[V5] What are you currently listening to?

Jordin Sparks - S.O.S. (Let The Music Play)

Only recently heard this and after a few plays, I'm hopelessly hooked. Didn't think Jordin could do such an upbeat dance song, but I'm glad she did now. It's got a catchy beat and a brilliant chorus. Top marks for Jordin and I do hope she does more hits like this in the future.

10/10

Rhiannon [Live 1976] - Fleetwood Mac

The definitive performance of this song, in my opinion. Stevie's voice sounds fantastic, and I love it when she really rips it apart at the end of the song. The guitar solo is pretty amazing in this version too, it's really disappointing that they don't play it in this arrangement anymore, it's fantastic.

Suteki Da Ne - katethegreat19's cover from youtube

The lyrics to this are just gorgeous, written by TaoJenChan of youtube.. I think.

Angel white of labyrinth blue... do you see me as I see you?
Soft darkened eyes haunted by dreamless sleep..
Is it your ghost I see in the mirror?
Reach out to touch me, dearest dream of mine
Open your eyes, say you're alright
The glass shatters, at the softest touch
Is there a soul beyond the shards?

Warm tears sting my eyes
As all of these memories flood back to me
Reminiscing now the sun will set beyond the cruel mountain range
I'll still be here (It's dark now without your touch)
Back in your heart to be (Sweet... open your eyes)
My existence is not the same...
Without you hereeeeeeeeee

You shut your eyes and gave into that light
A beauty frozen in eternal night
Just when I realized the error of my ways
You slipped between my fingertips
I was a fool
I was stuck in such bliss
Wish I could grant you your first kiss
Sorrow only grows if I try to forget
You're an eternal part of me

A sweet lullaby clasping my fragile heart
And whispering your name
Soft embrace in my sleep
Is this a dream?
Or is this another nightmare of this?

Don't let this go
Wait on the other side
And I will slumber deep
I'll see you soooooooon

(Not sure if my lyrics are right, I typed them along the song while it played xDD)

It's sooo gorgeous, it actually made me cry. The lyrics are quite powerful to me, and they're really building a meaning for me as well. It's just an epic song, all over. Youtube it, really.

recently i have been unable to stop listening to breaking benjamin : the diary of jane.
It's an amazing song, and i love how BB sound, i love the song, and it's always in m head

10/10

Placebo - Daddy Cool (cover)
It's an epic cover :wacky: At first I thought it was pretty weird and took a while to adjust to it but it's such an epic cover. The beat is pretty immense and the vocals are sound! I haven't listened to the original recently so can't really compare mind.

Florence and The Machine - Cosmic Love
whhaaa, her voice. <333 this song is epic.
the melody, the drumming in the background,
the rhythm, everythinggggg. D8

<3<3<3<3

Motley Crue - Saints of Los Angeles.
I think I may have gone Motley Crue mad! I'm listening to their albums, Reading there book, I have their T'shirts and my Biker jacket has their name on the back!
Love them!

Back To Black - Amy Winehouse

I love this song lately, I find her voice to be utterly amazing. I think the chorus is spectacular, I find myself singing it all the time. I just think there's something about Amy Winehouse's voice which appeals to me, although when she's on the ball, she's amazing, when she isn't, she's shite.

Remedy- Little Boots

I was hooked on this song since about a month ago. Just the lovely melody, the contagious rhythm and her voice gets it into my brain ^_^

Also I like the way the music video's made; ver creative and love the signature tenori-on... is it?

Little Lies - Fleetwood Mac

You know, I only realised the other day, after hearing it on the radio, how utterly perfect this is as a pop song. I love it's quite subdued beginning, but then when it launches into THAT chorus, it's just perfect. It's a perfect example of 80s pop, and it's one of Christine McVie's finest songs. I love Stevie Nicks' and Lindsey Buckingham's contributions in the chorus too, but this song is all about Christine, and it's brilliant.

Never Shout Never - Brightside

I met a man of two feet tall
This man was quite ambitious
In a world that is so vicious to us all
I said, "Hi," as he replied
He said, "Listen to these words
That I have lived by my whole life

"You're only as tall as your heart will let you be
And you're only as small as the world will make you seem
When the going gets rough and you feel like you may fall
Just look on the bright side - you're roughly six feet tall"

It's easy to listen to. I love Never Shout Never for the simple melody and fantastic lyrics.

