What was the latest Final Fantasy when you were born?

What Final Fantasy did you grow up with?

• B.F.F. (Before FFI was created.)

Votes: 26 25.5%
  • Final Fantasy

Votes: 9 8.8%
  • Final Fantasy II

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Final Fantasy III

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • Final Fantasy IV

Votes: 15 14.7%
  • Final Fantasy V

Votes: 10 9.8%
  • Final Fantasy VI

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • Final Fantasy VII (You are too young to be on FFF mate!)

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • Final Fantasy VIII

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Final Fantasy IX

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Final Fantasy X (Highley doubt a 7 year old is on FFF, right?)

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Final Fantasy XI

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Final Fantasy XII (This is rather pointless...a 3 year old...lmao)

Votes: 3 2.9%

• Total voters
Haha, the sidenote with FF7 made me feel a bit nervous to vote, but I voted Final Fantasy VIII. One day back when I was in Intermediate school, my dad decided to get me FF8. Or maybe it was for Christmas. Okay, some time in the winter. :P And so I played it, loved it, but didn't really think that there might have been other games in the series. Then I remembered that my friend played FF7, so I watched him for a bit but never really paid attention to the storyline or anything.

I loved FF8 SO much, though... I remember restarting it like 11 times because the first disc was so much fun and so new to me. I got depressed after I couldn't get past a part though, and put down the series altogether until FFX's release.

Haha, the sidenote with FF7 made me feel a bit nervous to vote, but I voted Final Fantasy VIII. One day back when I was in Intermediate school, my dad decided to get me FF8. Or maybe it was for Christmas. Okay, some time in the winter. :P And so I played it, loved it, but didn't really think that there might have been other games in the series. Then I remembered that my friend played FF7, so I watched him for a bit but never really paid attention to the storyline or anything.

I loved FF8 SO much, though... I remember restarting it like 11 times because the first disc was so much fun and so new to me. I got depressed after I couldn't get past a part though, and put down the series altogether until FFX's release.

You people really have a hard time reading the original post don't you? OP is asking what FF came out when you were BORN. Since you're 18, then FF3 would be your game. That is...if we're going by Japanese release dates. If so, then FF1 is the one I grew up with. But if we're going by North American or European, then I'm before FF.

I was born in 1989 so I was stuck in between FFII and FFIII if I'm not mistaken.

FFX
And no im not 7, someone cant grow up with a game that came out when they were born. It was my first game in the series and i was really young (7 years ago).

Edit: Shit, i read the title and didnt read the post, how come there two diffrent questions?

No idea what FF was going on when I was bored. But the first FF I was introduced to was FFVII. It was pretty bomb.

Oooh, I was born the year the first Final Fantasy came around, I think. I didn't bother with any of the games until 2002, though. Shortly after Kingdom Hearts released.

Thread title has been changed to avoid confusion.

Apparently I was born the same year FFV was released, albeit it was only released in Japan at the time, other than that the closest English release was IV which was released a year before I was born.

Same for me. Except it wasn't even out in Japan when I was born. So FFIV is my answer. Which was released about 5 months before I was born. =D

Well, considering that I was born in 1984, this was long before Final Fantasy was even created...

The first RPG I ever played was Phantasy Star back in 1989 or 1990 on the Sega Master System, but I didn't start getting into Final Fantasy until the release of FF6 (FF3 in the US) in 1994...

I was born in 1987, which was the year FF1 was released, but my birthday is before the FF1 release date.

I didn't get into FF until this year though.

Well, I didn't even HEAR about Final Fantasy until I was like..... 8. Lol. I haven't kept track. So, I really don't know.....
~KTW

I don't think I really knew about it until 2001 or so when I started going online a lot. RPGs weren't my parents' thing (my mom played Zelda 1 and 2 for a while, but that was about it), and we lived in the country so I couldn't easily go out and buy my own games.

Back