What's the deal?

I actually loved the movie even though there really wasn't anything final fantasyish about it, I thought it contained a good plot and overall I'd have to rate the movie a B.

The movie had nothing to do with the ff series but i know that the thriller music video was funnny:D

Wow...so many complaints...can't say The Spirits Within had NOTHING to do with Final Fantasy, for it did bear similar elements to the games.

Final Fantasy Elements in The Spirits Within (In comparison to FFVII)
- The planet in danger of a world-wide calamity.
- An antagonist who would go through any and all costs to achieve a single goal.
ie; risking the destruction of the planet to wipe out the 'aliens' vs killing off any and all people who get in Sephy's way to 'help take back the planet for the Cetra'
- The existence of Cid.
- The existence of 'Gaia' or 'the life of the planet'.

Most of the above elements you will find in most any Final Fantasy game. Plus, you've gotta admit: Final Fantasy VII was more sci-fi than fantasy. It was a science fiction environment with fantasy elements. Yet did anyone complain about that? No, because they didn't think of it.

Her name was Aki.
I thought it was worth the $5.75 I spent when I watched it a few years ago cause the animation was pretty awesome. Plus, if you bought the OST, there was a trailer for Final Fantasy X on it
I'd like to say that I cannot believe that this is the third Spirits Within topic I've clicked on without knowing. Kudos.

Back