[V5] What are you currently listening to?

Nice! MGMT is a pretty beast band.

Flash Delirium - MGMT

It also helps that I love the originality and surrealistic aspects of these videos that the guys star in, it just adds to the funky appeal of their weirdness. They dare to be different, I become drawn to a lot of artists like that. It's not as crazy and Studio 54-esque as say 'Electric Feel', it reminds me of the 50's with a dash of the 70's for some reason, this song I mean. But it's still fun, fresh, and distinctly MGMT and that's more than alright with me. You've got to love them for trying to put themselves out there for everyone to see, shit takes guts.

10/10

Faderhead - Dirtygrrrls/Dirtybois

Complete floor killer. I can't describe to you how amazing this song is. Especially when it hits the dancefloor. Can't wait to see this guy in the future. Have a sneaky feeling that he'll be the next big sensation in the underground...though really he already is.

Brandon Flowers - Crossfire

I was a little dubious with the idea of The Killers' frontman deciding to temporarily go solo during the band's hiatus, but I guess that after hearing this song I needn't be. Flowers's voice really shines here - as usual of course - and accompanied with a lovely melody makes this a really beautiful song to listen to. The video itself rather amused me a bit - especially with the fact that the ninjas are owned.

10/10

CheVelle - Until You're Reformed

A great CheVelle song--one of my favorites. I love Sam's drumming in this song, it's heavy and deep. Pete's voice is PERFECT! I love how he's singing every word as if it's a whisper. The Guitar and bass are a really really heavy touch to the song and just gives it that great vibe.

My favorite part in the song is when the drums are going really fast while repeating the same notes for about 30 seconds. It's awesome.

3OH!3 ft. Ke$ha - My First Kiss

7/10

I really, really didn't like this song the first time I heard it - mainly because I can't stand Ke$ha and was disappointed that 3OH!3 had decided to collaborate with her.
But now, it's really grown and me and since it's such a catchy song, it's completely stuck in my head and I can't help but like it. 3OH!3's new album is brilliant.

Bullet For My Valentine - Fever
Amazing song all over no matter whether you like them or not :P

Mountains - Biffy Clyro

I remember how when I first got this song I didn't really like it, and it was definitely not on my top favourites. Now, it's definitely at the top with a few other Biffy songs I'm in love with. It's just such an amazing song. This band has a great talent of writing lyrics, lyrics that aren't your usual "I love you more than anything" no. You are my mountain. You are my sea.

His accent is amazing as well. :ryan:

They all look so passionate about their music. Which is a definite plus too.

Took a bite out of a mountain range,
Thought my teeth would break the mountain did.
Lets go, I want to go all the way to the horizon.

I took a drink out of the ocean and,
I'm treading water there before I drown.
Lets dive, I want to dive to the bottom of the ocean.
I took a ride, I took a ride, I wouldn't go there without you.
Lets take a ride, we'll take a ride. I wouldn't leave here without you.

I am a mountain, I am the sea, you can't take that away from me.

'Cause you tear us apart, with all the things you don't like.
You can't understand that I won't leave 'til we're finished here, and then you'll find out where it all went wrong.

I wrote a note to the jungle and it wrote me back that I was never crowned king of the jungle, so there's and end to my horizon.
I took a ride, I took a ride. I wouldn't go there without you.
Lets take a ride, we'll take a ride. I wouldn't leave here without you.

I am a mountain, I am the sea.

'Cause you tear us apart, with all the things you don't like.
You can't understand that I won't leave 'til we're finished here, and then you'll find out where it all went wrong.

Nothing lasts forever, except you and me. (You are my mountain, you are my sea)
Love will last forever, between you and me.(You are my mountain, you are my sea)

I am a mountain, I am the sea.
I am a mountain, I am the sea...
♪​

Sublime - Pawn Shop

Rating 9/10

A Oldy yet goody goody. I miss this band with a passion, back in the day I used to jam out to this band probably every day for a good year. Ahhh... memories.

Down there at the pawn shop it's only way to shop
down there at the pawn shop if it's not in stone
down there at the pawn shop at no end, no way to shop

down there at the pawn shop what has been told
albino made of stone just remember that it's flesh and bone

so, why I'm down here at the pawn shop
down here at the pawn shop..down here at the pawn shop..down here at the pawn shop
what has been sold, not strictly made of stone
just remember that it's flesh and bone

and I have heard, light like a bird yeah
but just remember that it's flesh and bone
so why I'm down here at the pawn shop..down here at the pawn shop

Go!...right!...huh that's right

down here at the pawn shop it's a nifty way to shop
down here at the pawn shop it's another sold
down here at the pawn shop what has been sold
not strictly made of stone just remember that it's flesh and bone

what has been sold not strictly sold please remember that it's flesh and bone
down here at the pawn shop..down here at the pawn shop

down here at the pawn shop..down here at the pawn shop-yop-yop
hu ooh go! see......

