[V5] What are you currently listening to?

Green Day - Know Your Enemy

Funny how this starts playing when I found out on Facebook that the enemy of the day is the flatmate next door. A mint song to rock out to and love how Billy Joel's vocals are spot on! Top marks from me!

10/10

Spandau Ballet - Gold [New 2009 Studio Recording]

I prefer this version over the original version they made, it's slower so personally I feel that it's easier to take in the emotion the song portrays. The singing is epic from them so it doesn't sound like they've lost their touch and the rhythm is epic. Pretty amazing song.

Kelly Clarkson- Already Gone

This song is so underrated. Why? It's because of its similarity to Beyonce's Halo. I love both songs, but Kelly Clarkson's song outshines Halo because of the American Idol winner's powerful vocals. Unsurprising, considering Kelly Clarkson is my favourite singer to emerge from American Idol. Already Gone is a powerful, moving ballad, and one particularly difficult to sing. I try to sing it, but obviously I hold no candle to Kelly. The chorus is where it really shines:

I want you to know, that it doesn't matter
Where we take this road, someone's gotta go
And I want you to know, you couldn't have loved me better
But I want you to move on, so I'm already gone.

10/10

Last edited:
Kate Miller-Heidke - The Last Day On Earth

Simply beautiful song!

It's the only one I really like so far from her and the lyrics are so sweet. <3

Her voice is very pretty when she sings properly in my opinion. XD

It's a bit of a slow song and just nice to listen to if you feel like relaxing more than anything.

10/10

Vienna - Ultravoz 10/10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJeWySiuq1I

One of my guilty pleasures, it's fucking awesome. It reminds me of my mum as well, it's just one of those from when you're growing up, its great xD I always have to uncontrollable urge to sing the chorus REALLY loudly, turn it right up and prance around liek a complete wanker. It's just one of those songs. If (in the very unlikely event) it ever came on on a night out I'd just go mental and make a twat out of myself but its brilliant xD

Million Dollar Bill - Whitney Houston
I don't even know why I'm listening to it, it's just one of the songs that's quite addictive. The CD version is miles better than her live XFactor version mind, on the whole it's quite an upbeat song and she holds the notes very well, which is what you'd expect with her. I think her more powerful songs are still better, but it's still a very good song really.

Daughtry- What About Now

I have to admit here- I've never heard of Daughtry before until I heard What About You. It's a band with Chris Daughtry, an American Idol finalist fronting it. Considering the artist was a complete stranger to me, the song simply blew me away. It's a ballad; it may not be the best ballad ever, but it's still an amazing ballad. His voice is incredible, and by no means is it an easy song for the male voice box and diaphragm of course. Watch out for this band. They're more class than other sorry excuses for boy bands such as Metro Station.

9/10

Sugababes - About A Girl

Ok, I like the new version with Jade now after endless plays. Watched the video for the first time yesterday and thought it was kinda crappy because the girls don't even do anything, apart from look slutty and do some cheap dance moves. But I think Jade looks absolutely stunning! This is my new favourite song. :grin:

10/10

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - Symphony No.40 in G Minor (AKA 'Great' G Minor Symphony)

Just wanted some kind of classical to calm me down. Tomorrow, the real examinations begins, and anything that sounds soothing would appeal greatly to me. I need all the calm I can muster within myself if I am to perform at my best. Nevertheless, there are others that I could listen to, but I thought this one sounded more light-hearted- and more famous as well.

James Blunt - Goodbye My Lover

Oh the days when I would sit and listen to this song and be all pathetic after my ex dumped me. XD

It really is such a touching song and always made me cry even when I was over it.

His voice can get a bit annoying but it's decent enough.

8/10

This Charming Man - The Smiths

Started listening to these guys when I made a Morrissey signature. An unbelievably awesome song even though I don't really understand the proper meaning behind the lyrics. I have a couple of songs that I keep listening to over the years and this is definitely going to be one of them.

10/10

Smile At You (Tusk Demo) - Fleetwood Mac

I love the late 70s / early 80s versions of this song :jess: But this one is amazing, the quality is fantastic, it sounds just like a studio track :yay: I love how they've mixed this one, the chorus sounds fantastic "what you did not need was a lady who was stronger / you needed someone to depend on you / I could not be her baby / I did not want to / my first mistake was to smile at you" because I think the message is really bitter, and I love how in this version they overdub Stevie's vocals, so the chorus is just a lot of Stevie vocals on top of each other :jess: I love the angry bit at the end too, since it's with different lyrics to the other versions. xD

Sams Town - The Killers 5/10

Its alright I suppose, its one of those I normally skip, but I cba...although Ive noticed its skipping, which is annoying ¬_¬ I just dont really think all that much of it tbh, its one of them songs that isnt really bad, but theres just something about it that I dont like...

ots abit shit when I think about it really, I dont liek the lyrics or the music really ¬_¬

The Saturdays - Forever Is Over

It just came on Radio 1, the station I'm listening to on the internet right now. It's a good breakup/revenge song and would definitely immerse myself with it if I ever got my heart broken by my (if I ever get one at this rate xD) boyfriend. I never get fed up of it!

9/10

Cheryl Cole- Fight for this Love

It's No.1, and unsurprisingly so. It's also the most talked about song amongst my friends. I've always been a moderate fan of Cheryl. I'm never too crazy or uncaring for her; I'm in the middle, and this song doesn't really change that. It's a great tune, definitely one you wouldn't mind hearing over and over again. However, it's not that groundbreaking. Cheryl sings it exceptionally well (I had to slap a certain member of my family for suggesting that Cheryl is so awful it forced him to choke), and a well deserved number 1!

9/10

Keri Hilson - Energy

Her best song yet just because it's the only one that features her. It's upbeat and very well produced. I've only started listening to it, but I'm sure it's going to grow on me quickly like all her other songs do!

9/10

Little Boots- Remedy

Little Boots is the one artist I feel the closest to. She went to Rossall school as well as the Blackpool Sixth form college. I went to Rossall, and I'm currently in the Sixth form college. UK members here should be more aware of where Blackpool is. Furthermore I actually met her in the flesh (she's quite a small girl), and I have her same English Literature teacher!

But enough of that- it's her song I'm talking about. It's the best one in her album Hands in my opinion. It's a fun little electro-pop tune with glitzy effects in the video. It's very well produced; I believe it was produced by RedOne, the same person behind Lady GaGa's Just Dance. Victoria/Little Boots has an amazing, gentle voice in addition.

10/10

I Need You - N-Dubz

It's not even that good of a song, it just so happens to be one of those that you seem to listen to over and over and over again. The lyrics are probably about average but the general vocals make it one of their best songs yet. The beat is quite a good one, it's a shame they seem to dress quite chavvy. Though the blonde one is quite fit on the video :grin: I suppose it's not that bad of a song actually >.>

Backyard Babies - Brand new Hate
I saw this band in Sweden a couple of years back, They were brilliant, this song really stood out, the crowd cheered them along, peoples hair was swaying everywhere.
Im not too sure on the meaning of the song...

Overall - 9/10

Back