[V5] What are you currently listening to?

Jordin Sparks - S.O.S. (Let The Music Play)

I guess you could say this always puts a smile on my face, considering it shows she's much more than capable of doing other things than ballads. I hope Jordin does more dance music, she's brilliant at it. At this rate, I'm considering buying her new album.

9/10

Mr Brightside (some remix or other) The Killers 10/10

I love this just as much as the original version, it wellll reminds me of someone, everytime I listen to it Im like, omg hahaha, either way it's a quality song, it's one of those that realllly makes me wanna get up dancing on the tables, especially this version of it. Only probem is, it's gets me all geared up and want to go on a night out. :rage:

Thank you copy paste, it just took me 20 minutes to post that, database errors can suck my dick -__-

Never Understand - The Jesus and Mary Chain
Quite probably the greatest band to come out of Scotland. A brilliant mix of alt rock, noise pop and shoe gazing. This song is about the difference between the image someone has cultivated and who they really are. It's a modern day tale of isolation in today's society.

Divinci - Can't Stop Thinking Of You

It'll pass for a decent RnB song, he's not really all that vocally strong and sounds quite shakey, especially when he attempts high notes. The lyrics aren't much to shout about, typical RnB feel to them, much like the rhythm itself.

Leona Lewis - Bleeding Love

Ever since she's released Happy, I've been in a Leona mood. Glad she's performing on X Factor on November 8th results show. I'm hooked on this song again since her voice is just so mesmerising and that beautiful sparkly dress was around £25,000 or something like that. The video's also quite detailed and shows what the song's really about.

10/10

Cold - A Different Kind of Pain

Excellent song.. Beautiful to say the least. Reminds me of a few people I've lost along the way and I'll see again one day. Always makes me sway, whether it be behind the wheel of a car or my office desk at work or at home...

Death Cab For Cutie - Meet Me On The Equinox

This isn't the sort of music I'd listen to, but they remind me of Coldplay somehow. It's the lead song for New Moon and it's really grown on me with each listen. I guess this means I should start listening to their stuff if they can do stuff like this!

9/10

30 Minutes - t.A.T.u.

It's got a really pretty melody at the beginning... almost chilling, actually. It starts out with pretty music and what sounds like laughter, like people having fun and all. And then the singing starts and it's a bit... not depressing, really, but not happy like it would seem from the beginning. It's like someone talking about how they need to make a choice and they have a limited time. Or it's someone saying how just 30 minutes can alter everything.. I'm not entirely sure tbh. It can be taken a ton of ways I guess... either way, it's still a pretty song, and I'm going to obsess over it for a while now :kira:

... OH FUCK OFF WITH EATING MY POST -__-

Beyonce - Sweet Dreams

I suppose you can say it's one of those songs you get hooked on too much. It definitely sounds like the cousin of Rihanna's Disturbia or something. It draws you in like something very appealing, which this song obviously is. Though I don't get it when Beyonce is moving around in that golden armour at the end ...

9/10

KISS - Crazy, Crazy Nights

YEAH!! Some cheesy 80s glam rock always cheers me up. Im not a massive KISS fan, but I heard this afew months ago in work and I was shouting along to it ^^ Not good when you work in a book shop rofl. This one just makes you tap your feet and you cant help but smile and sing along. Such a fun song :-)

10/10

Agnes - I Need You Now

Whilst some may argue it's not as upbeat as Release Me, I find this single more mesmerising and I love the random choice of car in the desert in her video. The tribal man and his horse make the song even more symbolic. She's as beautiful as ever and I hope she continues to make more hits like this.

10/10

Milk it - Nirvana
They're following the pixies example of going from soft to loud very well. The soft parts are very quiet, so quiet that's it's very hard to hear what is being sung. I don't think it's particularly downbeat for a song with lyrics about being a parasite. Musically it's very good too.

3oh3! feat Katy Perry - Starstrukk

OMG I love this song! The whole thing is fantastic! I love both 3oh3! and Katy Perry, so to have both of them together is just fantastic!

I especially love the whistling bit and the music clip is so awesome to watch!

Fantastic music and their voices go alongside each other so well.

10/10

I think you may need to click on the screen to select the right song to play. It started playing Justin Timberlake the first time I started to watch it. <_<

Last edited:
Enter Shikari - Fanfare for the Conscious Man

Easily one of my favourite tracks on Common Dreads. It is one of the only songs on the album which I liked straight away, it took me a little while to get used to the album as a whole. I think it is a great finale for the album but I still prefer Enter Shikari's first album.

Three Days Grace-Someone Who Cares

I really like the direction the band is going in with their new album, this is one of my favorite songs. Reasons being are, the chorus for one

Why is it so hard to find someone who cares about you? When its easy enough to find someone who looks down on you.

I can relate, because it is hard trying to find people that appreciate you and that care about you. But at times you just feel like giving up because it seems impossible. That's what i'm going through, the other reason why i like this song is the beat towards the end. Every time i hear this song i feel like continuing regardless of knowing that i might never find people like that but i try anyway.

Laura - Scissor Sisters 7/10

not a bad little tune, it's quite nifty actually. It's nice back ground music I think, I think this song is why I wanted the album actually, I really liked it at one point :hmmm: I still do come to think of it, I guess I just don't listen to it all that much ....

La Roux- I'm Not Your Toy

I never fell in love with Elly Jackson's voice. It was OK in Bulletproof as the song was good enough for her voice to be tolerable, but it reverts to being cringeworthy in this song. I'm Not Your Toy itself is an unexciting, average-at-least song. It's not a song that makes you smile or want to dance. It's not an emotional ballady type either. So what are you left with?

5/10

Final Fantasy 13 Battle theme- Masashi Hamauzu

I spent most of today watching all these videos about FFXIII and got myself all excited about it. So I'm sitting listening to the battle theme, in my opinion its one of the best out the series. The strings combined with the brass sounds fantastic, especially when it all kicks in at 55 seconds into it.

Laura White - You Should Have Known

A decent song for a debut. I was always a big fan of Laura when she was on last year's X Factor and was utterly shocked when she was voted out. Her vocals are superb, but it's a shame that the lyrics could have been a bit better than this. Laura needs some really good producers and songwriters if she's to survive in this industry ...

8/10

Back