Was Kimahri a Worthless Character in Battle?

Hes only as good as the amount of time you put into his character, at the end of the day he can get as high in each stat as everyone, have all the same magic/attacks/skills and still have exclusive access to his blue magic abilities.

Personally, i haven't used him much in my last play through, nor in my first play through.

I always said that Kimarhi was more of a "for sake of story line" based character. His blue magic was weak, and his sphere grid much too short.

i personally didnt find much use of having kimarhri as a character because i hardly ever used him, he was extremely weak

He was only weak if you made him weak. As stated many times before, he's a character you can put on any grid right from the start.

I always said that Kimarhi was more of a "for sake of story line" based character. His blue magic was weak, and his sphere grid much too short.
Basically Leki thinks this to. He was good for the story more damaga ain't that great, cause you can't use a third person for the rest of the battle.

Leki basically used him first for a status inflictor in her first game, then a second black mage in the second.

Worthless? No. In fact, when I did use him, I found him to be quite useful. One of the biggest things I liked about using Kimahri in the beginning was the use of his Lancet ability.

Ive the Official Walkthrough and with hours of study i found that Kimahri could develop into a great damage dealer aswell as substain large amounts of damage making him a possible 'Tank'

The way I played the game....Kimahri sucked. I've found almost all of his blue magic spells(including Nova) and all of them sucked. I made him follow Tidus's grid so he was kinda fast. That was the only useful thing about him. He became faster than Tidus at some point so he was always in the front line. Then I attacked with him once or cast hastega(in order for him to get some AP) then switched him with someone else.

Hes very useful once you can get him to aurons grid, becomes another tank and hits hard with the right weapons

I'm still surprised at how people still manage to be ignorant to Kimahri's initial stats. He's got a good physical attack, and has a magic attack not to be snubbed at. If you train him straight for another character's grid, he's instantly a solid all-round character. He's probably the most useful out of them all in terms of overall power for a large portion of the game, until you obtain the stronger Overdrives of other characters.

So not only can he use magic to effect, he has a generally good base offensive. His only real disadvantage is his lack of speed and physical accuracy.

He's not "weak" at all. If you train him enough, his Overdrives will deal substantial damage to the chosen adversary, or all, depending on the attack.

I dunno, Kimahri could piere shells and use blue magic, I never used him though... I just put him along random sphere grids.

His grid is in the best location. He could be either of the "classes" the other players represent without having to travel extremely far to get to them(which requires a lot of fighting). I used him a lot.

Kimahri was extremely worthless. I just had him follow Tidus's grid, then after I beat the two Ronso's in the mountains, I never used him again.

Honestly, if you want the Tier Listing of Best character to worst, this is what I've got from maxing them all out to their fullest potential, here it is...

Top Tier
Wakka
Yuna w/Yojimbo
Tidus/Lulu

Middle Tier
Everyone Else

In the end, whomever deals the most damage within a succession is great, while the others are nowhere near as good.

Kimahri was extremely worthless. I just had him follow Tidus's grid, then after I beat the two Ronso's in the mountains, I never used him again.

Same here :D Didn't like him at all, though I have no specific reason for it :D

Back