Multiple Platforms Soul Calibur V coming?!

Sure, why not? Considering Ezio hails from the Renaissance era, throwing him in with the rest of SCV's cast would make him a lot less incongruous than say, bloody Darth Vader who was as random as you could get. If this is true, then I call that screenshot bullshit. Who's ever heard of an Ezio fighting against a woman? :mokken:

Sure, why not? Considering Ezio hails from the Renaissance era, throwing him in with the rest of SCV's cast would make him a lot less incongruous than say, bloody Darth Vader who was as random as you could get. If this is true, then I call that screenshot bullshit. Who's ever heard of an Ezio fighting against a woman? :mokken:

Indeed. Darth Vader and Yoda+ Apprentice. The apprentice was not even finished by the time IV was out. He was still in his prototype design, so you see how shite it was to have him in the game. Ezio is a good addition because it does make sense like you said. I have to say Darth Vader and Yoda + Prototype design Apprentice was the most stupid idea ever imaginable. THREE Star wars characters? God that was an abomination. With one not even fully designed! Oh yeah, You are right, Livi. Ezio never fights girls... he just gets them all over him. :tehe: Besides.. it was only the main character select and the other player decided it would be funny to land on Pyrrah. I have always thought Ezio was so easy to create in SC III and IV by character creation. Of course, you couldn't give him his Italian voice and right weapons. :britt:

Alright, double post because nobody ever reads this. *sigh* I am losing interest.

More characters and stages

New screenshots of Soucalibur V have come out of Namco Bandai. In them, we see characters Nightmare, Raphael, and Leixia, as well as four stages: Free Imperial City: Old Quarter, Unknown Forest, Cavern of Light and Darkness, and Luoyang: Grand Festival of Guandi Temple.

Xws3M.jpg

Soucalibur V is due early next year for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

Source: Gematsu

Ezio :inlove:

And that Venetian rooftops remix track is just godly. That was easily my favourite piece out of the whole of Assassin's Creed 2's OST. But Ezio, you're doing it wrong. That's not the right way to assassinate someone!

Im sorry for my short post but having star wars people in the game was allready bad enough although the apprentice wasn't that bad, but now their randomly just gonna throw a assassin creed guy in the game, I guess Ill wait till soul calibur 6 to play as jack sparrow. Why they keep adding these cameo's in the gme I wont understand, but I guess this alot better than star war crap and he does look like he belongs in the game just like kratos, sill doesnt mean he was just randomly put on the game :smartass: im just glad star wars is gone :whogives:

Soul Calibur V shows off amazing character customisation

A new video demonstrating Soul Calibur V’s character creator features a huge variety of options.

Producer Hiosaharu Tago “narrates” the video, which is jaw-dropping. The ability to modify the position, orientation, and angle of everything – right down to the patterns on fabric – makes for a staggering array of possibilities, easily outstripping Oblivion’s character editor, for example.

You can even fiddle with existing characters, although there’s no mention of whether you can tone down the notoriously enormous bosoms. At least you can put a shirt over them.

Soul Calibur V is expected in Februay 2012, on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

Hmmmm.

We have raphael right beside Am-I mean viola in the select screen.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Also that CAS is fucking Badass. along with everything else in this game. This game is the shit people.

(Kinda pissed at Ivy sucking though)

Oh, thanks for doing the dirty work for me. I must say I am impressed with this new Create a soul. It looks so advanced, that I just can not wait to make some characters. It should even surpass SC III's CAS. I am so glad you can finally change your size, patterns and everything. This is just going to be amazing. From that video, I am pretty much more excited for Soul Calibur V now. I can see characters across some video game series as very easy to create now. Of course they had to keep the enhancing boobs etc. Yup, that will keep people playing. The things you can do with regular characters is amazing. Excited for this new CAS.

Quick Shots: Soul Calibur V in-game shots and character art released

Mari Shimazaki’s character designs for Soul Calibur V characters Lexia, Ivy and Tria have been released along with a bevvy of in-game shots from the fighter. Shimazaki, works as a freelance illustrator in various fields, and previously worked for Capcom where she designed characters on Okami before transferring to Platinum Games to work as a character designer for Bayonetta. Enjoy the screens below the break. Soul Calibur V is slated for an early 2012 release on PS3 and Xbox 360.

http://www.vg247.com/2011/11/23/quick-shots-soul-calibur-v-in-game-shots-and-character-art-released/

