[V5] What are you currently listening to?

Lifehouse - You And Me

One of the best love songs I've ever heard. It's simple and straight to the point of two people in love. I'm glad I downloaded it, but I'm still listening to stuff on YouTube because I can't be arsed to even put it on Windows Media Player. xDD

10/10

Patti Smith - Smells Like Teen Spirit

A really solid cover. Her voice is pretty good in this song and I really like the acoustic guitar and banjo which gives the song a more soothing feel. It's drastically different from Nirvana's version but I think covers should aim to try to be different from the original. All in all a pretty good song.

Muse - Supermassive Black Hole

Practically the only Muse song I listen to and the only one I've heard of so far. Never mind, I'm sure I'll hear more when I can be arsed to. This is so addictive that I can imagine myself strutting down the street to this! xD

10/10

Squeeze Me by Kraak and Smaak

I remember hearing this on a Rhapsody commercial and I fell in love with it right then and there. I just love the beat of the song and the words are so catchy. The video for it is cool too.

The Lonely Island - I Jizzed In My Pants

This song is the funniest song ever. :gonk:

I love the expressions on their faces when they say 'I Jizzed in My Pants.' XD

They're not that bad at stringing a few words together through song surprisingly.

I'm so happy they made this band. XD

10/10

Last edited:
Taio Cruz - Like A Star

There are better songs than this one, but it's still pretty good. He's pretty much one of the best male singers in the UK right now since he's got time to make another album, amidst the rumours he'd been working for other artists such as Leona Lewis. His vocals are spot on and the music is very soothing.

8/10

Leona Lewis - Jacket

It's only a demo, but a very good one at that. The whole slow beat of the song is very dramatic and it's another one of those songs that show Leona is a very good singer, probably the only decent one to ever come out of Xfactor >.> The lyrics are also extremely good :-)

Fall Out Boy - Beat it [Ft. John Mayer]

The first time i heard this was Britain's got Talent (some of the time) and i look for it like crazy over the internet, not thinking that i already had the album which the track was on. Does the late Michael Jackson justice to one of his best songs

Meat is Murder (Live) - The Smiths
The start has sounds that are supposed to come from an abbattoir. Cow's mooing as if they were being killed and the sound of saws. The rest of the song is Morrissey at his best, mournfully singing about animals being killed. Marr et al are good without being noticably great, which is how it should be. Morrissey his usual self and steals all the attention.

Kelly Clarkson - Never Again

This is the kind of song I could scream my heart out to because it's so damn catchy! Wish I could play electric guitar to this because I'd be having a right good time up there. The lyrics are quite meaningful to people who feel they've been betrayed, even though that's only happened very rarely.

10/10

Aqualung - Jethro Tull

The singer was born just down the road from where my Dad comes from. Anyway, these guys have a really unique sound, and I'm not sure everyone likes the singing style but this is just a classic song for me. One of the best IMO.

10/10

Alexandra Burke feat. Flo Rida - Bad Boys

I got hooked on this as soon as I listened to it. Glad that Alexandra's done a different approach as opposed to previous X Factor winners and with Flo Rida, too! Big achievement for this girl, who calls Beyonce as one of her closest friends/mentors. This is going to be a definite hit when it gets in the charts very soon!

10/10

Carrie Underwood - Just A Dream

Lovely Sad song :gonk: I love Carrie underwood but I'm a country gal so maybe I'm biased but this girl can definitely sing and this song is especially sad is sad and quiet but still has a BAM! to it.

10/10

Girls Aloud - Untouchable

The best of their hits they've released so far. Shame they're on a hiatus now, but they're doing solo projects for the time being. Don't understand why this was their raunchiest video ever, yet the lowest charting song they've released. The chorus is damn catchy, love Nadine's strong vocal chords. No wonder she made it through to the group.

10/10

Second Chance ~ by Shinedown

Heard this song numerous times just playin' in friends' cars and on the radio, but never knew it was Shinedown or what it was called until recently. A buddy of mine let me borrow his external hard-drive with over 40GB of music on it so I've been feasting through his stuff to put on my iPod. Great song of course by Shinedown. :busta:

Cheryl Cole - Fight For This Love

The chorus is damn catchy and Mark will agree with me for that, even he calls her a robot lol. I just want to get up and dance to this just like she does! How the heck do you do the hang thing at the end, anyway? Her vocals are pretty decent for her first single and the beats are spot on.

9/10

Jefferson Airplane ~ White Rabbit

I love this song for it beat and what inspired it XD I adore that movie and the books and the Author, very cool song ;))

10/10

The Ting Tings - That's Not My Name

Pretty good song. Admit that I didn't like it at first, but it grew on me and sang it in my friend's face at work just to annoy the hell out of him. She may sound like she's singing, but she and her bandmate have good songs.

9/10

Peaches - The Stranglers
Hugh Cornwell doesn't so much sing this song as talk it, though not in a John Cooper Clarke way. People often compare their sound to the Doors, which is lazy, they both have a keyboardist, but it's a classic new wave song. About going to a beach and looking at 'the peaches'.

Back