sephiroth ruler of planet?

This is such a stupid argument.

The villains from VI, VIII and IX caused cataclysmic damage and destruction on a global scale, whereas Sephy just ran around, stabbed some girl, and failed to do anything much in the end.

The villains from VI, VIII and IX caused cataclysmic damage and destruction on a global scale, whereas Sephy just ran around, stabbed some girl, and failed to do anything much in the end.

wrong. He was sleeping in Northern Crater. He only commands Jenova. Jenova took the form of Sephiroth and killed Aerith. Okay maybe Jenova and Sephiroth have merged into one being by this time. But it still doesn't deny the fact that Sephiroth is happily sleeping in Northern Crater for a long period of time.

But I agree with you. Kefka and Kuja have done greater things than that. Both villains destroyed a world completely in some way or another. Kuja did not destroy Gaia but he pwned the alternate world, Terra. I feel that Sephiroth/Jenova did not accomplish much. Even Ultimecia managed to compress time and cause chaos despite her lack of personality and cowardly possessions of Edea, Rinoa and Adel.

Not saying that I am a Sephy-hater though. He's cool and all. Vayne (FFXII) is even worse. I like the OWA theme, especially the Advent Children one and the piano collections version.

I like Sephiroth better as a character than an overall villain. He started out as a good guy, had close friends like anybody else, a cool persona (So I can see why Cloud looked up to him so much back in the day) and then one day he has a fall from grace, a mental breakdown, mommy issues, gets killed, gets crazier and mind fucks Cloud to oblivion but he didn't count on the power of Love to bring him back. Villain wise, meh, I really wouldn't even class him in the top five of the best video game villains in the world.

I mean to be honest Shinra felt more like the main villain of Final Fantasy VII than he did.

Still a good character. I liked him better in Crisis Core than anything else though

I actually forgot about the burning down village thing back when I made my first post. But even after Sephiroth did that the town is still there.

Also I forgot about all of Kuja's accomplishments. He's a badass villian too.

As for Ultimecia, I used her at first in Dissidia because I thought she looked awesome, and I like Ultimecia as a visual model for villians. Just not an over-all model as one. She didn't have enough growth, no story or background either. But I understand why she took control of Edea, Rinoa and Adel. She couldn't leave her time/dimension. (No one mentioned this, it's just on my mind) Hrmm, and thinking about the whole Ultimecia is Rinoa thing kind of make sense from some angles and gives her more character and story but... I don't like thinking about the fact that it could be true. D:

Just in case anyone was wondering, I used Kefka after Ultemcia when I played Dissidia. WAY easier to use. xD

Waaaaait!!!!

Since when did Ultimecia do cataclysmic damage? she just possessed 2 sorceresses!

yeah. sephiroth walked around and gathered his "followers" and such, but he did manage to summon meteor, he also merged with the lifestream or so to speak.
(you neglected president shinRa... i'll cry for him!)
Urggh... not much of an argument, is it? lol.

Nontheless, he's still pretty cool.

Have you SEEN the time compressed world?

What, you mean with every single town with a barrier around them? yeah. that time compression thing after Adel is time melding in on itself...well, that's my way of explaining it, afterall, if those towns really did go all warped, then they wouldn't be standing where they were when you finally stopped at your destination at the end.....

why sephiroth?

my fellow sephiroth fans, i pose a question. why sephiroth? i mean there are other cool ff villians out there, but you all chose sephiroth as your number 1. why? me myself being a fan, i chose him because he is the ultimate badass, wicked cool, very interesting and intriguing, and everything about him is awesome and cool. that is why I chose him, but why did all you guys choose him? p.s. when responding to THIS POST, no haters please and no bashing sephiroth! this is simply a question for SEPHIROTH FANS.

Ok all I have to say is...Kingdom of hearts. On expert...optional boss sephiroth. During the final fantasy seris I thought he was too easy and expected more. But if you play that game on expert and fight him....yeah it is really hard for me. Made me have a new respect for the man. All in all he is a really good bad guy

agreement

well free lancer, i never played the kh games, well i played the second one a little, but not nearly long enough to fight sephiroth. but from what i have heard, it is almost impossible to beat sephiroth in kh. he truly is the best villian.

damn right!

you know it! he is a global success. but no, he is not the first villian that comes to mind if you mention ff to someone who has never heard of ff. lol... kefka?! really? sure he may have more personality but look at how he looks. he looks like a clown. so of course he has more personality because a clown with a personality like sephiroth's would just be weird... but sephiroth has a more in depth background and character... does anyone agree with me on that?

I think that Genesis is a greater villain than Sephiroth. As a matter of fact, Genesis is the reason why Sephiroth found out that he was a "monster" and not a "hero". If you don't know what I'm talking about, play FFVII: Crisis Core. I'm not going to go into detail but it gives you a lot of insight on the story.

To answer the Poll's question:

Hmm.....I'd have to say the Kingdom Hearts version of his song was the best, unless it was the 7 version as well, then I guess the first 7 version as well. But something about the KH version sounded louder and clearer.

So I'll say that one. :)

lol... kefka?! really? sure he may have more personality but look at how he looks. he looks like a clown.
I have to disagree with your post.... Clowns are scary!
C.png
A lot more scary and threatening than a leather-wearing man. Everyone knows too much leather (and spandex?) = eww.
LOS.png

@Masamune II & Hilda Garde III:
Kefka (actually managed to destroy the world, split the lands, blow it up), Kuja (Do I have to say it? lol) and Emperor from II (Have just begun my game! :P But I hear from everyone that he's managed to destroy an entire world) has caused loads of damage, far more than I've seen in the others. I remember Ulty making some damage, but I haven't played to that point in three years, so my mind is a tad bit foggy....