Back in Black -- AC/DC

What can I say? This is a classic and this band kicked ass back in their heyday. Pure gritty rock n' roll just how I like it. God, this makes me want to pull off a 'Risky Business' type deal, I'm all prepped for it anyway, lmao.

10/10 because it's epic, duh.

Ten - Jimmy Eat World

I love this song... The lyrics are amazing. The backing vocals are catchy as hell, and I just think the whole songs is absolutely amazing. If you actually take time to listen to this song, it's just... :gonk: Did I say it was amazing? One of my favourite Jimmy Eat World songs these days... This band is pure amazingness.

Meet me with a way out through the lies...
The feelings change so fast... Safety scares them away... <3

We left behind the busy crowd.
So it seems we slowed down.
Meet me with a way out through the lies.
Nowhere, going nowhere, in the fake yellow light.
Blame no one
Blame no one

The feelings change so fast.
Safety scares them away.
I can't bring myself to say it's my own advice I need.
Nowhere and then nowhere.
Living trapped inside the chase.
Blame no one
Blame no one
would you look in my eyes and
Blame no one
Blame no one

Our weakness is the same.
We need poison sometimes.
Our weakness is the same.
we need poison sometimes.
So take another drink with me.
Blame no one.
Blame no one.
could you Look in my eyes and blame no one.
Blame no one
Blame no one...
♪​

Hydrophone Breakdown (Secret of the Deep Sea)
by JigginJonT
on Disk 4
from Voices of the LifeStream FFVII Remix soundtrack.

********** 9/10 stars.
Would get the last one if i could put it on repeat for HOURS. :) but VERY few songs allow me to do that. and the ending could have been a slight bit better.

Laakso - Norrköping

This song always makes me smile. they remind me of Jimmy Eat World a little bit, but I certainly prefer them. Always cool to hear a song about the town you live in. When I think about it, I've had one for 3 cities I've lived in, but I guess there's millions of songs out there about towns and so on.

The piano gives me goosebumps in this track. Markus Krunegård's voice is just unbelievable, though I don't know if his Solo Swedish stuff is better than his band singing in English. I think people should check this track out. You wouldn't regret it.

9/10

Eminem - 25 to life

Rating: 10/10

Such powerful lyrics, and angst behind it. He's back I guess... yet I've been here, so I can feel these lyrics and bob my head, the past is the past.

3OH!3 - Déja Vu

9/10

Once again, another song off their new album thats stuck in my head :dave:
This is my favourite one off the album and once again, it's so catchy. And I just love the lyrics to it as well :ryan:

"These girls are trying to graduate from school, Lu."

"F'n F up!"

Dumb it Down -- Lupe Fiasco

This guy is a lyrical beast, the first few verses are just dope. He really knows how to lay down a metaphor and twist it into the concept of his song. This one's about the mainstream media and how they insist that rappers "dumb it down" for the general public. "Them big words ain't cool, n----." -- Self explanatory, they don't want any intellectual stimulation on our part, they want consumers to buy the mainstream products: Lil' Wayne, 50 Cent, etc. They could care less about guys like Lupe trying to change the game and plug in some common sense into our skulls.

Honest shit has never been put down like this. It goes hard: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1Et1siZhTk

A billion/10

Lupe just slays.

10 Years - Fault Line
I love this band's style. They don't get any love but they totally deserve it. Their lyrics are always really deep and meaningful to figure out. They're just a great Alt/hard rock band that I think really stays true to what rock music is all about.

Rihanna-Rockstar 101 (Chew Fu Teachers Pet Fix)

10/10. I confess I haven't always been one of the biggest fans of Rihanna, but when Chew Fu remixes her songs its like heaven, I love it. This song has a dirty beat that you can really grind along to at a club and is much better than the slower original.

Human Nature -- Michael Jackson

By far, one of my favorite songs from him. Ever. Period.
It's really a beautiful piece and I just love that part at around 3:44 it's just beautiful. The guy's got a heavenly voice, especially here. Wow . . .

Ayreon- Truth is out there.

Amazing song. Listened to it many times after I heard it for the first time. I took a break for a long time and now listen it again. The music is amazing and the female vocals is so beautiful. The second voice parts are great and I especially love the part when they all sing at the same time a part. <3 I rate it a 9/10

I Will Always Love You -- Whitney Houston

This song really makes me miss my childhood. I remember watching 'The Bodyguard' countless times with my older cousin when I was little (like around 8 or 10 years old). Good times, good innocent times. *sniffs* Whitney's in prime condition here, her voice is pure gold, she hits those high notes flawlessly like at around the 3:50 mark of the track. Too bad drugs and stuff screwed up her vocal chords, she had a beautiful voice. Ah well. Her time's gone now I suppose. :(

Back