[V5] What are you currently listening to?

Things We Lost in the Fire - Low

Best American band of the last 20 years, and this is their finest hour (or 50 minutes or so to be precise). Gorgeously understated, devastating lyrics, they may live up to their name in terms of the feel of the music and they won't get you dancing but it's really wonderful.

10/10

Trace Adkins - You're Gonna Miss This

I'm not really a fan of country music but I do really like this song. I think it's because it's generally something you can relate to on the whole about how we wish to be grown up but when we are we'll miss the special little moments. Vocally though the singer is very strong :-)

Miley Cyrus- Party in the USA

I never watched Hannah Montana, but I do listen to a few of Miley's songs to hear what the kids love so much about her singing. I find her voice utterly squeaky in this song, and as I last recall in an interview on Youtube, her voice doesn't sound like that. So what does that mean? Can she not sing as well with her natural voice? The song itself is simply average. It's not amazing, but it's not disastrous either- but what is with that overly patriotic name?

Dia De Los Muertos - Voltaire.

Since Dia De Los Muertos / Day of the Dead started today I wanted to listen to this song.

It's pretty good. He does it in Spanish and English, but I prefer to listen to the Spanish. Catchy song, and certainly feels very Mexican and sounds like the celebrations you'd come to associate with it.

There is a light that never goes out - The Smiths
Ahh what a sad bastard Morrissey is, what a fantastically dark pop love song. It's much much better than any pop song of the last ten years, Morrissey's mournful voice, his twisted lyrics and Marr's guitar makes it great. It's unique because no one else would sing about being crushed by a ten ton truck in such a way.

Commercial For Levi, by Placebo

....:wacky: This song has the most insane lyrics... xD They're so wrong/good/freaky/insane? at the same time... I love this song. It's got a pretty sound to it, and I love the whole melody of the song. Brian's voice sounds amazing on this track as usual. I'm glad I was ever able to find this song, since I heard it in a commercial. Gorgeous song.

♪ You're the one who's always choking Trojan...
You're the one who's always bruised and broken...
Sleep may be the enemy, but so's another line...
It's a remedy, you should take more time...

You're the one who's always choking trojan...
You're the one who's showers always golden...
Spunk & bestiality well it's an Assisi lie...
It's ahead of me, you should close your fly...

I understand the fascination...
The dream that comes alive at night...
But if you don't change your situation...
Then you'll die, you'll die, don't die, don't die...
Please don't die...

You're the one who's always choking trojan...
You're the one who's always bruised and broken...
Drunk on immorality, valium and cherry wine...
Coke and ecstasy, you're gonna blow your mind... ♫

Alice Cooper - Poison

Lovely song.

It really explains the way some, if not most people feel when they're in a relationship at some point in their life.

I want to love you but I better not touch (Don't touch)
I want to hold you but my senses tell me to stop
I want to kiss you but I want it too much (Too much)
I want to taste you but your lips are venomous poison
You're poison running through my veins
You're poison, I don't want to break these chains
Pretty much saying about how much they want to be with that person, but they can't because of the dangers.

It could be because even though they love each other so badly, they simply can't co-exist together, due to things such as money, religion etc.

It really is awesome. <3

10/10

Kiss Off - The Violent Femmes

10/10

I just recently got back into The Violent Femmes. I used to love them when I was like 5 >_> I was a strange 5 year old... I was listening to Nirvana and Metallica while everyone else was jamming to Barney >_> ANYWHOOZLES. I love this song. It was my favorite when I was younger as well... The Violent Femmes were a very different band... and i just really liked the way they sounded... Most people only know them for their song Blister in the Sun... But I prefer Kiss Off to Blister in the Sun.

this bit was ALWAYS My favorite

I take one one one cause you left me and
two two two for my family and
three three three for my heartache and
four four four for my headaches and
five five five for my lonely and
six six six for my sorrow and
seven seven no tomorrow and
eight eight i forget what eight was for but
nine nine nine for the lost gods
ten ten ten ten for everything everything everything

Last edited:
Three Days Grace-Lost In You

Somehow i found a way to get lost you. Let me inside, let me get close to you.

Listening to this just reminds me of how i tried to get close to this girl and for some reason she just didn't trust me even though we've talked for years.

So the song is basically trying to get close to someone but they just won't let you (well in my opinion anyway)

I give this a 9/10

I try to avoid listening to songs like this or remotely close to it because i don't like dwelling on the past. But I can't help it because i can't help but wonder if the situation would've turned out differently if i had done something more.

