Sphere Grid vs. Level Up

What do you prefer

• Total voters
I prefer the sphere grid. It was more simple and you could choose where you wanted to go.

I would much rather have the level up system. Cause the sphere grid was too much work, but think about it....the sphere grid is almost like the level up system. You still have to get exp before you can move your characters position in the sphere grid, plus you have to have the spheres in order to learn an ability.

while i prefer the leveling system

i did miss the versatility of the grid system

i was with Yuna for example a Black Mage/Summoner "hybrid" with some White Mage skills, whereas i'm now just either a Gunner or a Dark Knight, and in worst case i also have maxed out White Mage skills on her

however... i'd like it most if it was possible to have a leveling system and the combination of 2 dress spheres, like in the MMO, you can choose a primary and a secondary class...

to me, it's even, i liked both systems

The sphere grid rulez, i loved it, from the minute it explained it to me i was so insanely exited its not even funny, the sphere grid was the best system ive ever seen in any rpg, the options were so varied that you could do so many different things with your characters, and at the same time it added a sence of the job system, considering that all the same types of abilitys were in the same general area, allowing you to "change" jobs however it was difficult, but it gave a much hightend sence of control over your characters progression, also as you lvled it added a sence of achievment because you are accually able to see what your characters are getting, i would love to see another FF with the sphere only bigger and badder than before, however i dont think it should replace the systems in the coming FFs.

I kind of liked the sphere grid abit more. It gave me the choice of "buliding your character the way you wanted". Though the level up system is old school and everybody is used to it. If there was going to be a X-3, I hope a grid system is in it (what are the chances though....?).

I kind of liked the sphere grid abit more. It gave me the choice of "buliding your character the way you wanted". Though the level up system is old school and everybody is used to it. If there was going to be a X-3, I hope a grid system is in it (what are the chances though....?).

not likely, i don't know about X-3, but if there is i'm going to agree with you about the part about it being a grid system rather then a level one

I love the level system. Seems more FF to me. But then again, a new change won't hurt either. But I personally prefer the level system best.

the sphere grid seems more customisable to me although lving up seems more ff to me so i pick lving up

Well, levelling up seems more traditional for an RPG but I think that the sphere grid is better because it doesn't get boring. Leveling up got a bit whatever for me. I was just waiting for all that experience and stuff. It's not like Pokemon where you're rewarded for your levelling up with new moves or skills. The Sphere Grid spurred you on; you're travelling along trying to get all the skills and the HP plus and stuff. It was a nice change to the way you developed your characters and I like it more.

I liked the sphere grid, but i think that it is only applicable to FFX. If it was in any of the other final fantasy it would be annoying. I would say i prefer the level up system to the sphere grid, but i think they should of kept the Sphere Grid for X-2.

I liked the sphere grid, but i think that it is only applicable to FFX. If it was in any of the other final fantasy it would be annoying. I would say i prefer the level up system to the sphere grid, but i think they should of kept the Sphere Grid for X-2.

yeah i agree, i started playing FFX-2 then i saw no sphere grid, and was like WTF, but then i still want that sphere grid back

i prefer both in one game sort of like they done with ff12 i found it better than both of them but if we couldent have linence and level i would have to pick leveing up its just classic FF :P

I liked both methods. Each fit into their own respective game nicely. The Sphere Grid was a nice way to kind of sneak away from the habit of Leveling for a while, but we all know the heart of the series is the Leveling up method.

With that said, for FFX, Sphere Grib took the cake. For FFX-2 Leveling up was alright.

I really like the level up since u don't have to keep on getting more and more spheres that was really anoying and on the level up all u need to do is get Exp

Back