Story trailer and screens released for Soul Calibur V

Namco has releases a new story trailer for Soul Calibur V, which gets you caught up on the battle between Siegfried and Nightmare that took place 17 years before the events depicted the game. Apparently, the face-off brought about a “cataclysmic conclusion” to the era, and ushered in a new one where the stories of old citing the sword’s loss of power may prove to be wrong. Interesting. There’s also a new batch of screens below as well. Soul Calibur V is slated for an early 2012 release on PS3 and Xbox 360.

http://www.vg247.com/2011/12/07/story-trailer-and-screens-released-for-soul-calibur-v/#more-220574

Sometimes you want to fight against a certain Soul Calibur character, but you'd rather their moveset be performed by an old bearded guy. For that, there's Edge Master. Concept art posted by Famitsu shows he'll be returning in Soulcalibur V, as will Soul Calibur IV final boss Algol, who now follows the Street Fighter III boss dress code.

Famitsu also revealed the ability to create "Devil" style characters (like Tekken's Devil Jin) in SCV's character creator. Namco Bandai demonstrated this with a "Devil" version of Tekken producer Katsuhiro Harada.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/12/29/edge-master-and-algol-return-to-the-stage-of-history-in-soulcali/

Soulcalibur V Is Ready To Go, Dampierre DLC Exclusive To Best Buy

http://www.siliconera.com/tag/soulcalibur-v/
Soulcalibur V has gone gold. Namco Bandai will release the game in North America on January 31st on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. It’ll be available in regular and collector’s editions.

The collector’s edition of Soulcalibur V will include a music CD, “Making Of” video content, a hardcover art book and Dark Knight and White Knight downloadable armour sets for the game’s character creation mode. The package will come in a faux leather-bound replica of a book featured within the game.

There are retailer-exclusive pre-order bonuses to sort through, too. GameStop and EB Games Canada will give away an Ivy Valentine Bobble Budd figure with all versions of the game. Gamestop in the U.S. will have the Ivy figure as well.

Meanwhile, Best Buy in both the U.S. and Canada will offer a free download code for Dampierre from Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny.

Walmart U.S. stores will have their own pre-order bonus, too: an exclusive limited edition laser art-cell. Finally, Future Shop stores in Canada will have the art cell as well.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/01/0...dy-to-go-dampierre-dlc-exclusive-to-best-buy/

Algol, Edge Master star in new Soul Calibur V trailer

This action-packed Soul Calibur V trailer gives us a better look at returning characters Algol and Master Edge – and also Soul of Devil Jin, the whimsical custom character based on Tekken creator Katsuhiro Harada.

Soul of Devil Jin was built using Soul Calibur V’s robust character editor tools, and features a couple of moves Tekken fans should recognise – which are available for your own custom avatars using the Devil Jin archetype.

The anticipated fighter arrives on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 very soon – January 31 in the US, February 3 in Europe.

SoulCalibur V Fight Stick (Soul Edition) Review

SoulCalibur V was one of the most anticipated fighters of this year, and MadCatz decided to get in on the action by partnering with Namco Bandai to release the SoulCalibur V Soul Edition Fight stick. This is the first time MadCatz have partnered with Namco, and this stick is retailing for $160, which is actually $10 more expensive then previous MadCatz sticks. So is it worth the purchase, or for people looking for a fight stick, is it worth the extra $10? Read on to find out.

The Soul Edition Fight Stick is the latest stick by MadCatz, and follows in the footsteps of some impressive peripherals for games such as, Street Fighter IV, Marvel Vs Capcom 3, and Super Street Fighter IV. Straight away what will stand out to you about this stick is its looks. The stick is gorgeous looking, and the background art is some of the nicest I have seen on a fight stick.

First off, just like all MadCatz sticks, it comes in great packaging. This is packaging you are going to want to hang onto to store your stick. The packaging, is bright and colourful and features images of some characters from the game, and is definitely worth keeping for storage. The art on the stick is actually an image of Soulcalibur, and Souledge swords. Soulcalibur is surrounded by a bright and colourful icy blue, whilst the other half of the stick, Souledge, is surrounded by a fiery red colour. Either side of the stick is coloured in too, the Soulcalibur side being blue to match the sword, and the Souledge side being red to match it’s fiery evil glow. It’s really great looking, and it’s much more appealing then past sticks, of course if you don’t like it you can always customize it which is one of the best things about Madcatz fight sticks. One nice touch is that the blue and red sides, are actually see through, so you are able to see all these components that actually make the stick work. The PS3 version of the stick, are all completely black, whilst the 360 one has 4 colored buttons, and 4 black ones.

