[V5] What are you currently listening to?

The Blackout- I don't care

It's a good song that i heard today, and ever since it has been stuck playing over and over in my head, and so i have found it on youtube and continually listened to it. . Love it

7/10

Leona Lewis - Bleeding Love

Even though its second anniversary is next month, I absolutely still adore this song. No wonder Leona's such the big star that she is with this beautiful ballad! The UK version of the video is SO much better than the US. It's had over 90 million views! I can't help, but fall in love with her voice every time she sings.

10/10

The Saturdays- Chasing Lights

This song has the same name as the girls' last album, and was sadly unreleased as a single. I've been going over the album again, and Chasing Lights is their most memorable song in the album. It's not upbeat and pop like Up or Work, but rather a more serious song like Issues. I think the Saturdays are better with these kind of songs. As Forever Is Over has demonstrated, the ballads perform better in the charts. This song is beautiful, and well sung by the girls, especially in the hard chorus section. It's a little on the short side though.

9.5/10

Lady GaGa - Bad Romance

This has definitely grown me! And I'm sure I said it sometime ago. Thank you to Mark for sending it me and enlightening to me the addictive song. I love the "oooh la la" parts since it sounds so rude and naughty, something you shouldn't say. xD

10/10

I just heard Bad Romance. It's alright, but it's one song I MUST listen to several times to get used to. I had that feeling with Pixie Lott's Boys & Girls.

Shakira- She Wolf

I thought this is a rather interesting new entry by Shakira. She Wolf should have been released for Halloween, but I'm not complaining. The "cute" part of the song is when she makes a little wolf howl "Awrooo!" which is imitated by my little sister perfectly. I also liked the electro part: "SOS, she's in disguise, SOS, she's in disguise. There's a She Wolf in disguise, coming up, coming up, coming up". It sounded quite sinister! I also praise the fact that the word "lycanthrope" is used. That's lexis for you!

9/10

Destiny's Child - Lose My Breath

There's a dance class when we have netball training that plays this song all the time when we have our warmups. I've grown quite fond of it yet again, despite the fact it's a few years old. It always gets me dancing!

10/10

James Blunt- Wise Men

Right. I find the lyrics rather amusing, and never exactly bothered to find out what exactly does it mean to convey to the listener. Nevertheless, I do know it sounds good to me, and has a rather strong appeal, so that'll do fine. I'd prefer the parodies of some of his songs though.

No idea why people dislike him so much.

Malik - Hands Tied

Very good song, I have no idea who he is I just clicked a link to listen to the song and was pleasantly surprised. The lyrics are very good, but it's one of those songs that need to have good lyrics for it to be a good song. It's sung very well and the rhythm in general is also very good.

Fake Problems - Diamond Rings
just seen them supporting Frank Turner and they are soo awsome! This song especially is so catchy and bouncy! the bass player in this band is beyond awsome too! The bass line in this song is just so cute aha.

Lady Gaga - Love Game

I simply love this song! Disco Stick! XD Have you seen that stick in the music video? XD

But seriously though, I love the beat of this song. It's perfect for partying and I love driving to it, especially if I'm tired driving home from a friends.

It wakes me up! It's like having your very own disco in your car.

10/10

Leona Lewis- Happy

The first single from her new album "Echo", is unsurprisingly, getting a lot of attention from me. It's all very well listening to constant bursts of Lady GaGa or Katy Perry, but there's nothing quite like Leona's ballads to sober yourself up afterwards. As you can expect from the X-Factor winner, Leona masterfully sings it without much trouble. The song itself is calming. The theme and video are not as dramatic as "Bleeding Love". I'm not if that is good or bad, but either way I am loving Leona's new work.

10/10

Coming Home - The Soldiers

Brilliant, brilliant song. I think what makes this song so good as that because they're everyday blokes with families and are experiencing the Iraq war first hand, you know they aren't singing it for the sake of singing it and truly mean what they're saying. The lyrics are what they personally feel and it really has an emotional feeling to it.

The Climb - Miley Cyrus

I'm not too fond of Miley, but this song is wonderful. The lyrics are amazing, and the music being so catchy is a bonus. But I think if someone else were to sing this song, it would have more meaning. The only thing Miley Cyrus has to climb is the stairs in her mansion, as my dad jokingly stated.

Black Eyed Peas - I Gotta Feeling

This song always cheers me up whenever I feel down. It's hard to avoid this song, especially since it's been around on the radio and music channels all year round! It's one of those songs where you can just shout the lyrics out!

10/10

Sugababes- About A Girl

NOOO! Keisha can't leave, I screamed. But Jade was amazing on the Eurovision, so I thought to myself that she'll be the one to bring the band together again. So About A Girl is the start of a fresh slate for the "New Sugababes", as I want to call them now. The song is in my opinion better than Get Sexy, which I hated. The "oh-oh ha-ay-ah oh-oh ha-ay-oh!" part of the chorus is surprisingly alluring to listen to, and Amelle's voice gets the chance to shine. As for the video, the fighting is interesting to look at, but the outfits and the dancing didn't click with me.

8/10

Jay Sean Feat. Lil' Wayne - Down

I haven't tired of this song yet and can't help myself when I listen to this song. I think I may have fallen in love with him lol. Best part about him is that he's British and has finally got the chance to shine with the little career he has. I hope he get to no. 1 over here in the UK like he has in the States!

10/10

Cheryl Cole - 3 Words

A very good song, it's quite different to what's knocking about nowadays, it's sort of RnB-Pop. Will.I.Am does a fantastic job in the song as does Cheryl. It's quite strong vocally, but it has some pretty amazing lyrics.

Lily Allen- Who'd Have Known

Normally I am not an enthusiastic fan of Lily Allen's style, but I rather like her new single, which is a fusion of a melody much like Take That's Shine with a ballad. The video is indeed one of the best yet strange things I have ever seen. It depicts Lily as an obsessed fan of Elton John (well, Lily did say that she fancies older men!), kidnapping her idol himself (a lookalike, don't worry!) and taking him to her apartment. The song itself is sweet and romantic(ish), but I'm still not a massive fan of the lady herself.

9/10

Florence + The Machine: My Boy Builds Coffins

Got an REM feel to it - kinda dark lyrics with an upbeat sound. Tbh I'm in love with this whole album (being: Lungs), but this and a couple of other stand out the most. I just find myself unable to take it off loop. Bit short though.

9/10

Jason DeRulo - Watcha Say

This is where Autotune sounds decent! The song itself is based around the RnB category, and as I recall, doing pretty well in the American Billboard. No wonder. This song is pretty awesome, if you ask me. :)

Back