Multiple Platforms Resident Evil 5

It's not a particularly hard game considering that if you upgrade a shotgun you can kill most Majini in one shot.
Nor is it a scary game, it's broken up into missions which you play with another person, which is never any scary at all.
I still think it's better than a lot of FPS games.

It's not a particularly hard game considering that if you upgrade a shotgun you can kill most Majini in one shot.
Nor is it a scary game, it's broken up into missions which you play with another person, which is never any scary at all.
What is the game's high point then? :wacky:
There's nothing memorable about the game, its storyline is dreadfully short and doesn't make up for it any other way. The whole shooting thing is awful, why you can't walk and shoot is beyond me. It's not scary, which you'd presume it would be. The best you could hope to get out of this game is replay value. Overall it lacks substance and is probably a rental at best. =/

What is the game's high point then? :wacky:
There's nothing memorable about the game, its storyline is dreadfully short and doesn't make up for it any other way. The whole shooting thing is awful, why you can't walk and shoot is beyond me. It's not scary, which you'd presume it would be. The best you could hope to get out of this game is replay value. Overall it lacks substance and is probably a rental at best. =/
Probably for fans of the rest of the series. It fills in the story after Jill tackled Wesker out the window. The controls are generally terrible I agree, but compared to other FPSs it's not that bad. You get to kill Zombies and there's a pretty chick for gamers to gawp at.
It's got the other game modes, mercaneries et al, and compared to something like CoD5, it's infinitely better.

This was my first Resident Evil game ever, and I REALLY enjoyed it. I beat the game on all difficulties with my roommate. Except easy, and the last half of the missions of Prof (I did those on my own :gonk:). It was sort of prdictable? But definitely worth it, and for the record, the nick-knacks you get in HOME from the game, regardless of wether or not you use home, was a nice touch in my opinion.

Hi...
I read your post and i just wanna go with Resident Evil -5 so now looking for that so also i had watched all part movies also go with other part of games so nice to see the next one... eagerly waiting... Thanks for sharing...

Sir, you MUST play Resident Evil 4. Imagine Resident Evil 5 with better story, characters, and environments... and a dozen times scarier.

jill_re5_by_sbs-530x355.gif

Patricia Ja Lee, voice and motion capture actress for Jill Valentine in Resident Evil 5 did an interview with Un-Wired TV where she accidentally spilled the beans on a director’s cut of Resident Evil 5.
About 7 minutes into the interview Ja Lee says:
“So I guess the news is already out but I did a voice over last week for the director’s cut that’s coming out for Resident Evil 5, and I guess it’s obvious at this point that it’s going to be at least somewhat involving Jill [Valentine].”
Sorry sweetheart, the news was not already out, but that’s ok..it’s good to keep gamers in the know. Now, the only question is what exactly this director’s cut will consist of. Will it be a re-release of the game or will it be some form of DLC. We’ll have to wait for Capcom to confirm for us at a later date. To check out the full interview, just go here.
Source

Last edited:
I really think that people who complain about controls haven't played a Resident Evil game before.
The fourth game was a huge improvement over previous RE games, and RE5 was prettymuch RE4's mechanics with co-op gameplay and a story of a hollywood action flick... which isn't really a compliment.

I wouldn't say that it was an improvement as much as it was a great new invention on playing a game in general. I still like playing the old ones and have a love for them. When RE4 came out, I was almost tempted to say it was a different game all together because of the game engine. You almost have to tell yourself "Im playing a Resident Evil game."
Not so much with RE5 as was with RE4. I love the new ones, but I find it hard to compare them to the older ones because of the new ones. Total apples and oranges to me.

RE5 DLC release dates

One is called Lost in nightmares and the other is Desperate escape. Lost in nightmares will be released along with a costume pack on February 18th. Desperate escape will be released sometime in march.

This content will come out in both disc form and DLC, so no one needs to worry about it being released in one form over the other.

Here's a trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgBeV4e2ZSw

And the site
http://www.capcom.co.jp/bio5/dl_desperate.html

Update, lost in nightmares comes out tomorrow. Both will be available in disc and downloadable content. Just letting everyone know that is interested.

I just got the DLC a few hours ago and i must say...its good. Even though Lost in nightmares is fairly short, though Mercenaries Reunion is ace. I've been playing as Barry for hours now, he's replaced Wesker as my main :wacky:

Excella is pretty good, she has a grenade launcher with flash grenades and bitchslaps enemies into oblivion :awesome:

I can't wait to play as Josh and Rebecca!

A few hours ago? Where have you been at? :P

Yes Mercenaries Reunion is indeed addictive. Lately that is where most of my hours have gone to in RE5. Excella is definitely my favorite thus far. Although Fairy Tale Sheva and Barry both deserve honorable mentions with Sheva's weapon selection and 5 golden eggs and Barry's Headbutt and nostalgia quotes. I still have yet to use Warrior Chris however.

I have purchased Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition about two month ago and I got to say it is a good game. I personally enjoy playing Lost in Nightmare the most because you get to play as Chris Redfield or Jill Valentine in the same mansion that appears in the original Resident Evil game once again. I also like the few changes that they added to the mansion with new details and new sound effects, which it made the game feel more horrifying and realistic. It's a fantastic game to play with, because it has different gameplay style and different multiplayer modes. It is by far the best Resident Evil game ever made.

So I have been playing it the last few days, and it is not a bad game. It has some advantages to its predecessors but far more disadvantages. I think character design for Chris is pretty poor, and they have made the game far far too easy to beat, not to mention the extras are a joke to get. it's a lot of fun though, the guns are pretty cool, and it's gorgeous to look at.

CassinoChips please do not ban me for reviving an old thread, a lot of really hip members are currently playing it

Does that mean I can ban you instead, Licky? :britt:

The game is very good, especially when playing with a friend. I picked it up on release day and beat the crap out of it on all the hardest modes. After that...I was very much finished with it and wanted nothing to do with it. However, I am being dragged back into the world of Africa and steroid use for a Vet playthrough with our good friend Jill Valentine. :hmmm: So I will have it to play once again here soon. :neomon:

I am a productive member, plz don't ban

I have actually found the AI to be much more capable than people told me it would be, she has saved my ass on numerous occasions. And all of her deaths thus far have either killed me too, or been due to my poor judgement. The only problem I had with it, was that monster which crawls out of the truck that crashes on the cliff side road.

Having played this part before with my good pal Sakura, and because I am not a thick cunt, I realised we had to catch he boss in a pincer i.e. one in front, one behind. I was thrilled when the AI made the same observation...and then proceeded to follow me around rather than flank the cunt

Back