[V5] What are you currently listening to?

Muse - Hysteria

Even after years of listening to this song, it's still like jizzing in my pants every time I listen to it. Was actually the first song I listened to by Muse and got me hooked

blessed be you david pooley (aka poo boy :monster:) :elmo:

Two steps from hell - The ancients

I'm dying here. I love it so much. This group is my fave now, I can't stop listening to it. The choir is amazing, the music, there isn't anything negative to say. Yeah okay two albums only have horror music, but other than that. wow

10./10

Kings and Queens - 30 Seconds to Mars

UGH ♥
I remember first listening to this in a Sunkist commercial, and I thought it sounded like the most adventurous (yes, adventurous!) song ever. When i found it, I downloaded it right away and I listened to it for like an hour. I just love his voice, and for some reason, this song just makes me feel determined. It just does. :P

Dust in the Wind -- Kansas

Calming, harmonizing vocals, and gentle guitar riffs to carry you through the night.

"All we are is dust in the wind . . ."

Kansas is right, life if fleeting, so make the most of it. As sad as the song is, as remorseful as the tone of it is, it still instills that hope in you: to live it up today as if it were your last day alive. Classic.

Dust in the Wind -- Kansas

Calming, harmonizing vocals, and gentle guitar riffs to carry you through the night.

"All we are is dust in the wind . . ."

Kansas is right, life if fleeting, so make the most of it. As sad as the song is, as remorseful as the tone of it is, it still instills that hope in you: to live it up today as if it were your last day alive. Classic.

You are my hero now <3 I love that song. Reminds me of Old School. "You're my boy blue! You're my boy!"

CAKE - Short Skirt/Long Jacket

I am sure a few will recognise it? It's the intro theme to Chuck too. Amazing show and worked perfectly with it too. I love the song too. The vocals have never really impressed me, but he's not really supposed to be singing I suppose. Would sound a bit shit if he burst out into song. The song itself though is wonderful. Especially with the hint of Ska in this band. Love them.

8/10

Dir en grey - Glass Skin

10/10

I adore this band, and the lyrics to this song are beautiful (even if they're hard to understand, despite being sung in English, because of Kyo's heavy accent)
I'm off to see them next week as well, so I'm just listening to some of their tracks and getting myself ready for the gig :ryan:

CAKE - Short Skirt/Long Jacket

I am sure a few will recognise it? It's the intro theme to Chuck too. Amazing show and worked perfectly with it too. I love the song too. The vocals have never really impressed me, but he's not really supposed to be singing I suppose. Would sound a bit shit if he burst out into song. The song itself though is wonderful. Especially with the hint of Ska in this band. Love them.

8/10

If you liked that, you may like Rock'n Roll Lifestyle, by the same band.

Nirvana - Rape Me

Kurt Cobain is really the only person who could write a song about how awesome terrorists are and how 9/11 is the Highlight of USA's history and make you not care. :monster:

i.e, like how the people Arctic Monkeys bash in that one song (A Certain Romance, I think.) listen to that song and like it.

I will most certainly check it out. Thank you.

Bassmonkeys & Soulshaker ft. JD Rox - Bad 4 My Health

Oh my God! I was bored on Spotify this morning and somehow discovered this pearl. Though I don't think I will love it for much longer it was certainly a fun waste of 3 minutes of my life. Give it a try once or twice, then forget all about I think.

5/10 but still worth a listen methinks.

Devil may cry remixes.
This one is called the Revanchist from Skynet2005.

I'm glad I found this guy's youtube account, his mixing is brilliant and he made a whole fanalbum. He mixed part from songs from all the devil may cry's together in one.
I rate this one a 9/10.