Almost.... practically.... almost..... almost...... would have.... pretty much.....

Kefka succeeded in killing an entire city, rearranging the geography of an entire planet, and holding the populace of an entire world under his thrall, living in complete fear of his retribution for any perceived misdeeds through his Light of Judgment.

Kuja, on the other hand, won a war, levelled a city, and annihilated a planet, on top of controlling some of the most powerful eidolons.

Success > Not Success.

This, exactly. Sorry, but even though I don't think of Sephiroth as being wimpy or anything, I just can't see him as being the best villain. To me, he felt, more than anything, like an angry pawn who decided to seek vengeance because he had been taken advantage of. While this sort of matches the description for a lot of villains in fantasy stories, the big difference is in accomplishment vs failure. To succeed as a villain, one has to be both powerful and intelligent, and for Sephiroth to have failed at his plans means that he has to have been lacking in at least one of the two :hmmm: Kefka and Kuja may have been defeated in the end, but at least they accomplished some of the things they set out to do before that happened.

sephiroth's accomplishments

that's not true. sephiroth didn't fail in ALL of his goals. he managed to summon meteor, he obtained the black materia from cloud, he killed aerith, he destroyed shinra/midgar. and to reply to unsung's reply, that is not entirely true either. sephiroth would have discocered his "heritage" with or without genesis. they don't mention genesis at all in ff7, and he still became what he is today. genesis mostly confirmed sephiroth's beliefs, and in a way encouraged him. so no, even without genesis, sephiroth still would have discovered who he was.

that's not true. sephiroth didn't fail in ALL of his goals. he managed to summon meteor, he obtained the black materia from cloud, he killed aerith, he destroyed shinra/midgar. and to reply to unsung's reply, that is not entirely true either. sephiroth would have discocered his "heritage" with or without genesis. they don't mention genesis at all in ff7, and he still became what he is today. genesis mostly confirmed sephiroth's beliefs, and in a way encouraged him. so no, even without genesis, sephiroth still would have discovered who he was.
I like that you have so much passion. It's a good thing.

but, again, he "summoned" meteor, but that isn't what he set out to accomplish. He wanted to destroy everything. Which he failed at.

Yes, he destroyed Midgard, but only because some place pretty much had to be sacrificed to stop Meteor.

And, yes, he killed Aerith. But, in the end, it didn't stop her from stopping him. So it didn't count for anything. 'Sides, she wasn't in her right mind. Thus she was easy pickings.

I hope everyone can just agree to disagree. xD;

it may not be...

summoning meteor may not what his overall goal was, but it was still needed to get further in his goals, plus if he DIDN'T summon meteor, then we wouldn't have all the great continuations we have today like advent children or acc. of course i am passionate about this. i support my beliefs as much as possible and speak my mind. it's just how i am. thanks for the compliment though.

I like that you have so much passion. It's a good thing.

but, again, he "summoned" meteor, but that isn't what he set out to accomplish. He wanted to destroy everything. Which he failed at.

Yes, he destroyed Midgard, but only because some place pretty much had to be sacrificed to stop Meteor.

And, yes, he killed Aerith. But, in the end, it didn't stop her from stopping him. So it didn't count for anything. 'Sides, she wasn't in her right mind. Thus she was easy pickings.

I hope everyone can just agree to disagree. xD;

You have some misconceptions about his goals friend.

He didn`t want to destroy everything, his plan was to use meteor to gather the lifestream in one location and absorb it. And again no villain in FF has acheived their goals or destroyed everything. In ACC his goal changed to fighting and killing cloud, he actually doent care about anything at all anymore execept killing his nemesis, the creators themselves said he wouldn`t even pay attention to anything happening around him.

I feel that people are none the wiser to sephiroth`s true goal after he became super powrfull in ACC. He`s no longer interested in the planet, if he wanted to he could just corrupt it with his negative lifestream and use it as his space shuttle, or just summon meteor again and wait it out. His mere presence in minerva`s lifestream was causing it to corrupt and degrade so badly aerith could barely hold on in there. However he wanted to be in the physicall world to fight cloud, hence why he set fractions of his spirit to gather S-cells in the surface so he could have a body again.

So he almost acheived his main goal, which was killing cloud, but of course even tough he is the most powerfull in all of FF7 he will always fall to his rival good guy.

-This response contains spoilers-

Think about it this way. It was in pursuit of Genesis that Sephiroth became weary of who he was. And it was the teasing and hinting of Genesis that lead Sephiroth to lock himself in the mansion's study and figure out just exactly what happened. Once he found out that he was the son of Jenova, he became enraged with the world and swore to destroy it. Had Genesis never waged war against Soldier, who knows if Sephiroth would have found out or not. Even if he was suspicious before Genesis left Soldier, the suspicion could have been from when Genesis and Sephiroth fought while in the training room and Sephiroth wounded Genesis. In the cutscene Angeal volunteers to be the blood donor for Genesis when Sephiroth is denied and Sephiroth has always wondered why.

P.S. If you think about it, Genesis means "the beginning". That could just be a coincidence but he seems to be the key factor in Sephiroth's new beginning as a villain; the beginning of his hatred for the world.

Last edited:

but genesis wasn't in ff7 at all. they don't even mention him. i think when they made cc they just added genesis as another character so the game could have a main villian other than sephiroth. so yeah, in the original, genesis has nothing to do with sephiroth...

Back