Who here thought the love scene with Tidus and Yuna was really beautiful.

To this day I'm not sure how I feel about that scene-- I liked Tidus and Yuna as characters, and I understood how the two of them could fall in love quickly under the circumstances (the knowledge that you're about to die concentrates the mind quite a bit!), but I didn't quite believe the love story at this point in the game-- IMO it becomes much more believable at the very end when both Tidus and Yuna have matured considerably.

That said, it's beautifully animated and I think Suteki Da Ne is a wonderful song, in large part because it's not a sappy love song-- it's specifically about people who want to be together but can't be. It's the beauty of the lyric "I want to go to your town, your home, into your arms", when they both know that Yuna can't ever do that.

hmm, the start was ok, she had a right cry like obv. think about it.. but it was good to see tidus tryin to make her feel better.. however, when they started flyin around n laughin at each other, it all jus got a bit stupid lol

It f'ing Sucked. Thats all i have to say.
I agree. They should have done something more than just a kiss :wacky:

It was quite odd. I didn't see that coming. I noticed that Tidus likes Yuna but I had no idea that Yuna felt the same way about him. The whole underwater bit was nice (completely impossible though). Yuna was crying and Tidus suddenly kissing her doesn't seem right. Unless he was like 'Man, she is so hot when she is crying! Why don't I kiss her?' in his mind. I don't get it, why did he choose to kiss Yuna at such a moment. Maybe ecause they were by themselves for the first time.
The only person (or beast) who saw this was Kimahri and after the scene you can see him smile and then walk away.
I laughed my arse off :wacky: (I know it's not funny :))

I agree. They should have done something more than just a kiss :wacky:

It was quite odd. I didn't see that coming. I noticed that Tidus likes Yuna but I had no idea that Yuna felt the same way about him. The whole underwater bit was nice (completely impossible though). Yuna was crying and Tidus suddenly kissing her doesn't seem right. Unless he was like 'Man, she is so hot when she is crying! Why don't I kiss her?' in his mind. I don't get it, why did he choose to kiss Yuna at such a moment. Maybe ecause they were by themselves for the first time.
The only person (or beast) who saw this was Kimahri and after the scene you can see him smile and then walk away.
I laughed my arse off :wacky: (I know it's not funny :))
Maybe he kissed her because he didn't know what else to do. *shrug* I mean, when a girl starts crying, a guy can't just be like "Hey, cheer up! :3" especially in this case. What could he do, pat her on the shoulder and say "Don't worry, Yuna, it's okay that you have to sacrifice your life for a world full of people who hate you!" >.>; Or maybe kissing her was his way of saying that there's at least one person out there who likes/loves her. Or... maybe he wanted to shut her up. xD

Well Tidus kissed Yuna out of Love so they can be together and go to Zanarkand together. This Scene was just Beautiful and Yuna was just so happy and she got into the kissing and dirty buisness. Again it was the best choice of songs. Suteki Da Ne makes me always happy and I do not know why.

I loved this scene, and as others have stated the song definetly fits the moment. Probably my favorite scene of the game other than the Operation Mi'hen(sp?)

Yeah, see, after playing so many RPG's, I was always like "Why don't they just tell each other they lov each other. hug, kiss, and get on with it?!!!"

And then I played X and discovered why.

Totally cringe-worthy, awkward, too long, just...what?

Plus, my friend (someone who is very much NOT into Final Fantasy) was watching me play it for the first time when I got to that scene. We were both like..."uhhh...so...anyways."

And then I had to stop. Haha.

Back