[V5] What are you currently listening to?

Peter Gabriel - Sledgehammer.

One of his funkier solo songs.

It isn't an absolute favourite but I do like it a lot. Especially when you realise that the lyrics are full of innuendo. Regardless of that, it isn't a bad song.

The King will come - Wishbone Ash
The song is, for the most part an instrumental. There are a couple of quite short verses, the opening riff is sublime. Having two lead guitarists means the song has a lot of great guitar music in it. It's really well sustained too, so instead of having one very intense solo a la Stairway to Heaven, it's far less upbeat, with the two guitarists switching as to who plays lead. Argus is one of the all time great rock albums.

Be My Escape, by Relient K

Amazing song. :gonk: I've had this for over 4 years. The lyrics are amazing. I'm not sure which version I prefer most though, both acoustic and original are drop dead amazing. This band has some amazing stuff, but this has to be one of my favourite songs by them.

♫ I've been housing all this doubt, and insecurity. ♪

Dido - Here With Me

I've always been a big fan of Dido and thought I hadn't listened to any of her stuff lately. This is my most favourite song of hers, joint with White Flag. I've always been tranced by her stuff and how amazing her voice is. I love the chorus, it's very catchy! Even though it's quite an old song, it still sometimes feel relatively new to me.

9/10

Popular Songs - Yo La Tengo

For the last 20 years Yo La Tengo have quietly established themselves as one of the best and most consistent American bands around. The latest album doesn't deviate much from their formula but they're as good as ever, still dabbling in all kinds of songs, and with wonderful male/female shared vocals sometimes. The first couple of songs in particular are excellent. The only real flaw is the sequencing, three very long songs are left for the end of the album and it doesn't flow together very well. It could have done with a bit of shifting tracks around. But otherwise it's more of Yo La Tengo doing what they do best.

Eyerer and Chopstick - Make My Day

I've been listening to this song constantly of late.

I just love the relaxed feeling of it.

The film clip is simply hilarious! The first time I heard of this song I was watching my music DVD and it's about a robot dog. XD

10/10

Fight For This Love - Cheryl Cole

I still maintain that she can't sing, but Robo-Cheryl has a damn catchy chorus. I can't stop repeating it in my head over and over again. It's one of those songs that are so-bad-it's-good. D=

Flo Rida - Right Round

I love this song. <3

It makes me happy and makes me forget the shit day I had. <_<

Anyway.

I actually prefer cover songs by new artists, because even though some old person originally sang it, they never really new how to perfect it. <_<

However in this case, every single person who has sung this has sung it awesome! Marilyn Manson, Flo Rida and the original whose name I forget. XD

10/10

Nightwish - Escapist

Love the lyrics. Every time I listen to this song I imagine myself to a far away place where only happiness exists. Official instrumental version is also lovely.

Jay Sean - Down
Brilliant song to me, I like the true meaning behind it and that his girlfriend should be herself and to trust him and not worry about what he's doing. It just reflects everyday life emotions to people and one that most people will have experienced at some point or another. Plus, he sings it very well vocally, nice beat and I like Lil Wayne's appearence though I don't listen to him.

How Still My Love - Stevie Nicks

I love the Bella Donna album, all the songs on it are brilliant. This is one of those little gems that really appealed to me when I listened to the whole album. I love how it starts of so softly and quietly, and then explodes into a very angry song. I love the lyrics too, it seems like an answer song to Go Your Own Way.

Edguy - New Age Messiah

This is actually the best song ever written, I love the mixture of epic power metal and comedy that they have somehow incorporated into their music.

Muscal Genious in my opinion!

Always Be, by Jimmy Eat World

Amazing song. Upbeat sound with such meaningfull lyrics, that it makes it a rather sad song. :gonk: Listened to this all day, on my way to work, during my break, on my way back home :gasp: It's amazing.

♪ I'm alone in this... I'm all as I've always been, right behind what's happening.
She's all lost in this. She's all like she'll always be... A little far for me to reach...

How you gonna know the feeling till you've lost it...I've been losing plenty since...

You can't keep safe what wants to break... ♫

Ice Cream Paint Job ~ by Dorrough

Just a catchy rap song that I heard in one of my Air Force NCO's cars the other day when we were out and about. Just one of those cruisin' beats ya listen to while you're out driving around and all in a flashy car feel.

Probably a tune that gets old though real fast after ya listen to it every so often though.

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band by The Beatles.

My girlfriend recently bought a bunch of the new remastered Beatles albums, so they've been in heavy rotation around here the last week or so. I was never a huge fan of The Beatles, but they are slowly growing on me. Especially this album and Abbey Road.

Muse - I belong to you/Mon Couer S'ouvre A Toi

Horrendous song title, I well had to keep flicking back to spell it right hahaha. Anyway, I really can't decide what I think of this at all. On one hand I really like it, but it's all that FDrench, or whatever the fuck language it is, not into that shit at all, but inbetween the foreign bits, it's really good :gonk:

I'l give it a 7 for being awkward

Nick Skitz - Slave to the Music

Love this song. <3

It reminds me of when I was younger. Such an old song but still awesome! Love the music the most from this song. There isn't that many lyrics so the music is definitely what makes it brilliant!

Also awesome to listen to when you're on the way home from the pub. XD

10/10

'Weird Al' Yankovic - Eat It!
10/10

It's really, a parody of Michael Jackson's <Beat It>, but wow! Weird Al Yankovic is a genius... The lyrics he substituted into the song fit in perfectly. Not only that, he sang so much like the original! Even the video was hilarious. Job well done.

Third Eye Blind - "Never Let You Go"

Good ol' 90's music. Doesn't get any better than them. xD I love the lyrics, they're strong and realistic. I love the song 'cause it reminds me of certain memories.

Vulnerable, by Secondhand Serenade

Amazing song. Simple, nice tune, and the lyrics I just adore them. It's not really a song with a lot of emotion when you hear it, but when you deepen yourself in the lyrics, -which I am most likely to do- it's an amazingly powerfull song.

And your slowly, shaking fingertips show, that you're scared like me, so, let's pretend we're alone.
And I know you may be scared, and I know we're unprepared, but I don't care.

Tell me tell me what makes you think that you are invincible.
I can see it in your eyes that your so sure, please don't tell me that I am the only one that's vulnerable...

Impossible...

I was born to tell you I love you... Isn't that a song already?
I get a B in originality... And its true I cant go on without you...

Your smile makes me see clearer...
If you could only see in the mirror what I see...

Back