Recommend me an RPG thread

Breath of Fire 3. I only reached a certain part, but I loved it. I loved the characters, the battle system, and...you turn into a dragon! What else could you ask for?

Check out BoF4, as well. Not as good as BoF3, but its still enjoyable. Dont bother with Dragon's Quarter. It's horrid >_>

Hey hey! Thanks for all the suggestions fellas. I might try out persona 3 first. Keep posting =)

Hey hey! Thanks for all the suggestions fellas. I might try out persona 3 first. Keep posting =)

Excellent choice :elmo: Just to warn you, you might have difficulty finding it, even though it's new. The Gamestops here in town didn't have it and I had to go to a local game store run by these two fatass nerds to find it. Worth the hunt though, I'd say.

Persona 3 is a good game but you have to play the Xenosaga series. It has the best and most in-depth storyline of any game. These games absolutely blew me away with an unbelievable story, great characters, and fantastic music.

A must play

I concur, the Xenosaga series is made of win. And if you're short on cash (Persona 3 is $30) then I'd say opt for Xenosaga 1, it's less than $10 used at Gamestop now.

Persona 3 fes comes out in a little less then two weeks, don't waste money buying the normal game.

Xenosaga is all right, but the censorship kind of turns me off...a lot of stuff was taken out so the game could keep a teen rating, especially in the third one. In any case, censorship or not it's nowhere near as good as xenogears so play that if you haven't yet.

SaGa Frontier 2 for PS for its cool watercolor backgrounds. I'll warn you--it's not easy to beat though. The first few levels are easier, but when you get near the end, it's insane. However, beating it to see the rest of the watercolor backgrounds is worth it.

And I'll bet no one's mentioned this one--Moon RPG Remix Adventure for PS. Although it's only good if you understand Japanese, and it's very difficult to find now. You might be able to get it from e-Bay if you're lucky. I did manage to play it without understanding it though, but I think I'm still missing out quite a bit.

Castlevania SOTN--PS (enough said; it's the music)

I'm not sure I'd consider Okami to be an RPG, but it's a great game either way. It's not turn based RPG, but it's more like Zelda is an RPG. It's for PS2.

I heard of Suikoden III, but I don't know how good it is. Actually, it's an entire series, and there are some for PS and PS2.

This one is a little kiddish, but it's fun because you get to make your own characters. It's called Graffiti Kingdom for PS2.

For PS1:

Legend of Dragoon
Chrono Cross
Vagrant Story
Tales of Destiny
Tales of Destiny 2
Xenogears
Wild Arms
Wild Arms 2
Persona 1 and 2
Suikoden 1 and 2
Koudelka
Parasite Eve

For PS2:

LOTR: The Third Age
Legend of Legaia 2
Shaodw Hearts series
Persona 3
Wild Arms 3
Wild Arms 4

Just to add alittle, but yeah these are some great ones on here. I personally think the PS1 and 2 have the best RPGs. So many different selections to bite into ;)

Rogue Galaxy for PS2. KH kinda figthing system with awesome charathers,story gorgeous graphics = epic win.
Rogue Galaxy is that good??
I see it last time on tha mall but couldn't decide if buy it or not (i ended buying Okami for the Wii) but i'm still curious if it's worthy to buy it.

PS2:
.Hack//G.U Vol.1
.Hack//G.U Vol.2
.Hack//G.U Vol.3
Shadow Hearts From the New World
Digital Devil Saga

Well there's many games choose one :monster:

RPG suggestions for PS and PS2

I'm finally getting a PS2 after my old ones tragic death caused by gravity (Damn you gravity!). I am making a list of PS and PS2 RPGs to get back, and I need your suggestions. So far, I have:

Final Fantasy VII-X
Chrono Cross
Breath of Fire 3
RPG Maker 2 (yeah, I actually liked it...)

And thats it. I need more, of course. Help me!

P.S. Could one of you fantastic mods move this to the correct forum if this is the wrong section...

Yeah RPG maker is fun. I recommend you downloading the PC version. It's fun.

You definitely need to get either Castlevania: Curse of Darkness or Castlevania: Lament of Innocence. They're not precisely RPGs, but they're really fun :]

Vagrant Story, awesome game. I remember really enjoying it for a very long time. Squeenix did a good job considering the hardware they had to work with back then.

You definitely need to get either Castlevania: Curse of Darkness or Castlevania: Lament of Innocence. They're not precisely RPGs, but they're really fun :]

I've played Curse of Darkness. I enjoyed it a lot. Never played Lament of Innocence, I'll consider it.

O.O oh, Vagrant Story, that's going on my list. I heard lots of good things about it.

Chrono Cross is definitely a must-play. I heard that Chrono Trigger is also a very good game, and although I've only played 1/4 of the game, I find it true.

Lunar 2 and the Grandia series is also pretty cool, so you might wanna check that out as well.

I really like Breath of Fire IV, too. I think it gets pretty hard at the end, but the story is interesting and you really get to know all of the characters. Playing from two different perspectives in the first half of the game is another standout feature.

You like Symphonia, don't you? Give Tales of the Abyss a try, then. Amazing game.

Dragon Quest VIII is good, too.

Back