What's the deal?

DarkSquall said:
I'LL KILL U:mad:
did u really watch AC

If you cannot handle someone preferring this over AC, then you must take yourself elsewhere, or apologise for your actions, like I have done myself.

The movie was ok, but it had its crap parts too. Personally, I liked Advent Children better than this one. How does The Spirits Within make it a Final Fantasy movie? By only being made by their makers. But no swords, magic and anything else. It wasn't a worthy movie in my eyes.

It was a big disappointment to be called FF movie...I waited for it and was so looking forward to it but when I watched, it was a total shock!! It's nothing like FF at all.... didn't hate the movie but I found it to be so normal and not suitable for FF at all...

I don't think it was anything to do with the Final Fantasy series, I can remember someone saying that it was just a normal movie, it didn't even have anything fantasy-like in it. I hated it, because even if it had been something to do with it, it would have least put some FF characters into it, like Advent Children for example, it woukd've been similar to that

No offense to those who enjoyed it but my opinion it was crap. I thought it was just a way for square to show off their computer generating in a movie with no real plotline or action, but with the final fantasy tittle to draw a crowd to the theater. i vastly prefered advent children but i was dissapointed by that to. Sqaures much better at making games. Maybe i expect to much of them when making a movie. After all making a movie plot is a lot different from making a good plot for a videogame i planto give them a little more time to develop their movie making skills. They show promise because i thought advent children was a signifigant improvement over the spirits within just in terms of being a good movie. Again thats just my opinion.

I don't blame people for being disappointed in this movie. Perhaps if this did not have the title of Final Fantasy, I bet it would have different reviews. I, for one, enjoyed the movie for the graphics and the bit of "fantasy" they had.

i thoughted it sucked too. i mean i watched the commercial and i was all like "hey i wonder if that's realated to that game" because back the i didn't know anything about FF then 1 night me and my sis are watching tv and i see the name then i'm like "hey diana put it there it's based on that game i like so much!" (now i love the games) then i'm thinking after 10 minuets 'ok this sucks i see no connection at ALL' so i fell asleep

I'm one of the select few that liked it. I know I'm not alone in this opinion, I've actually read all the pages of this thread. But if you look past the name, and take a good, hard look at the movie itself, it was good. The plot was impressive, the voice acting actually sounded like real people, and the CG was breathtaking.

Advent Children, on the other hand, had about a tenth of the plot, no suspense, and slightly worse CG. I think AC was made just so that the enemies of TSW would stop complaining so much. Don't get me wrong, I still liked AC. Seeing Nanaki CG'ed was sweet.

about the movie?
i've never watched it and never will.
a friend of mine said me that it was totally a wasting of time.

so i believe her.

ffac was a real success

I enjoyed FFSW. It seemed to me to have a good story line, though some parts were dragged out a bit and some of the characters in my opinion were not that well developed. I also thought that it was pretty cool that they developed a different story line as apposed to following along the FF game story lines. I loved FFAC even better!!

Perhaps a poll should have been attached to this thread. . .

Anyway, I'm glad that a lot of people actually enjoyed The Spirits Within. To those who say "it sucked", don't you guys hear about movies before hand? You should have known it was unrelated to the games. . . .

I hated both of the movie {sw + Ac]

the story in sw was a bit too confusing
for me and FFAc hardly had any story at all{I think it was just fan service}

I was disappointed of The Spirited Within but I did think it was amazing at the same time. The Graphics were really amazing...I've never seen anything like it. The disappointment was no swords, majic, summons, etc.
Advent Children had a story...a very good story I think...it's just the Japanese usually hide the details of the story and you have to have a very good eye to catch...Advent Children is no different...which is why it seems like it doesn't really have a plot. On another note, the script for Advent Children was very short and basic...the ideas were very flexible...same concept what made the game FFVII very successful...an Anything Goes Additude!

I'll admit it wasn't anything to do with any one of the games, but the story was classic FF and forgetting that it is FF it is actually a pretty good watch. I would give it 7.5/10, because it needed to be longer and explain everything that happenned. Also it needed swords.

Back