Sphere Grid vs. Level Up

What do you prefer

• Total voters
the sphere grids easy too all you do is gain sphere levels to move spots on the grid, and use certain spheres to unlock certain nodes. i understood it after gaining a few levels the first time i played it. i though it was definitely unique and allowed you to customize your characters the way you wanted to a lot more and was much better then random stat increases.

I would probably prefer the Level up system but with something like the Sphere Grid/License Board for gaining extra abilities, stats etc. Mainly because the Level system can easily give you a good indication of how good you are or appropriately levelled for the current area. If someone was asking for help in the Help Booth about fighting a boss, it makes it easy just to say "My party's at level 18" which could make it easier to give that person tips on how to proceed. Basically I would like both. Levelling to basically to help guide me through the game and Sphere Grids/License Board types for added stats and abilities but between the both I would go for level up system.

I prefer the leveling up system, I mean in the Sphere Grid your character only learned 1 thing per level. I just didn't like in FFX-2 that even if you reached level 99, your health would not be 9999 HP. I didn't mind that though.

I definitely enjoyed the sphere grid, as it gave the player so many more options to customize each character. You could have Auron casting Flare or Yuna swinging away for 1000s of damage. It was really amusing and a great alternative from the traditional level up system.

Back