Multiple Platforms Resident Evil 5

Ive just recently completed the game and my feeling on it are quite mixed. The horror aspect is now tottally gone, there wasnt one moment in the game where i jumped or felt any tension whatsoever which really dissapointed me.
As has already been said i found the item handling system annoying, a bullet proof vest as an item was a silly idea and in my oppinion there just wasnt enough slots to carry ammo and the weapons you needed.
The storyline i thought was ok, i didnt think it was exciting as re4s but none the less it was good. I liked the inclusion of
Jill and Wesker and the back stories on them
it was a great add and added to the re timeline quite well.
Ive yet to play the mercs so il edit in my oppinion on that later.
As for the main character Chris, i thought he was abit dull and plain to be honest, there was nothing that interesting about him i didnt think when compared with past heroes like Leon and Claire.
Great game if your looking for good action, decent storyline and great bonus features but if your looking for a game thatl scare you id go and buy dead space.
I guess thats the thing that dragged re5 down for me. It just wasnt scary AT ALL.

I enjoyed RE4 a lot more, but I can't tell why really. I think it's because 5 started to feel a little bit ridiculous towards the end (on the ship). When you're having to hide behind walls and pop to shoot enemies, it just had a distinct feeling of Gears of War to me. >>
I like how it gives more insight into the history of the characters, especially through the files. Its really made me want to play the earlier games, even though I never liked them that much.

Also, I've been wondering what happened to Ada since at the end of 4, she took the sample and mentioned something about Wesker needing it?

Well a lot of fans are asking for elaboration through DLC side-stories (much like Ada's story in RE4) so we can only hope they come into existence.

I personally hope for more on just what the heck Ada is doing at the moment, as well as a further chapter in the saga of Hunk, and possibly a bit more in depth about what happened after the spencer estate meeting (from Weskers point of view)

I wont disagree with you on that, they really did drop into the realms of "Wtf" with the ak-74 toating manjini's it was definatley a step in the wrong direction!

The gun fights were just weird, it didnt feel like you were playin an re game when your having blazing gun battles with the zombies/manjinns The only enemy which i didnt like being around were the cockroach things that fell from the roof. Towards the end i was constantly gettin one hit killed by them. They were hard to kill -__-

on a mercenaries note....im beginning to really worry about my addiction when I manage to break SS rank with
BSAA Jill (she struggles at killing bosses because of not having a high powered weapon)
and when I go through an entire mercs mode game only taking a single hit (stupid pipe manjini's with there auto-face shit when your try to be evasive)

Maybe I should lay off for a while?.....or maybe I should carry on and see if I can get the jist of melee abusing to get a top X rank on the leaderboards? :P

What's melee abusing?

Started playing with one of my mates on merc mode again and finally gotten round to unlocking Battlesuit Jill (<3) and STARS Wesker (walking death machine). We finally get the A Rank on the Ship level with a BSAA Chris and Wesker combo and the Prison with some double Safari Chris Rocket Launcher shenanigans.

Got my first S with our first run on Public Assembly with a STARS Wesker duo which was insane. Switched to B.Suit Jill since multiple short range kills against a group with the Sniper Rifle is just so satisfying. :)

Despite playing this untold times i'm still not that bored of RE5, I recently went through a fresh game (no infinite ammo or upgraded weapons) and it was ANNOYING D: kept running out of ammo space or just... Having no ammo, and i'm hardly a bad shot nowadays :gasp: and oh my god I so HATE Sheva's AI sometimes, while she can be a deadly shot with a rifle, in closed spaces like when in the oil refinery with the two chainsaw majinis she just stands there and lets herself get beheaded while i'm trying to shotgun-melee combo the pair of them D:

That aside though, it can be a really fun game if you know how to share ammo, or better yet, have different weapon sets for the two characters. I personally have Chris as the main powerhouse, magnum, shotgun, grenadegun etc while Sheva handles the speedy and accurate weapons like the rifle, handgun, machine gun etc and that seems to work out best for me. But no matter how strong my weapons get Reapers are still the death of me, even on professional nothing comes more annoying.