~Dance in the Dark-Gaga~ ~8/10~

This song is definatly not the best but i still love this song and its just so cooleo and it sounds really retro to me :x3:

Dir en grey - Mask

10/10

My favourite Dir en grey song ever :ryan: Unfortunately, it's one of their oldest songs... 1997 I think it's from, so they won't be playing it at their show next week. It's old style Dir en grey as well, sounds a bit different to what they do now, but I love both eras.
It's a political song, sung entirely in Japanese... but it's so catchy :ryan:

Daft Punk - Discovery

10/10

Put simply, this is one of the albums that got me into music. It's dance music at its best, distilled down to its best elements. The first 20 minutes or so are insanely good, the pace just doesn't let up. They even make air guitars sound good! Brilliant, brilliant album. And the animated film Interstella 5555 which uses it as a soundtrack is great too.

Aw thanks for the posi-rep, Ipsen. ^_^
And yeah I'm an old soul, I love classic rock a lot amongst other genres, I've been into it since I was in middle school.

Erykah Badu -- Windowseat

As a kid growing up in Brooklyn, I remember listening to my mom's stereo blaring out Erykah Badu and Jill Scott. She'd occasionally put on some Boys II Men, Whitney Houston, and Toni Braxton. It was all 90's soul and some funk. Later on it would be Earth, Wind, and Fire and some Maxwell.

Anyway Erykah Badu always struck me as being one of those eccentric songwriters/singers that didn't care about what anyone thought of her idiosyncrasies and her unique sense of style. She dressed however she wanted to, wrapping her dreads in these crazy Afrocentric head-dresses and she'd rock that stage. 'Windowseat' is an ode to free speech, borrowing elements from George Orwell's '1983' and shot on location where J.F.K. got shot, the video and the song itself carries a strong statement: the people who speak for themselves, think for themselves and they're the ones that normally get shot down the most.

Food for thought, Erykah brings that to the table every time.

10/10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4E9hTz0lPBQ

Muscle Museum [Acoustic] - Muse
I've only got a really crap quality version of it, but it's still really good. Probably one of their most underrated songs, and one of the best live too.

Goo Goo Dolls - Slide

Another one of those bands that just scream passion in all of their music. Goo Goo Dolls are probably the band that got me stuck with rock, they are pretty amazing.

It is pretty annoying that I don't have the patience to bother learning how to play the song either because the guitarist always has his guitar in such awkward tuning for some of their best songs :monster:

Leaving the Past -- Immortal Technique

His flow is crazy, he's up there with MF Doom, thought not as close, Doom along with Rakim is far more superior, specifically in terms of experience. Still this guy is fluid, he's gone and going with it. He'll become classic in a couple more years in my book. A friend of mine who's heavy (even more than I am o_O) into hip hop put me on to this guy and I've trusted his ear and judgment on what's 'hot' and what's 'wack' ever since (secondary only to a few other peeps' opinions ofc, mine included). But yeah this song is about the US and racism and stuff, that's real talk right there, real heavy talk. I love political and intellectual stuff like that, he puts it down.

-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jjp8yuEBjxs&feature=related-

Girugämesh - Break Down

Just some J-rock but I can't stop listening to them. Completely badass riffs and what not. Not too fond of Asian Rock music on the whole, but I think these guys stand on top of all the others in my eyes. though I wont lie, they do make some awesome music. Perhaps a bit heavier than I first thought though-

6/10

Closer -- Slum Village

"Can we get closer?"

This is the sort of track you can dance to, whether you're on a beautiful island at a nightclub or just chilling at home, the beat is so chill. The flow of these guys is on point, it just slips through with the beat. And the bass . . . is pumping. Love this song. Love it, love it, love it. It's super sexy.

I can't rep you again, Mase :rage: I haven't repped anyone since I repped you the other day.
Anyway, Girugamesh rock and you deserve rep for that :mokken:

Dir en grey - Dozing Green

10/10

One of my favourites of their newer songs. Still getting in the mood for the gig on Tuesday :awesome:
I don't think this'll be in their set, but it'd be awesome if it was. It's one of their less-heavy tracks, which I like. Don't get me wrong, I like their heavy stuff, but I prefer Kyo's singing to his screaming.

Back