Why aren't dinosaurs in the bible?

Adam and Eve... Where are thou dinos?

This thing always got to me... Okay. In the bible, God created a man - Adam and a woman - Eve. They ate the forbidden fruit and were banished from heaven. They lived their lives on Earth and they had many children. Their children had children and so on. And that's how we came.

In science. Man came from an ape. Homo erectus to be percise. From Homo Erectus we formed into a modern human called Homo Sapiens.

Anyway that's not important. We are here to debate stuff about religion and here it is.

Eve usually cared for the animals. They were nice to her yada yada yada. But where were the dinosaurs???

Discuss Topic:

Where are thou Dinos?

Thanks so much ^_^ I didn't notice there was another one :P I feel drunk...
(MY POST IS OFF TOPIC PLEASE IGNORE IT!)

When given two different accounts as to what life forms we have seen (or might have proposed to have existed), there is no real way to know which one isthe correct one, except the evidence. The bible makes very small references to dinosaurs, if any, and some people consider the references to dragons to be the dinosaurs, but if that were the case, then the dinosaurs the bible describes are "dinosaurs" that breath fire. Scientists beg to differ. The scientific concept of dinosaurs have been evidenced through fossils, and studied. In fact, there's been a consistent record of dinosaur fossils, whose corpses have been well preserved as evidence. Yet, there is no evidence that any of these organisms "breathed fire".

What does that tell you?

When reading through the bible's assumptions that such "dinosaurs" (or dragons) that breath fire exist, this assumption has never been backed up, neither by explanations or by evidence (though the latter is strongly recommended). The reader only assumes that such an organism exists only because it is being described and told about in an account and being treated as truth, yet one need not do that in order to read such an account--such an assumption is not logical anyways. As mentioned before, not only do these "dinosaurs" breath fire and don't fit the natural definition of what we know as "dinosaurs", but they also appear achromatically, and should not be alive at the same time humans were. Such a violation of the criteria of what makes a dinosaur in the bible a dinosaur might make such a creature not really a dinosaur, but a creature or dragon that doesn't really exist--there has been no evidence that these creatures did indeed exist. There is no reason to believe that if such humans at that time could also easily be fossilized, then such dragons should as well--the probability they didn't is quite improbable. Yet, no evidence has been found.

Scientists, on the other hand, make no assumptions about the fossils or organisms they see or might propose to have existed, except to test if their assumptions might be correct. Their findings are well detailed and as objective as much as possible, and strive not to make up stuff they don't understand. What they have found this way is that dinosaurs, as we have come to know them and accept the term for them, existed before humanity existed, and if not for the fossils, and possibly other evidences, we would not know they existed. There was also no evidence that these dinosaurs breathed fire.

As for why there aren't dinosaurs in the bible, this is not a question of the validity of the bible versus the validity of science--that's already been made painstakingly clear. One need only see that those who don't understand or use the methods of science would have difficulty seeing that dinosaurs did exist. It was merely assumed that they did not exist and were irrelevant to culling the masses, or whatever other moral purpose the bible writers might have had in mind. Thus they did not believe it necessary to mention the existence of dinosaurs, even if you believed they did know of them (something I'd consider highly improbable).

Hmmm. I really think if God wanted us to know, then he would find a way to tell us. I think that is just one of the things that God isn't to concerned with letting us know right now. Someday we will truely find out, when we can ask him ourselves. Until then, just trust that he will tell us the things that are important and the things that we need to know. =) Plus, it wouldn't be any fun if we knew the answers to everything.

Hmmm. I really think if God wanted us to know, then he would find a way to tell us. I think that is just one of the things that God isn't to concerned with letting us know right now. Someday we will truely find out, when we can ask him ourselves. Until then, just trust that he will tell us the things that are important and the things that we need to know. =) Plus, it wouldn't be any fun if we knew the answers to everything.

We aren't born knowing the answers though. In fact, we weren't born knowing that dinosaurs existed before us. It's not fun to be spoonfed the answers, but it's not fun waiting in suspense for the answer to appear without doing anything either.

I was just a few minutes away from joining in Sir Auron's debate about creationism and evolitionism, but as I was reading through the topic, I saw a really interesting question: why aren't dinosaurs mentioned in the bible?
Now that I think back about it...I have asked this question multiple times, and no one has ever been able to answer it. I even attended a christian school for an entire year, in which I had to attend bible classes (what a bore). Anyhow...I asked my "pastor" this question before and he totally blew me off and changed the topic multiple times.

So...what's the answer?

Since I'm not a religious person I dont care for reading the bible and things like that. But I saw this topic and thought I would look in on it. I think that dinosaurs arent in the bible because noone has ever really said god made the dinos. From what I do know god made the world in 6 days I think. And he rested on the 7th. In those six days he made light/dark, man/woman and every other plant and animal.

If you look at the things he made he made another thing that was opposite. As I said man/woman and light/dark. What was the opposite things for dinos?

