South Africa 2010

I don't follow sports or this. But did American have a team in it? :mokken:

So, does that mean US and England are gone from the matches? :mokken: What was our teams name?

The Dоctor;754991 said:
You were called France.

And no, it's still in the group stage.
No really. The name, man. :mokken:

Coo', will US play again then?

United states and they tied England 1-1 but england wasnt easy, this happened already and they could meet up again,bu watch it engalnd could be a threat.

United states and they tied England 1-1 but england wasnt easy, this happened already and they could meet up again,bu watch it engalnd could be a threat.
Okay.

The Dоctor;754994 said:
Dude, why would America's Soccer team be called "France"? :mokken:

If you're expecting the national teams to be like baseball or basketball teams, then you're wrong. It's not like they have names like the England Eejits or Australian Kangaroos etc.

Some do have nicknames but as far as I'm aware, the American team is called "USA".

If you're expecting the national teams to be like baseball or basketball teams, then you're wrong. It's not like they have names like the England Eejits or Australian Kangaroos etc.
So--teams don't have team names?

The hell's that crap?:gasp:

The Dоctor;754999 said:
I don't know, its just always been that way.
:mokken:

Fine. Don't help the confused girl.

So, soccer teams from the US are nameless. :gasp:

I don't think there's a problem calling a national team by the country it comes from. That's the whole point you see.

EDIT: It isn't nameless. It's called USA.

I don't think there's a problem calling a national team by the country it comes from. That's the whole point you see.

EDIT: It isn't nameless. It's called USA.
Arg. So it's not like how we name Football teams(Mets, Steelers, Giants, etc)

Okay. Thanks for the help. :mokken:

EDIT: Mum just told me the ins and outs.

Go USA <3

Aye. No problem.

---

Two things are annoying me about this World Cup. It seems like some of the teams really don't care about it. Some teams obviously aren't as good but I get the feeling they don't care and I wish some more effort was put in.

Also those vuvuzelas are annoying. I can get used to it but it seems like some of the players are being bothered by it. They could just be being dramatic. I remember reading Evra complained that they distracted France which is obviously a cover up for them being rubbish against Uruguay.

I seriously doubt the players don't care, going to the World Cup is usually a dream come true, especially from players from the smaller countries. And after going to all the trouble to qualify I imagine they would care anyway!

Two things are annoying me about this World Cup. It seems like some of the teams really don't care about it. Some teams obviously aren't as good but I get the feeling they don't care and I wish some more effort was put in.

I don't think it's that they don't care, I think it's more that it's the first game, and they've got a bit of jitters. Once the second games start rolling around, I think you'll see a fair amount of improvement overall.

Any comments on vuvuzelas?

And in regards to Americans overrating their squad...they really dont. I think the comments that have been made so far are spot on. We have short sparks of great creativity while also seeming a bit hesitant to control the tempo for themselves.

The vuvuzelas aren't bothering me at all. I think it's a bit much that players are resorting to blaming the noise they make on poor performances. They're professionals and should be able to cope in conditions like that. Patrice Evra was essentially blaming the fans for France's poor performance the other night, when it was largely down to Domenech's odd managerial decisions.
I think it's a good thing that so many people are embracing them. I heard a guy say on the radio that it really shows that the World Cup is somewhere totally different, and I had to completely agree with him. If people are going to complain about things like this, why host the tournament in a different nation every time round? The spirit of the World Cup is supporting football in the local way, and that's all the fans are doing.

Back