[V5] What are you currently listening to?

Like, OMG! Best I get that shit soon, but it's fine. Just a sexy band. I am so eclecticz.

Iris - Appetite

I swear they have just stopped existing. They released an EP for un "upcoming" album like...4 years ago. Really pissed me off because I've bought everything else so I feel like I need to get this new album to be complete and it just doesn't exist. Appetite is a wonderful track though, I think it's been in a few movies too. Rather...romantic I suppose. My favourite by them too I think.

9/10

Velvet Acid Christ - Pretty Toy

King of Dark Ambient. I have no idea how he makes this music so spooky yet still somewhat relaxing and easilly listening. A talented musician, but certainly his songs and lyrics are a bit of a mindfuck and this video terrifies me too. Great track though.

10/10

Green day - Last of the american girls

The song is awsome to me because in the music video they showe theyr appinnion, and theyr appinnion is uniqe but not to to to to... I dont know ow to say it. But the song is uniqe.

Spaceman - The Killers

I'm not sure what it is about the style, but I've found myself really getting into whatever seems to be constituting "alternative" right now (The Killers, Rise Against, The Offspring, Disturbed, etc.)

Now I realize some might split those off into punk, alternative, rock, etc., and I admit Disturbed feels like the odd one out there, but there's something in the style of all the above mentioned and others that I find...connecting (best word I can think of.)

MGMT- Electric Feel

10/10...I had this song on replay for half hour intervals when I first came across it. It has that "vibe" that you get when you listen to their music...because its really different than a lot of the commercial stuff on the radio and its a feel good song. Its about love and the way the girl in this song makes him feel- "Plug it in and change the world...you are my electric girl" <3

Silent Night - Chuck Billy

Okay, so I misclicked on my mediaplayer and ended up on the Christmas playlist. It got me feeling a little sad and horribly nostalgic for the holiday and all that surrounds it, and I had to click to something on it that was more lulz than fuzzies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfA3B5qTu4g

See what I mean?

Anyway, I'm a serious Christmas nut, especially where the music is concerned. I go from listening to stuff like Nightwish, Ozzy, Alice Cooper, Queen, Sonata Arctica and the like...

...and listen mainly to Bing Crosby, John Denver, Perry Como, Johnny Mathis, Andy Williams...all the oldies types. To be honest; the music is probably my favorite part of the celebrations :)

(Props if you know who any of the above singers are.)

eminem- Ken Kaniff skit off Slim Shady lp.

10/10 for a skit. Its my all time favorite and i actually used to well still do a ken kaniff voice and my boss calls me by ken kaniff..

Somebody To Love - Boogie Pimps

This is both a bastardization of a great song, and a really compelling remix. I'm not sure if I love it or hate it. On one hand, it's so different from the original, it's awful. On the other hand, it's ridiculously catchy. I prefer the original though, Grace Slick does it best.

Velvet Acid Christ - Phucking Phreak

This song somehwat terrifies me to be honest. It shouldn't be a danceable tune, yet it is. And then it is even more depressing to see people like....moving to this kind of music. Love the lyrics though. Espedcially seeing as they added anything famous from Se7en <3. I think this is why I love VAC, because he just adds in so many film quotes and what not and it just makes the track come together. But a lot of them are disturbing. Gotta love politcal lyrics.

You phucking phreak! Shut your phucking mouth!

Gackt - Vanilla

I adore this song, and I have for a while. I remember looking up the English translation of the lyrics and having a good laugh at them. They're more than a bit rude, but I love the song :dave:
I regret not being able to see him live, he played in London a couple of weeks ago, but I didn't have the money since I'd already paid for the Dir en grey gig. Ah well.

B. E. A. T. -- Five Deez feat. fat Jon

The beat's funk and chill, one of those 'kick back and lounge' type beats that you can nod your head to. Five Deez slams it with their lyrical supremacy and it's just feel good all around. Gives me a nice fuzzy feeling.

Eyeshine - Alone.

10/10

I love this song! I can't stop listening to it, I listen it every day a few times.
This is the only song I like from this band though, this one only appeals. But yay, Johnny Yong Bosch has just such a sexy voice x.x I love the music on the background too, how it builds up.

The (Shipped) Gold Standard - Fall Out Boy

Fall Out Boy The chorus is a killer and the best part of the whole song. xD I love the first part of the chorus. :gonk: It's awesome! "You can only blame your problems on the world for so long, before it all becomes the same old song." So true, yet it's put way more awesomely, than saying it's becoming the same old story. Great band, awesome song. :ryan:

9/10

Muse - Supermassive Black Hole

Well... its just awesome xD I bought this cd just yesterday and I've probably listened to this song like... 15 times o.o The guitar work (me being a guitarist and all) has a groove that I just love, along with the vocals, they're just catchy lol All in all a great song, I'm probably not the first to have heard it. 10/10

Reactions: L
Muse - Starlight

But ya, that is Muse for you. Matthew is so passionate in his music, it is difficult not to love them.

we love dom and chris too, but matt is a crazy bastard :awesome:

Still love all of their tracks. :monster:

Mr. Mister-Don't Slow Down

I have heard many people say that Mr. Mister's biggest hit, Broken Wings, was the worst song of the 80's, but I loved that song. I was a little disappointed, however, that this song was not their biggest hit because it is an awesome song. It is simplistic in nature keeping to a simple beat, tempo, time signature, and style, but it sounds extremely complex. It always makes me feel good when I hear this song and I love performing it. I would have to say that this is my third favorite song of all time. My favorites above that are Mr. Roboto and Scatman.

"You're my sunshine . . ."

SUNSHINE - Lupe Fiasco

Gotta have a good listen to my Chicago cat right here. I've been on a Lupe Fiasco high since I was . . . a junior in ye olde high school. What can I say that hasn't already been said? Clear cut metaphorical flow, poetic lyricism, a chillaxed beat, awesome record scratches, and a clear appreciation for female beauties that walk the Earth. Do I love Lupe? Oh yes, yes I do. Is hip hop dead? Nope, it just got a fucking resurrection though. Should I listen to him, sneaker pimp? Yes, yes you should 'specially if you're a fan of hip hop. The beat isn't bass popping, there's no vocoder to lace his words with metallic electronic after bits, it's just Lupe using his voice as a tool to craft some epic poetic verses, like a true emcee and hip hop artist should.

Back