Another reason I have is that the bible is nothing more then a book, written a long time ago before they really knew about dinos. IMO religion is nothing more then people following a book that was made hundreds of years ago. Your pastor doesnt have the answer to your question because the bible doesnt answer it for him.

Its not the he blew you off on person but "god" didnt write it in the bible and your pastors life revolves around the book. So another reason is because when they wrote the book they didnt know about dinos. I hope that made sense to you. It makes sense in my head.

sorry for reviving an obviously old topic but i read this and i thought to myself why should the bible mention a word coined in 1842 also they are mentioned in Job i have an excerpt from http://www.clarifyingchristianity.com/dinos.shtml that explains it

"Behemoth has the following attributes according to Job 40:15-24
  • It “eats grass like an ox.”
  • It “moves his tail like a cedar.” (In Hebrew, this literally reads, “he lets hang his tail like a cedar.”)
  • Its “bones are like beams of bronze,
    His ribs like bars of iron.”
  • “He is the first of the ways of God.”
  • “He lies under the lotus trees,
    In a covert of reeds and marsh.”
Some bibles and study bibles will translate the word “behemoth” as “elephant” or “hippopotamus.” Others will put a note at the edge or bottom of the page, stating that behemoth was probably an elephant or a hippopotamus. Although an elephant or hippopotamus can eat grass (or lie in a covert of reeds and marsh), neither an elephant or a hippopotamus has a “tail like a cedar” (that is, a tail like a large, tapered tree trunk). In your kid’s dinosaur book you will find lots of animals that have “tails like a cedar.”
We would expect behemoth to be a large land animal whose bones are like beams of bronze and so forth, so whatever a behemoth is, it is large. A key phrase is “He is the first of the ways of God.” This phrase in the original Hebrew implied that behemoth was the biggest animal created. Although an elephant or a hippopotamus are big, they are less than one-tenth the size of a Brachiosaurus, the largest (complete) dinosaur ever discovered.[1] A Brachiosaurus could therefore easily be described as “the first of the ways of God.”
Comparing all this information to the description in your kid’s dinosaur book, you may come to the conclusion that “behemoth” is not a normal animal, it is a dinosaur—the brachiosaurus. We agree with that conclusion!
  1. Note: Some paleontologists have found fragmentary leg bones, ribs, or vertebrae which they propose belong to “new” sauropods larger than Brachiosaurus. Examples of these include Amphicoelias, Argentinasaurus, Sauroposeidon, Seismosaurus, Supersaurus and Ultrasaurus. There currently is not enough evidence to really determine the size of any of these, and some paleontologists believe that they are merely large examples of known dinosaurs like Brachiosaurus or Diplodocus. In any case, only the “modern scientific name” of behemoth would change. The point would still remain that behemoth refers to a dinosaur, not a “modern animal” like an elephant or hippopotamus.
ball4.jpg
Leviathan has the following attributes according to Job chapter 41, Psalm 104:25,26 and Isaiah 27:1. This is only a partial listing—just enough to make the point.
  • “No one is so fierce that he would dare stir him up.”
  • “Who can open the doors of his face, with his terrible teeth all around?”
  • “His rows of scales are his pride, shut up tightly as with a seal; one is so near another that no air can come between them; they are joined one to another, they stick together and cannot be parted.”
  • “His sneezings flash forth light, and his eyes are like the eyelids of the morning. Out of his mouth go burning lights; sparks of fire shoot out. Smoke goes out of his nostrils, as from a boiling pot and burning rushes. His breath kindles coals, and a flame goes out of his mouth.”
  • “Though the sword reaches him, it cannot avail; nor does spear, dart, or javelin. He regards iron as straw, and bronze as rotten wood. The arrow cannot make him flee; slingstones become like stubble to him. Darts are regarded as straw; he laughs at the threat of javelins.”
  • “On earth there is nothing like him, which is made without fear.”
  • Leviathan “played” in the “great and wide sea” (a paraphrase of Psalm 104 verses 25 and 26—get the exact sense by reading them yourself).
  • Leviathan is a “reptile [a] that is in the sea.” (Isaiah 27:1) [a] Note: The word translated “reptile” here is the Hebrew word tanniyn. This shows that “Leviathan” was also a “tanniyn” (dragon).
Unlike behemoth, who is huge, Leviathan is ferocious and terrifying. Many references (we have not listed them all) refer to the sea, so Leviathan is probably a sea creature. Although some bibles refer to Leviathan as an alligator or crocodile (and both of these are fierce) neither of these is a sea creature. They like the water, but they spend much of their time on land. Further, the question “Who can open the doors of his face. . . .” implies that nobody can open Leviathan’s jaws. Although an alligator's jaws cannot normally be forced open, a punch to their sensitive snout or poke in eye might startle them enough to release their grip.[2] Although this is a good description of an alligator characteristic, it does not fit perfectly with the description of Leviathan, which in the context of the Bible was supposed to describe an essentially impossible event, and we are not done yet.
The description of the scales is interesting. Several verses describe these great scales. Compared to Leviathan’s armor, iron is like straw and arrows ca not make it flee. Let’s face it, an arrow can do a lot of damage to a crocodile or alligator. This is not a description of either of them—or any living animal we are aware of.
And now for the key ingredient: fire. It is hard to read Job 41:18-21 without realizing the Bible is telling us that Leviathan breathes fire. That alone will eliminate almost every living animal. Yes, there is one animal like that in today’s world. It is called a bombardier beetle. This beetle is a native of Central America, and has a nozzle in its hind end that acts like a little flame thrower. It sprays a high-temperature jet of gas (fueled by hydroquinones and hydrogen peroxide with oxidative enzymes) for protection. Now, if a Central American beetle can do it, so could Leviathan. By the way, crocodiles and alligators are out of the picture on this one, don’t you agree?
Before we leave the topic of fire, there are two more notes you may find interesting:
  • The history of every culture is filled with stories of fire-breathing dragons. If you think about it, in all the past ages wouldn’t someone have made up a story of a fire-breathing lion or something? Nobody did because the dragon stories are based on truth, and only “dragons” breathed fire. It is easy to imagine Leviathan as a member of the dragon (tanniyn) family. (Plus, Isaiah 27:1 strongly implies this connection.)
  • Many fossil dinosaur skulls contain unexplained, empty passages. Scientists have not been able to guess the reason for these passages. Would it make sense that some dinosaurs used these passages as “gas tanks” for the combustible mixture used to “breathe fire?” We believe it does.
Comparing all this information to the description in your kid’s dinosaur book, you may come up with the conclusion that Leviathan is a kronosaurus. We have heard (and read) other suggestions, but the kronosaurus is the best match of any known creature to the description of Leviathan."

