipeout HD, just never got around to it, and I already have LBP and InFamous (eh), though I don't have the PSP version, so might get that. Not sure what other PSP game to pick mind.

Two games per existing PSN account Sonny. (If true)

But after looking at Dead Nation, it looks just like another Zombie Apocalypse (Which I have)

Wipeout HD is definitely going on my DL list. It was fun in my childhood, and it should be fun now.

It's like Twisted Metal, but with super hi-tech futuristic vehicles and weapons.

Oh really? Knew that woulda been too good to be true, but a guy can hope :sad3:

At that rate then, Wipeout HD for sure, and I'm kinda stuck between Dead Nation and ModNation :hmmm: Two completely differenct ends of the spectrum :wacky:

I think I may get Dead Nation after-all. I was worried it would be too scary and gory, and the sound effects have me cringing a little (see, I'm a true wuss ;A;) but watching a walkthrough, the gory and bloody details aren't that noticeable, so as long as it's not some first person POV where I'll see zombies up close and personal, I'll likely get it.

I don't think that's true. :hmmm: I can sign in and out freely, and people are still signing in and out on my friends list (even those of you across the pond). Although, I don't know, as that link doesn't seem to be working for me.

it wasn't a hack, it was an exploit with the password resets; it was discovered (presumably by a white-hat hacker, since I don't know of any incidents of ID theft yet) that a bit of code could be used to exploit the PSN website to change a person's password by using their name and email. Assuming the hackers took said info in the breach a month ago, they could use this to hijack peoples' accounts. Sony took the site down as a result to patch it up, i think. that's about as much as i know.

its working then? Quality :ryan:

Im assuming the store is still down though? I want my freebies. Is it true we only get the free games for 30 days?

The freebies will be available for 30 days, so you must get them within that time frame. After 30 days, the offer no longer stands.

I think I have decided to get Infamous and Little big planet. But after 30 days it is up so I should hurry up. All I have been playing is black ops with FFF friends.

lol 30 days is plenty enough time to pick your 2 choices.(unless you are off for a long holiday) I am just wondering how long it takes to dl 1 game....Siren bloodcurse took me like freeking 6 hours! cuz of wi-fi......:rage:

So the store is up now? That's really the only thing I care about in terms of PSN :hmmm:

Also: In regards to the specific gmaes available for free, someone mentioned how you'll be able to DL 2 PS3 games AND 2 PSP games. Is that actually true, or is it just two games collectively? 'Cause I download everything via my PS3 before copy to my PSP, so would the system detect just the first two games and then tell me to pay up the other two? D=

Download Size Of The Free Welcome Back Programme Games

Sony’s recently announced that every PSN user who has had an active account created before the 19th of April, the day when the company took PSN offline after being hacked, would be receiving two free games which they would be able to choose from a list of five titles.

The titles are as follows:

• Dead Nation
  • inFAMOUS
  • LittleBigPlanet
  • Super Stardust HD
  • Wipeout HD + Fury
Every country in Europe and the US having a PS Store would be entitled to avail this offer. Although it’s a great initiative from Sony’s end but one point still remains mostly unclear. How big is the download size of these games? We know it won’t be an issue for owners of the newer models of PS3 which come with a big hard disk, but users who’re still relying on their trusty old FAT models which come with 20 GB, 40 GB and 60 GB HDDs might have issues if they don’t know about their download sizes, so that they can plan accordingly.

Therefore, we’ve collected the estimated download size for each of these games and also will be revealing a method by which you would be able to redeem these games and keep them as a “purchase” and download them at a later date.

First off, let’s take a look at how big the download sizes of these games are:

• InFamous – 6.88 GB
  • LittleBigPlanet – 2216 MB (Thanks Hawkboi)
  • Wipeout HD/Fury – 738 MB
  • Dead Nation – 1.39 GB
  • Super Stardust – 290MB
If you’re worried that your PS3′s HDD doesn’t have enough space to download two out of these five titles which you’re interested in redeeming, don’t worry because we know of a method that will ensure you get to have your pick and download them at a later date when you can clear up some space or upgrade to a better hard drive.

You’ll only need to select the “download” option from the PS Store if you don’t have the required space and it should operate in the same way as that of a game bought off the PS Store, which will enable you to download it at a later date as selecting this option would save the game to your account as a “purchase”.

There you go, it’ll act in the same way any regular PSN purchase and there you shouldn’t be worried if you don’t have the required space left in your PS3 to download two of your favorite titles from the list.

Keep in mind that these games will only remain free to download for 30 days from the day the PS Store comes back online, so make sure you do it before that period expires.

http://www.gamersmint.com/download-size-of-the-free-welcome-back-programme-games

As much as im not interested in the games the PSN store,for me at least,still is not available.....I still say they should have made a clear anouncment with a date when it would be up,even a hypothetical date would be nice

Back