[V5] What are you currently listening to?

Chiddy Bang - Opposite of Adults.

10,000 times better than Kids by MGMT. Severly makes me miss being in school and it's somewhat nostalgic. And yet, it has nothing to do with us, yet you feel that way. It's awesome. Though I bet no one will give a shit about this song in a years time. Probably even now.

10/10

The Fear - Lily Allen

I forgot that I liked Lily Allen, but a friend was talking about her while watching Glee before, and she went to download this song and I demanded it. It's just really upbeat and happy sounding in the beat, even if it's not alllllllllllll happy as far as lyrics go. It's something I can just put on repeat and leave on as background noise without having to concentrate, it's lovely.

8/10

The Saturdays - Missing You

It's quite a lovely song, probably my new favourite among theirs that I like. It's nice to see that the girls are getting their own little solos. The chorus is beautifully sung and the music in the bacground just makes it even more fantastic. It's got this kind of Ibiza sound to it towards the end, which makes it sound appealing.

10/10

Billy Joel - Miami 2017

My favourite track by Billy Joel. The Intro and Outro are just epic and it really makes the song what it is in all honesty. I am actually surprised he is still around. He must be quite old by now too. Still, one of the greats.

7/10

Ne-Yo - Beautiful Monster

I'm really loving this song ever since I first heard it. The music and even Ne-Yo's voice is captivating me. In fact, I think it's his best song since Closer and it's been a long time since I've been able to sit down and listen to him. I like the evident meaning of the song itself and how he doesn't mind she's a beautiful monster.

10/10

Flogging Molly - If I ever leave this world
Just a pretty song with a great meaning behind it. I love this band's uniqueness. They're so awesome, from their instruments to his voice.

Leona Lewis - My Hands

I don't care if some people don't like it because it's the theme song to FFXIII, but I really adore this song. No one's opinion could sway my opinion of this incredible piece of music. I love it especially from the first chorus when the song picks up and Leona has one of the best voices in the music industry right now in my honest opinion.

10/10

Malcolm Mclaren - "About Her"

Just a really really awesomely unique song. It's grungy sound is so outstanding it's hard to deny it's kick assness. I love the lyrics and the way his bored, dry voice sings along with the shaky female voice. The orchestral background really clashes with the dark modern feel. It's just a great song and it really inspires me.

The Saturdays - Ego

A very, very fun song to kick back and relax to. I like how it bashes men with big egos, it's rare in itself. I love how each of the girls gets their own little solo part and makes it their own. I love the bridge towards the end, it's probably the best part for me. It's definitely one of my favourites from their last album.

10/10

Hanz Zimmer - Black Hawk Down Theme song
My love for Hanz Zimmer and his beautifully unique music is one of my most evident loves for a musical composer there can be. He's got so much talent... his music...how he composes his songs is so...beautiful. He's got such a wide variety in styles. I can go on and on about why he's so talented but, that'd take a while.

In this song the female singer is Lisa Gerrard and she's got such a heartbreakingly beautiful voice.

Lyrics:

Gortozet 'm eus, gortozet pell
E skeud teñval tourioù gell
E skeud teñval tourioù gell
E skeud teñval an tourioù glav
C'hwi am gwelo 'c'hortoz atav
C'hwi am gwelo 'c'hortoz atav

Un deiz a vo 'teuio en-dro
Dreist ar maezioù, dreist ar morioù
'Teuio en-dro an avel c'hlas
Da analañ va c'halon c'hloaz't

Kaset e vin diouzh e alan
Pell gant ar red, hervez 'deus c'hoant
Hervez 'deus c'hoant pell eus ar bed
Etre ar mor hag ar stered

English translation

I waited, waited for a long time
In the dark shadow of brown towers
In the dark shadow of brown towers
In the dark shadow of rain towers
You will see me waiting forever
You will see me waiting forever

One day it will come back
Over the lands, over the seas
Will come back the green wind
And bring with it my wounded heart

I will be pulled away by its breath
Far away by its stream, wherever it wishes
Wherever it wishes, far away from this world
Between the sea and the stars

As Dust Dances - Biffy Clyro

Just a nice song to chill out to. Lyrics are nice, and the music towards to end is gorgeous. Very haunting sounding, it just sounds awesome.

The piano sounds gorgeous. ^^

8.5/10

Please remember that this is a post count section, and you are encouraged to elaborate on your posts.

Gold Dust Woman - Fleetwood Mac

I can't stop listening to this song lately, I keep finding myself hitting repeat over and over again. The lyrics are really great, and I love how they both tackle her cocaine abuse, and attack her ex. Stunning vocal performance by Stevie, and the harmonies on the chorus are brilliant, the music throughout is really good too, I love the drums and the way the guitar sounds almost middle-eastern. It's a really powerful song, and one of my all time favourites.

Ray Parker Jr - Ghostbusters

<3 It's like...one of the greatest theme songs of all time, if not the best. Amazing. And the 118 spin on it just cracks me up every time. Amazing films and an even better theme.

The Veronicas - Untouched

Not heard this song in a good long while. I love these two girls when they're together singing. This is the first piece of music I'd ever heard from them and still my firm favourite. I absolutely love how they mix rock and classic in this. It's unusual, but it works very well.

10/10

3OH!3 - I know how to say

10/10

It's off their album Streets of Gold, which I absolutely love, despite it getting quite a few bad reviews. Their songs are so catchy (including this one!) and they get stuck in my head... which is kind of annoying, but I still love them.

Basshunter - Russian Privjet

Really love this song. Such a catchy club tune. One of those ones that gets everybody moving, even if they claim that they hate it. I have to be honest, as unfashionable as Basshunter is, I adore his work =D

7/10

Alexandra Burke Feat. Pitbull - All Night Long

I'm starting to like this version to the original a bit more just recently. I'm still not happy with Pitbull's part, but I think he's produced the song a whole lot better than the first version. Alexandra's voice is quite amazing here, it just shows she can do more than just ballads.

10/10

MGMT - Kids.

I think there is something wrong with you if you don't like this song. Not the greatest of bands, and definately a very poor album, but the track itself is certainly wonderful and refreshing to listen to. Though besides this, Time to Pretend is really the only other recognisable work.

Track: 8/10
Album: 4/10
Band: 3/10

Back