FFX-2 What did they do to Yuna?!

Yeh i will so have to agree with you thier. When i first played ffx i noticed that yuna was shy, but in x-2 shez like nuthing like the way she was in ffx!!!
But i reackon the new yuna is alot better, cause real shy chicks like yuna kinda anoy me

It might've just been the dressspheres I mean they have someone elses spirit inside them like the songstress dresssphere, maybe there was a ditzy person inside of the gunner dresssphere :wacky:

One thing that has got me thinking though, the prologue in X-2 was just before the events of the game (its on youtube) and Yuna didn't change one bit, but as soon as the game started she has hair all the way down to her feet (although you may not notice it as its got some kinda thing wrapping it) how can her hair get that long in a short space of time? :confused:

Most girls who had to carry Yuna's burden would turn gray just by thinking about it. She is free of all that stress and now she can finally be the person she want's to be.

Where the heck did you find out about all that stuff!? I have heard about NFSU2 though I wonder if you have actually found an easter egg or a secret unlockable character within the game itself?

I wonder whether or not Yuna would look out of place in any of the Grand Theft Auto games by any chance?

Basically they vamped her up for the male fan boys she recieved. Plus it was also aimed at a female audience, so perhaps SE decided to go with something funky the girls may like. Im 50/50 with her outfit and complete personality change, I like both Yuna's.

Yes the transformation was a complete shock to the system and many hated it, but at the time SE probably thought it would be a good idea to get across to both sexes.

Where the heck did you find out about all that stuff!? I have heard about NFSU2 though I wonder if you have actually found an easter egg or a secret unlockable character within the game itself?

I wonder whether or not Yuna would look out of place in any of the Grand Theft Auto games by any chance?
Hehehehe, she's not an unlockable character in NFSU2... I just created my profile as Yuna and she's doing really well in the game... Winning races like nobody's business and also getting a sponsorship + car on magazine cover...

Which is why I think that Yuna from X-2 is more suited for games like this as well as GTA... :D

As everyone else in this thread has probably already mentioned, sex sells. Yuna got the overhaul she did so that she would appeal to a male audience, as well as female. I don't really mind the change that much, seeing as how I never really cared for her outfit in X. Sure it was classier than her new duds, but it didn't look just grand either.

Her personality, on the other hand, is a different story. I didn't like how she acted like a total ditz, and how she became quite annoying at times. She and Rikku together drove me absolutely crazy! :gasp: As for positives, I liked that she wasn't as naive as she was in X. It was also good to see her come out of her shell and do things on a whim, which is something the old Yuna would have never done.

I think the flaws in Yuna's character have to be blamed on the creators though. I mean come on, at one point they had you pushing musicians in an elevator. I mean wtf is that? They obviously didn't think a lot of the game through, as shown by the characters and the storyline.

I thought that scene where you push musicians into the lift was pretty stupid as well
Hehehehe, she's not an unlockable character in NFSU2... I just created my profile as Yuna and she's doing really well in the game... Winning races like nobody's business and also getting a sponsorship + car on magazine cover...

Which is why I think that Yuna from X-2 is more suited for games like this as well as GTA... :D
Indeed, (with any luck) Yuna could well be the ideal female lead character for a GTA game. After all, I would rather see Yuna killing gangsters with a pair of Uzis or assault rifles while wearing a cowgirl outfit than casting puny magics on monsters as a mage! Then again, things will never be the same again.....

i find it weird saying tidus seeins Yunas new personality just refers to Tidus as HIM lol. I prefer the new look, it gives her a more action, less pathetic look to her, like she can actually do something. But some of the things she says and does just makes me like arghhh shut up lol. I loved the Gunner bit, i kept her has a gunner all the way through the game lol

As for the more revealing clothes, after growing up under Lulu's wing, maybe Yuna had an attack of wanting the guys to look at HER for a change.

There's many psychological reasons for why a young person raised in a very strict religious environment where her whole life was regulated and geared towards pilgrimage would "break out" and go a little crazy -- even act rather childish, giggly, pouty -- once her purpose in life and Mommy Dearest Lulu weren't around to make her behave like a perfect lady, an example to all of Spira. A little rebellion was probably good for her.

Unfortunately, I was quite taken with her as a Summoner. Yes, she was demure in FFX, yet she had a strength and steel will to confront Seymour in Macalania Temple and at the Wedding before all the bigwigs of Spira, and she managed to get past a whole colony of Ronso ready to kill her through sheer guts and force of words. (Of course, it helped that Lulu and Auron reasoned with Maester Kelk.) Guns made her physically stronger and more outgoing, yet there's a lot more times in X-2 where she seems apologetic, bumbling, and pouting when things aren't "fun" or don't go her way.

It is realistic, though: she no longer felt as self-assured, because she no longer knew who she was.

I really do like her in X better, she looks simply lovely. In X-2....aw come in I actually was starting to like her!!
I don't know what Enix was thinking but really..I don't like her in X-2 at all...
They seemed to attempt to make her more..threatening...she's not, No matter how you dress her, what you give her, she's not..threatening...I just like din her X more, now back then....yeah she was a threat e.e;;

They turned her into a whore, which made me a little mad >.>

However, a chick with guns is hot, in my opinion.

I like the changes that theyv'e made to Yuna but one thing I don't get is where she keeps reloads for her gun. She is pratically butt naked not that it is abad thing.

Most girls who had to carry Yuna's burden would turn gray just by thinking about it. She is free of all that stress and now she can finally be the person she want's to be.
i totally agree and the worst thing for her is she knew her father for only a short amount of her lifeso when just totally gives up his life fo spira she lost a mentor a friend and a father so that could have something to do with it right

The Reason Yuna changed to the way she was on x-2 is because she spent to much time with Rikku and Paine.

The Reason Yuna changed to the way she was on x-2 is because she spent to much time with Rikku and Paine.

Actually it's probably just Rikku's influence. Good thing there hasn't been an X-3 yet, Rikku would be wearing nothing in that game... wait...

Ugh, one person; Rikku.
It's said in Shinra's Dossiers (I think) that Yuna looks up to Rikku. Also, in one scene, I believe it was in the engine room on the airship, Yuna said "Oh poopie!" (something retarded like that) and Rikku told her not to talk like that. Yuna then assured she was copying Rikku. I think she's just a failed version of the already failed "new" Rikku.

What a waste of two great characters. *facepalm*

Ugh just noticed that she wears no bra in X-2 <* Face palms self * >

Kind of like X-2 despite her uniform change because of her new change of confidence and how she was able to break out of her new shell and become a new free person.

But yes they DID screw over Yuna's character and changed a strong stable woman into a rather bad stereotype guess the same goes with Rikku and Brother. Totally ruined.

But kind of focus on the good rather than the bad with Yuna's character otherwise would probably go insane that so many good SE characters have been ruined by sequels by them to spam off their series..

<<* *COUGH-COUGH CLOUD STRIFE - COUGH -COUGH **>>

Back