Michael Buble - Cry Me A River

I'm not going to say I'm a fan since I don't really listen to his songs, I only started since I saw he performance on the Xfactor the other week. He voice is so powerful it actually seems unreal, even on the Xfactor his mouth was a good foot away from the mic but he could easily outpower most professionals, and it was live...no miming shit.
Vocally he's extremely good in general and the song has a Bond like sound to it and the rhythm is top notch. Awesome song.

Turn It Off, by Paramore.

Not sure if I mentioned this hear before. Such a great song though. Amazing lyrics, the melody is really cool. It's just one of these songs I could put on repeat all day... Just thinking about whatever and what not. I'm usually a heavy thinker, so... :gasp: I guess it's why I like this song.

♪ I wanna know what it'd be like... To find perfection in my pride,
To see nothing in the light...
Turn it off, in all my spite...
In all my spite, I'll turn it off...

And the worst part is, before it gets any better we're headed for a cliff.
Than in the free fall I, will realize, that I'm better off when I hit the bottom...♫

Don't Let Me Down Again - Buckingham Nicks

I love the guitar work and harmonies on this song, it's definitely one of the strongest songs on their album, but I love how upbeat and catchy it is, despite the message of the song. The lyrics of the song are really speaking to me at the moment, if you keep being let down, don't let it happen again.

Kimi Ga Iru Kara - Sayuri Sugawara

No doubt, although it's not official yet, I have already taken a liking to this soon-to-be main theme of Final Fantasy XIII. Although the song sounds like something from some kind of love drama, I love this sorts, for it's soothing and drama-like feel. Makes me anticipate the story of Final Fantasy XIII, at least.

Blink 182 - I Miss You

I've always loved this song.

Another song I used to listen to after my break up with my first real boyfriend.

'Will you come home and stop this time tonight...'

Man I wanted to scream at that stage in my life!

I love the instrumental in this and the lyrics are exactly how I felt at that stage. The music clip is rather freaky though.

Awesome song.

10/10

Beyonce - Broken Hearted Girl

Very, very good song. It reminds me of "Halo" a bit, the way she's singing it and the general feel to the song at least. Typical Beyonce vocals, very strong and faultless really. The lyrics are a strong point in this song and she shows some genuine emotion in there, I hate it when people sing for the sake of singing >.> Top, top song. :)

Esmée Denters Denters ft. Justin Timberlake- Casanova

At first I was sceptical about this wannabe singer, but after hearing Outta Here and Casanova, I can't help but become a fan of Dutch born Esmée. She has great vocals and it's fitting that she teams up with the man who made her big: JT! The song is not as fun to listen to as Outta Here, but don't dismiss it yet. It is a beautiful little duet and a great experience to hear what Esmée's voice is capable of.

9/10

Practice Makes Perfect, by Cute Is What We Aim For

Such an adorable song... I absolutely love it... Shaant's voice definitely was made for this song, I don't think anyone could sing this better... It's just one of those songs where you get this fuzzly feeling inside about someone you care for or love. I'll keep this on repeat tonight... :ryan:

♪ So sweet I can hardly speak, due to such trauma in my teeth...
But your body language is telling me that you're worth the pain.
So weak I can hardly keep, shaky legs holding up my feet...
But your body language is telling me that I'm not to blame.

Practice makes perfect...
Practice makes perfect sense to me...

I've become, what a mother wouldn't want in a son...
And I have done.. A few things I regret.
But practice makes perfect...

Wake up at first light hearing you calling out..
For your criminal court that fled the scene upon being ripped free...
Conversation ensued.
And I wanna do so many things to you...
Sip after sip, you insist you're a hit.
Sip after sip, yeah I swear I can feel it.

Practice makes perfect sense to me... ♪

Last edited:
Battle Theme 1 - FINAL FANTASY V

I'm not actually listening to it, but it's been stuck in my head ever since my phone rang a few minutes ago (yep. Message tone). But I really like the song because it's really very catchy. Yeah, even catchier than One Winged Angel, which I enjoy singing XD

Also, I just think the battle theme 1 suits Butz. Idk why, but I just think so.

Butz + The Rift + Battle Theme 1 + Quick move up the wall = PERFECT.

The captain - Biffy Clyro

Ever since i heard it on the radio ive been listening to this song non stop> another great song by them, loving the sound and the lyrics. I saw a poster for the new album, i cant remember the release date. It may even be out. Either way its a definate buy.

Lady GaGa- Bad Romance

I started off very sceptical towards this song. But I gave it a chance and I'm glad I did because it really grew on me. It's still a crazy type of song only reserved for people like Miss Germanotta, but thankfully, its chorus is MUCH better than Love Game.

9/10

Back