South Africa 2010

Well it looks like Italy is out. From what I saw of the game, Italy was doing a poor job considering they're were the defending champs.

Watching Japan VS Denmark.

Japan leading 2-0

I really don't care who wins tbh :hmmm: but, good for Japan.

I was really pissed after slo and Italias game. Now im gonna root for Japan. Italyis out but at least their team isnt dead. Still feel bad though :sad3:

Well, they got a goal toward the end of the game to make it 3-2 which was pretty lucky :hmmm: Just like the USA had they got a goal like at the end of the game to win. I'm sorry Adri that your team lost. =/

Reactions: Rey
KEISUKE HONDA YOU BEAUTIFUL MAN.

and to think we were going to sack Okada just a month ago. Best performance in years. We officially have a new star to replace Nakata.

Japan were very good against Denmark. They showed desire to keep the ball, and were efficient all round. It'll be a good game between them and Paraguay, I reckon if they play the way they have over the last few games then Japan can just sneak it.

I was very impressed by Japan. It'll be a close match between them and Paraguay. I thought they're 3rd goal was the best and the second free kick was better than the first. Yeah it was a long way out, but Sorensen made a mistake by being outsmarted by a virtually straight shot.

Well, they got a goal toward the end of the game to make it 3-2 which was pretty lucky :hmmm: Just like the USA had they got a goal like at the end of the game to win. I'm sorry Adri that your team lost. =/

Kaylee its not your fault :gasp: My teeeeeeeeeeeeeam lost because they just dint play good overall as a team. And to see how serious Cannavaro was at the start. They still lost its ok though. In other news Slovakia got really mad when we scored. they unched us I Think :sad3: Ugh 2014 I guess then.

Japan played good against denmark. So ill root for Japan now since I like them.

The Dоctor;760624 said:
I've got full faith England can beat Germany. Germany have only really been the force they usually are in the Australia match, and England will be on a confidence high after yesterday's performance. My only worry is that we've never really done that well against bigger teams under Capello.
I agree, Germany weren't particularly amazing in either the Serbia or Ghana matches and we wouldn't leave open anywhere near the amount of space Australia did we just need to be able to keep the ball when needed and present more of an attacking presence. Regardless of having underperformed we've generally been solid at the back since the only goal we conceded was a goalkeeping howler.

Although we would most likely have to beat Argentina and Brazil/Spain. Though they say to be the best you have to beat the best. :dave:

Italy sucked =( moving on.. Japan was well executed today, I had to say Honda was the SEX of the WC. I couldn't have been happier how they pulled the win off.

I agree, Germany weren't particularly amazing in either the Serbia or Ghana matches and we wouldn't leave open anywhere near the amount of space Australia did we just need to be able to keep the ball when needed and present more of an attacking presence. Regardless of having underperformed we've generally been solid at the back since the only goal we conceded was a goalkeeping howler.

Although we would most likely have to beat Argentina and Brazil/Spain. Though they say to be the best you have to beat the best. :dave:

I'm not sure how anyone can say stuff about Germany not being too great in the group stage with a straight face. England weren't particularly amazing in any of their group games either (and were downright awful in one). And though they've let in very few goals, they've only scored two so far in three games, which might be a concern if Rooney's indifferent form continues. I think England might win, but Germany's main trump card is being able to raise their game in major tournaments a lot of the time.

That said, I think if Argentina do await in the quarters, they'll beat either England or Germany.

Last edited:
Quite a day today :ohoho:

I'm surprised Slovakia managed to put three goals past Italy's defense, even if the defending champs were pressing for goals. Italy's elimination, along with France's certainly was a suprise to me but it just shows how an ill prepared team can falter so easily. People underestimated South America at these tournaments but it turns out they've all qualified for the knockout stages thus far. I'm happy Japan made it through. No one thought much of them after a dreadful run of results to the WC but they put on a good performance when it counted, much like Argentina.

Germany against England on Sunday. That should be good. Also looking forward to Portugal vs Brazil tomorrow.

I didnt even watch it, I caught the highlights and lol'd my tits off xD

And I just choked on a chip mid lol......

Also, cracking goal by Japan - cant even rememebr the score, but thqat first goal was cracking all the same

and again lolitaly

I didnt even watch it, I caught the highlights and lol'd my tits off xD

And I just choked on a chip mid lol......

Also, cracking goal by Japan - cant even rememebr the score, but thqat first goal was cracking all the same

and again lolitaly

Kelly england will win :monster: and nice to know you laughed. But they really played bad till the last 20 mins. Marcccccccccccccchetti :rage:

England haven't got an amazing record but you can at least get your facts straight - their record since 1966 is as follows:

1970 - Quarter-finals
1974 - did not qualify
1978 - did not qualify
1982 - 2nd Round
1986 - Quarter-finals
1990 - Semi-finals
1994 - did not qualify
1998 - 2nd Round
2002 - Quarter-finals
2006 - Quarter-finals

So they do get past the group stage a fair few times! I think they might beat Germany, but they might then face Argentina, and that would be a very tough game.

That Italy game went crazy in the last 20 minutes or so - great game in the end, but Italy have been very disappointing in this tournament, they only seemed to come to life when it was too late.

And Japan 2-0 up! Two great free kicks from them.
:hmmm: For some reason I said first round rather than Quater finals. No team that with two semi final appearances in 44 years does well against the good teams.

It is true that England haven't really beaten a 'big' side in a knockout game in a major tournament since 1966 (there have been victories such as over Holland in Euro 1996, Germany in Euro 2000 and Argentina in 2002, but all were group matches), aside from Spain at Euro 1996. That's one obstacle they'll need to overcome, probably more than once in this tournament if they want to win it.

Brazil v Portugal was desperately disappointing today, two teams who should be capable of much better :(

EDIT:

So the First Round is complete, and the Second Round draw is as follows (paired up with according to who will play who in the quarter-finals):

Uruguay v South Korea
USA v Ghana

England v Germany
Argentina v Mexico

Paraguay v Japan
Spain v Portugal

Netherlands v Slovakia
Brazil v Chile

Last edited:
The Portugal and Brazil match was very boring. I can definitely see Brazil aren't the team they usually are and Portugal was pretty meh. Looking forward to the England and Germany game, though. I hope our hopes have been raised since getting through on Wednesday.

Back