Which Final Fantasy game has the best music?

There's honestly nothing bad I can say about the soundtrack for FFVIII, so I have to go with that.

I Think FF 10 and crisis core had the best music

I agree, both those games had great music, i even have some on my mp3 player i listen to alot, but almost everything in my mp3 player is full off game music hehe game music and old rock songs like acdc and bon jovi

Last edited:
Based on what I can remember. FFVIII. IX has good music too, and so does FFX. I don't remember the music from XII, but X-2 does have some good songs aswell.

FFX, with To Zanarkand (Skies Above) was what made X. + the battle music was pretty catchy. Also like Maclania music was a good one to.
FFVII was also very good. I loved the battle music in it. All of it was just so catchy!! lol.

Ultimately the best songs are ONE WINGED ANGEl, TO ZANARKAND (X), OTHERWOLD (X), DANCING MAD (VIII), and JENOVA. i think there is a few more epic ones. but i cant remember them :P

For me I will go with Final Fantasy IX in first place, VIII & VII will have them both on the second place and in a third place X. In IX the winner would be Kuja's Main Theme(Immortal Hymn-The one that plays when fighting in his trance state) in VIII would be The Extreme(when fighting Ultimecia in her final form) VII it is Sephiroth's One Winged Angel all the way and for X it will be To Zanarkand.

yep

XII's music is godly. I love the orchestrated feel of some tracks, I get so psyched up by Phon Coasts music, so much so I can imagine myself running down that area and just pummeling anything that gets in my way. Loved a lot of tracks really, and I guess a runner up in the soundtrack department would be X. Battle music = sweeeeet.

I agree i love the 12 soundtrack, some truly stunning themes in there and some very memorable areas!!!

yep

Well, I'll have to pick two radically different games in atmosphere and in music. First we have FFXII with its beautiful, epic soundtrack. It's just so pleasing to the ears. But it's not only pleasing but it accompanies the emotion of the scene in a great way. It managed, in my case, to make the scenes more memorable. Not only scenes with spoken dialogue but also when you were just wandering around places, like the Ozmone Plains. Moreover, Battle for Freedom has to be THE best final boss theme ever. Even though some people might call me crazy I think it's better even than Dancing Mad and One Winged Angel. It's just that Battle for Freedom is just so amazingly epic. The Imperial theme was great as well.

The second game I consider as having the best music is FFVII. It just has so many amazing pieces. Like in FFXII, the music fit the scenes and places perfectly. Bombing Mission is just such a great intro. I could go on listing individual pieces but the point is that the music in this game was memorable.[/quo

I fracking loved that boss theme, IM just playing through it now for the first time(at the great crystal over 90 hours in) The music is so stunning in this game i feel that it truly lends to the atmpshere, places such as bur omicase, old arcades and so many others actually stir my emotions and bring full circle the very detailed and beleivable world of IVALCE!!!

I agree i love the 12 soundtrack, some truly stunning themes in there and some very memorable areas!!!

Final Fantasy 3.

More effort in posts please. Don't just post "I agree" in response to someone's post, and please elaborate on why you think this particular FF game has the best music.

I've actually got a load of new-found respect for the music of FFVI. It's always completely entrancing. I've found myself pausing and just listening to the music for awhile, it's captivating. Unlike FFVII which has some very memorable and powerful pieces, I think FFVI has the better background music throughout, and therefore, has the best music overall.

So..I'm switching my vote to FFVI. For now. xD Until I properly replay FFVII probably. xD

Final Fantasy IX had my favorite soundtrack. I liked the sort of "old-fashioned" feel to it. You're Not Alone, Eternal Harvest, Rose of May, Hunter's Chance...too many good ones to name.

I love elements of all the soundtracks, but for a favourite, I am finding it hard to choose between VII and IX.

The music in VII just grabs you even deeper into the story. Some pieces make you feel uncomfortable, and that's brilliant because the mood is not supposed to be any different than that. There are so many emotions and all in all, it just flows wonderfully.

IX has such pleasant music though. I don't mean "happy" (but Black Mages Village anyone? XD), but I think you'll know what I mean. "You're Not Alone" is among Nobuo's best work, seeing the moments surrounding that particular piece unfold really is something rather special.

So for fairly different reasons, I am choosing VII and IX.

Sorry but anything past FFIX doesnt do it for me. I enjoyed playing FFX and the music was ok but nothing will beat Nobuo Uematsu's music. I love anything he's done (he did a few FFX's music didnt he?), FFXII sucked, sorry just my opinion

VII - X, including the piano collections. (Although Terra's Theme is too beautiful not to mention.)

FFX I suppose. That soundtrack does things to me that a lot of music today would never be able to do.

I would go for FFIX. Melodies of Life really got to me for some reason. FFVII would probably be my second choice, especially after I heard One Winged Angel.

Either 7 or 9, I'd probably say 7 but not by much.

7 has the better tracks, but 9 has the better overall score in my opinion, because I like the way certain melodies and themes are repeated across certain pieces.

I say VII and X. VII's whole soundtrack was brilliant and emotional. One Winged Angel gives me chills...not the good kind either. Aeris' theme was always sad in a pretty way. It could really pull at the strings of your heart. X's soundtrack was emotional too but not as good as VII. Personally, I love the ending theme for it was the most moving song for me. Suteki Da Ne was very sweet but the orchestra version was sad after yuna's speech in the end. It kind of made me want to cry lol. I love the piano version of Besaid. It just makes you feel good when you hear it.

I hate to give it more admiration than it deserves, but FFVII has some really great soundtracks. It´s really wonderful to listen to it ^^
Another great soundtrack (according to me) is the soundtrack from Final Fantasy (the first one) since I like the game and the music has an epic twist to it :3

I thought that VIII and X has the best set of music. I can feel like I've been to the world in FF8 and to Spira and some of the piece are so great I can listen to it over and over again.

FF5 is also worth mentioning. I'm obsessed with the theme when we had to go over the bridge and fight Gilgamesh.:P

Back