Like past sticks, the buttons are made from real quality arcade components, from the legendary arcade manufacturer Sanwa Denshi. The buttons feel great, just like they have on past sticks, and they worked so well. Of course, the stick also features a Japanese style ball handed joystick, which like the buttons works great, and we had no problems with either. For inputs, such as delayed attacks, it was all very responsive and worked just as it should. On the back of the stick there is a compartment which can open up, this is to hold your 13′ USB cable, in which you use to connect your fight stick to your system. Although some people may be happy that the cable is so long, others might not, and personally it was a bit to long for our liking. Sometimes it was awkward to get the cable to go back into it’s compartment, but it’s only a small problem.

Of course various button lock switches, turbo buttons, and such are all present and correct, just like they are on all Madcatz sticks. Seeing as this stick is for SoulCalibur V, and not MVC3, or SFIV, like past Madcatz sticks, the button layout has been re-done to suit the SoulCalibur series more comfortably. It was expected that they would to this from the start as it makes the game much easier with the buttons in the right place, and so we’re happy that they followed through on their decision.

Overall this is quite a fight stick, the price may be a bit steep, and some people may not be able to afford it no matter how much they want it. If you are looking for a fight stick, for any fighting games in general and are willing to pay the money, go with this stick. It may be $10 extra then the SFIV and MVC3 sticks, but if your willing to pay $10, then definitely go for this stick. It’s worth the extra $10 just because the art and design is great, and really is much nicer than any of MadCatz previous sticks. So if your looking for a new fight stick this is the one for you.

http://thegamershub.net/2012/02/soulcalibur-v-fight-stick-soul-edition-review/

SoulCalibur 5's upcoming DLC has maid costumes, more swimsuits

So, remember how SoulCalibur 5 is getting monthly costume DLC starting next month, and how we were absolutely positive it wouldn't be what we were expecting? Well, turns out this first pack is actually exactly what we expected, in that it's mostly random goofiness and fanservice.

The new array of costumes will be available for purchase through the "Cepheus Store," which will presumably be added during the game's March 21 system/balance update. The store is divided into categories, the ones listed in the video being "Classic Headgears," "SCV Character Equipment," "Maid Costumes," "Active Wear," Ancient Armor" and "Modern Costumes."No word yet on pricing, or whether the costumes will be sold as complete outfits or individual pieces.

The above trailer also teases costumes and accessories coming in future updates, which appear to include fishing regalia, flight attendant outfits, the equipment needed to make King from Tekken, and ... a Pac Man head?

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/03/18/soulcalibur-5s-upcoming-dlc-has-maid-costumes-more-swimsuits/

SoulCalibur 5's story mode is one-fourth its originally planned size

SoulCalibur 5's lackluster single-player offerings majorly stuck in my craw when I reviewed it last January, and while the game's combat is primarily excellent, I couldn't overlook the fact that its story mode is, as I said in my review, "a 3-hour hodgepodge of indecipherable, confusing storyboard panels punctuated by random (although admittedly gorgeous) cinematics."

As it turns out, I wasn't the only one who wanted more from the game's story mode: "Our first plan on the storyboard was that we had every characters' story, and actually we do have it in the studio, but time-wise, man power-wise we weren't able to do it and only one fourth of what we planned to do is in the game," said SC5 director Daishi Odashima during an interview with Train2Game.

In its current form, SC5's story mode follows the adventures of Sophitia's children Pyrrha and Patrokolos. Similar story modes would have existed for every character, but developmental restrictions prevented that from happening. Voice overs for some characters' canned stories exist in a finished, usable state, but Namco Bandai currently has no plans for how (or if) they'll ever be used.

Source: Train2Game

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/03/31/soulcalibur-5s-story-mode-is-one-fourth-of-planned-size/

SoulCalbur V Impact Finals livestreamed at 4:00AM GMT

A must see for any aspiring tournmanet fighter, the SoulCalbur V Impact Finals kick off in a few hours and can be viewed from the comfort of your web browser.

20120411soulcaliburv.jpg

The finals kick off at 4:00AM GMT, which is 9:00PM PDT, midnight EDT, 5:00AM BST, and 2:00PM AEST.

There seem to be some preliminary matches going on at the moment if you want to settle in for the duration. You can catch all the action direct from a dedicated Namco Bandai mini-site.

Soul Calibur V released for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 earlier this year, and despite not igniting the same kind of interest as bestsellers like Capcom’s offerings, has been embraced by the fighting community.

http://www.vg247.com/2012/04/11/soulcalbur-v-impact-finals-livestreamed-at-400am-gmt/#more-249946

Back