[V5] What are you currently listening to?

Smile At You (Mirage Demo) - Fleetwood Mac

I love this version so so sooo much more than the one on the Say You Will album. It may be 20 years older, but it's so much better. The Say You Will version is very washed-out and lacks so much, the demo is brilliant. Back in the 80s when her voice was at its peak, you can hear the anger and intensity in this version. It's one of my all time favourite songs by Stevie Nicks, I love it when she gets all intense and angry, her voice was brilliant for it.

Enduser - Murderous Rage

...Fun name for a track, huh. Enduser is one of the breakcore founders, or a very important and profound example of it anyway. Awesome example of electronic music that gets underneath your skin.

Taio Cruz - I Can Be

I love this song, it's very uplifting. Especially after you've been knocked down and need some inspiration to get back on your feet again. Ever since I've heard this, I've become a very big Taio Cruz fan. His slow songs like this are quite soothing and relaxing.

10/10

Rihanna Feat. Justin Timberlake - Rehab

A beautiful pairing, even though Justin doesn't much. Alas, he does most of the production and songwriting. Wish that they'd get back together and do another song like this. Love Rihanna's old songs lately. I hate her in Run This Town. >_>

9/10

Beyonce - Diva

The PERFECT song to listen to before I'm off to the netball game. It's getting me really hyped up and Beyonce rapping kinda works in a way. I wasn't so keen on this song at first, but I lurrrrrve it now. She really stands out with this song. Go, Sasha!

10/10

Cheryl Cole - Fight For This Love

I'm pretty sure this became the fastest selling single today, or maybe yesterday. But on the whole I really like it, I know she's not the best of singers but I think that's what makes the song stand out, because it doesn't sound perfect it makes it sound better imo, more natural if you will.

Cheryl Cole seems destined for UK number 1 this Sunday. The song is alright, but there's nothing overwhelming about it or her voice.

I'm listening to Jordin Sparks SOS having downloaded it for my IPhone. It's not as captivating to me as Battlefield was- and Battlefield was a graceful, powerful ballad and Jordin's best song yet, while SOS/Let the Music Play is a different style of song. It's more upbeat- not quite a party tune, but on the same level as JLS's Everybody In Love. I'm not particularly a massive fan of the chorus. The verses are more fun to listen to. The real cherry on top of the cake is her high, maintained note near the end. No wonder she won American Idol. She and Kelly Clarkson are the two greatest outcomes of that show.

8/10

Lady GaGa - I Like It Rough

This is definitely the equivalent of LoveGame, but at a slower pace and yet with the same kind of music. She's still definitely on top form with her vocals. I'd love to see her release it as a single, but I don't see it happening. But it'd be interesting if she did.

9/10

After SOS, I'm currently listening to JLS- Everybody in Love. Like most follow-ups, it's a great song, but I fail to like it as much as Beat Again. Nevertheless it's still a great sequence of vocals from the boys. No doubt this will find large success.

8/10

Bowling For Soup - High School Never Ends

A mint song! I only listened to it many months ago and became hooked on it because it's so true about American high schools from what I've heard. I never get fed up of listening to this!

10/10

Weird Al Yankovic- Trapped In The Drive Thru (Chipmunk Version)

I must be crazy. This singing is a horrible nightmare, yet I'm still listening. I do like the song, but the voice totally ruins it all. Right now, just listening to it for the sake of listening.

Sweet Disposition by The Temper Trap

It's one of those songs where you fail to think much about it when you first hear it- and finally hits you when you hear it a few more times. The Aussie band has definitely gained a reputation for me. The song itself is surprisingly excellent- well sung and a good pace. I can't think of any major flaw at all. The video dazzles me with its space-like effect, and the neat trick of having the band member's disembodied faces in half silhouettes.

The Veronicas - 4ever

This is probably my most favourite song at the moment and am still in disbelief that it was in She's The Man when it was only released as a single here in the UK not long ago. Top marks go to the girls for making yet another rocky song!

10/10

Lost Horizons - Lemon Jelly

Sometimes labelled as 'chillout' (or even 'wallpaper music') but it has enough of an edge to keep you interested. It's a very warm, tranquil record and I like how it veers from euphoric in some songs to downright sinister in others.

The Saturdays- Forever Is Over

The Saturdays have a new album and a new song. Fortune seems to be upon them, because I proclaim this as their best song yet. It's more grown-up and a graceful, powerful ballad that touches on an important social theme. It was originally for Kelly Clarkson, but I'm glad it became UK-bound! Vanessa, Rochelle and Una pull off astonishing vocals here- and it's a shame that it narrowly failed to reach the top spot.

10/10

All Of This, by Blink 182 ft Robert Smith (The Cure)

I forgot how much I loved this song. Been a big The Cure fan for ages. Just love Robert's voice... Blink 182 came later on for me, and I loved most of their music. 8F They have such cheery, yet also serious songs between their stuff.

This is my obsession at the moment. xD

♫ With all of this I know now, everything inside of my head...
It all just goes to show how, nothing I know changes me at all.
Again I waited for this to change instead, to tear the world in two...
Another night with her, but I'm always wanting you...

Use me Holly, come on and use me...
We know where we go...
Use me Holly, come on and use me...
We go where we know...

With all of this I feel now, everything inside of my heart...
It all just seems to be how, nothing I feel pulls at me at all.
Again I waited for this to pull apart, to break my time in two...
Another night with her, but I'm always wanting you...

She's all I need...
She's all I dream...
She's all I'm always wanting...
She's all I need...
She's all I dream...
She's all I'm always wanting you...
I'm always wanting you...
I'm always wanting you...

And all again I wait for this, to fill a whole, to shake the sky in two...
Another night with her. I'm always wanting you...
Another night with her, but I'm always wanting you... ♪

Lady GaGa - I Like It Rough

This is definitely the equivalent of LoveGame, but at a slower pace and yet with the same kind of music. She's still definitely on top form with her vocals. I'd love to see her release it as a single, but I don't see it happening. But it'd be interesting if she did.

9/10

This is definitely an awesome song!

---

Lady Gaga - Starstruck feat Flo Rida

Really cool song to listen to when you're out clubbing or at a party!

She's really got a few good hits this girl and I really love how she dresses. XD

It's weird and very out there and makes her stand out in a very unique way. :wacky:

Loving this song. Very techno/dance.

10/10

Back