Succeeded Wish (Piano Version) - Hitoshi Sakimoto (Valkyria Chronicles OST)

Recently, through an introduction by a friend to the anime adaption of Valkyria Chronicles, I've fallen in love with the story, as well as the music. The game itself, has extended it's enticement to me as well. I'll probably be buying the sequel to the PS3 game on the PSP.

That said, this song's quite nice. Sounds to me like any classical piano pieces you can find. In fact, most of the OST in this game/anime sound really classical, literally. What I mean is that most of the music seemed to be using original records of orchestral performances, more than an edited one. Which is quite nice to listen to.

I belong to you - Muse 10/10

Listening to this song for like, the millionth time. Undisclosed Desires has had to move over in favour of this being my new favourite song on the album, even though I didn't even think all that much of it at first. I even like the whateverotherlanguage that's used in it. I jsut really like everything about it the lyrics the music, just the whole general sound of it. it's awesome. Ive fianlly worked out how to get music on my phone as well, so I can totally abuse it when I'm out of the house now as well ¬.¬

Bong-Ra – The Rush [Long Time Coming] (Dr. Bastardo Remix)

I bloody love breakcore, and this is song is basically an audioorgasm that sends goosebumps all over your skin for its whole duration. ...I'm not going to write a paragraph about it, it's something you have to hear to understand.

Attitude, by Alien Ant Farm.

This song is gorgeous... I could write a whole damn essay about this song. In fact... :wacky: xD

The intro guitar going over in the bass is amazing... I love it... xD I'm a sucker for the bass guitar, and right before they start singing you only hear the bass, and the drums, than the guitar comes in. xD It's sooooooo good.

♪ Maybe I act on confused behavior. Maybe waves crash like semi trailer.
Maybe I'll spend my off time without you. It seems like we need our own space.
And all this time I wasted away. To not feel good unless you'd stay, stay, stay.
And all this time I chased you away. Simply to catch back up with...

Your solitude is welcome, welcome.
Your attitude is welcome, welcome...
Your solitude is welcome, welcome.
You, are, welcome...

All you see is red lights behind me. Maybe this isn't what you wanted, baby.
And I don't blame you falling backwards, no one's ever quite confused you this way.
And all this time we wasted away. We don't feel good unless we're grey, grey.
And all this time I chased you away, I simply don't feel good...

All this time... We heard, alarms...
Come to find... We fell apart...
This whole thing has crashed down, crashed down...
All this time... We heard alarms...

You, are, welcome...♫

Last edited:
Bullet in the head - RATM
Classic Rage against the machine, it's a bit hard to fully sympathise with their politics, unless you think the government brainwashes people through the media. However, like I said, it's a classic RATM song, great solo from Tom Morello and a catchy chorus to sing/scream/yell along with.

Armand Van Helden - NYC Beat

At first I hated this song and thought it was crap.

But now I love it! XD

The beat really helps me get motivated to exercise and the video clip is pretty hot. :wacky:

Makes me feel like I'm getting sexier by the minute when I listen to this song whilst exercising. =D

10/10

"I Feel home" - O.A.R.

Rating: 20/10 yes I said 20.

"Feeling alright, heading out there tonight; maybe off to a dark drive way. You see now some feel bored, some are looking for more.. but we all just decide to stay. We've got nothing to do, but when I look at you I see someone I know and I love. With a crack of your smile, make me stay for a while... for my home there is nothing above. In the end.. I can always call my friends, something I pray will be true. And in a thousand years, and after a thousand tears... I will find my original crew. And On those long dark drives on that road at night, in my heart I'm at home"

"Rooftops (A Liberation Broadcast)" - Lostprophets

This is probably the first song I've heard of them in a long, long while and I really like it. Having heard little of their songs I can't really compare but I think the lead singer is a very strong vocalist. I love the lyrics and the actual tune itself is bangin' :grin:

Meet me Halfway- Black Eyed Peas

Yes, Boom Boom Pow was a great comeback song for the band, I Gotta Feeling had a feel-good effect, but their next song in The E.N.D. is the one that stands out for me. Fergie does an incredible job of the chorus here- as always, she is the band's singer, and does an excellent job of it, and in general, MMHW is different to what I have heard from the band lately, which is good because it's just fresh.

As for the video, Fergie looks rather pretty there, and the rest is weird but amusing. The male members are in space- and just the sight of Will.I.Am riding on an elephant on what looks like a moon of Jupiter and Apl.de.Ap rotating in mid air are the highlights. It is bizarre.

9/10

Back