They just charge you, and without a rocket launcher it's hard to stop them so I often have to keep running back and shoot those mellow coloured sacs on it's body, usually with the magnum or rifle. While doing professional mode though, it has made me a bit more accurate (sometimes making me give Chris a shot with the rifle) which has helped get me some of the S ranks on some levels (haven't dared on professional yet, still a bunch of As and Bs, darn death rate D: )

Even though the terrifying aspect of Resident Evil is practically gone now (I was more scared in the demo tbh) it did keep me entertained, trying to avoid bullets and such as well as those blasted stun rods :gasp: Probably rate it at about a 9, still need to get the hang of Mercs, I fail hard atm.

I've found the best way to deal with Sheva's idiocy is to not give her a weapon, and just use her as my ammo storage (when I'm using weapons that require it). I do let her carry her longbow from time to time, but she keeps killing people I want to kill. D:

I struggle with Mercenaries too a bit, but I don't really enjoy playing it for some reason. Which is odd because I thought it was brilliant on 4, and it's essentially the same thing but on new maps.
All I'm really bothered about now is getting all treasures and figurines, completing it on Pro and also upgrading all my weapons. I'm waiting for my friend to start playing it again before I do it on Pro though so we can work together at it. I'm not trying that with AI. >>

I did and it was MENTAL, biggest death rate was definately the savanna level, I ended up bringing a friend in for savanna and the uroboros research facility. Died the most on savanna though, 10 deaths because the stupid AI kept targeting the zombies instead of the stupid boss. I can kill the zombies as and when necessary ffs -__-

Tbh emblems is bigger torture, without help I dunno how I would've done it, half of them are miles off and can only be sniped, and even then it's difficult to get the shot right.

Yeah, a lot of the emblems have been ridiculously placed. I got about 15 by myself, and then I had to look the rest up. How would anyone think to shoot a dumpster with a rocket launcher to see what's inside it?!

I think RE5 is an amazing game that is truly fun to play (I've not tired of it yet, though, I never get tired of any Resident Evil XD). The only thing I missed was the plot. It wasn't amazing at all. In fact, it seemed to be lacking with a great intensity.

I really felt like Sheva's character was bland, too. They could have put more into her past to make her more interesting, but then suddenly it's all forced on you just like Chris and his new addiction to steroids.

I only bought it today, so I dunno whether I'm just doing something wrong or whether it's just typical of a Resident Evil game, but wtf's all that about having to stand still when shooting, why can't the nob walk backwards and shoot...at least >.>

I only bought it today, so I dunno whether I'm just doing something wrong or whether it's just typical of a Resident Evil game, but wtf's all that about having to stand still when shooting, why can't the nob walk backwards and shoot...at least >.>

Hahahahaha thats just the way it is man xD Its something that annoyed me aswell but you get used to it, most enemies have to stop to attack you so it balances out fairly.

Wait, you can lock on as well? I think I need to go read the manual :ness:

Hahahahaha thats just the way it is man xD Its something that annoyed me aswell but you get used to it, most enemies have to stop to attack you so it balances out fairly.
I guess so, although it annoyed me on the first chapter when that big fucker with the axe can hit from like a mile away and I had to stop to shoot him. -__-

No, you can't lock on or run and shoot. It makes it better I think, because it means you can't just stay on the move constantly and avoid attacks (it would be so much easier if you could just side step out of the way).

I thought the exact same thing when I first played. I even said that to Lew in the SB.
I've stopped playing for a while. After playing through enough to get infinite ammo for all the shotguns, magnums, rifles and of course the rocket launcher, I need a bit of a brake from it.

It's an extremely easy game really, it doesn't long to get all the achievements/trophies and stuff :ness:
The only difficult thing about professional mode was when people walked off then got it, which basically meant you started from the next checkpoint, like some nob on the last level kept running off and getting hit -__-

It's an extremely easy game really, it doesn't long to get all the achievements/trophies and stuff :ness:
The only difficult thing about professional mode was when people walked off then got it, which basically meant you started from the next checkpoint, like some nob on the last level kept running off and getting hit -__-
That depends on how you play it. If you play and just try to get trophies, it won't take too long, Be the knife and Lead Aspirin being the only two which would take a bit of time to get. But I think that detracts from the fun of the game, because it's very easy to get an 'S' on 2-3 and there's plenty of money you can get in 3-1. Do that a couple of times and you've got the both the weapons one.
I suppose it comes down to how you want to play a game:wacky:

The game in general is extremely easy regardless how and what you play it for D:
I wasn't bothered about how quick I went through it, it's a very bland and boring game anyway which brings nothing new. The nazi-monster things in Uncharted were scarier >.>

Back