note:

I'm sorry that this is quite a big excerpt

Last edited:
Don't worry about reviving a dead topic. It is a very interesting dead topic, I wish I'd discovered before.

I'd be cautious when reading religious websites like that... Especially when they tell you to look at your kids dino book for reference! But a lot of the time these websites are set up to counter the arguements that God can't exist because we know there were dinosaurs, etc etc... So many christians jump on to things like this and write pages and pages of the stuff (I've read lots before, it's interesting, it really is, but it leaves a lot of factual information out). They're usually a little bit too biased really.

eg..
If you think about it, in all the past ages wouldn’t someone have made up a story of a fire-breathing lion or something?

There is. The Chimera is a fire breathing lion monster in Greek Mythology. Yeah it has 3 heads (lion, goat, serpent) but by my knowledge it wasn't only limited to the serpent head breathing fire and the lion head is largely regarded as the dominant head, as the body belongs to the lion.

But this DOES bring up some good points. And some good extracts from the Bible. I don't believe that the Leviathan or the Behemoth are normal animals. I do not think that at all. They are clearly monsters, of myth or reality. Whoever wrote the Old Testament could be carrying on the huge beacon of mythology that had been developing for centuries. A vast amount of creatures has came out of mythology in all cultures, and these passages clearly did the same thing. Were they real?

Perhaps. Perhaps bones were found of dinosaurs that led to them attributing said bones to monsters and terrible creatures that must have lived. They probably would have been unaware of the age of such finds, and thus perceived them as more recently deceased, and hence came to the assumption that such a beast must have caused havoc to those unlucky enough to meet it, and thus stories develop. We know that some ancients, particulary the Greeks, dug up fossils (a large quantity were found in some of Greeces islands), and these bones found their way on to vase paintings as monsters (see "Monster of Troy" vase of Heracles rescuing Hesione). I saw a documentary about Greeks and fossils a few years ago, which stated that they found many large bones and attributed them to that of giants, mythical monsters, and hero's. Such bones would be reburied with honour (if a hero) or placed outside a temple for people to see them.

Basically these stories of monsters aren't excactly made up all of the time. Perhaps they used strange bones they had discovered as reference for the monsters, or perhaps it is evidence that said monsters were the dinosaurs of which they may have found.

Fire breathing dragons... Now I am very interested in these. I would like to know where the first fire breathing monsters came from. Whether cultures are basing their descriptions on actual remains, or whether it just somehow became standard practice, or perhaps even an ephitet to monsters, that they were fire-breathers. One thing is for sure, the idea of a fire breathing dragon is very, very old, and has passed through most cultures. I find that beetle the article made reference to very interesting. I have no heard of it before, and wouldn't mind looking it up inmore detail. If it can indeed light fire, then it is quite possible that some dinosaurs may have also had such an ability... Perhaps we've found another cause for the catastrophe that wiped them out! They burned the forest down with their noses! :P

Seriously though, if such a beetle can do it, then I guess we can't rule it out that some animals could, in theory, throw fire. I just don't know how the people who wrote the descriptions (or even passed it on orally) would know about such creatures. If some happened to survive and were perhaps wiped out during ancient times (leads to good fiction), then that could explain a fair bit about mythology, but lessens the impact of the wonders of human imagination.

Last edited:
Actually, I thought the blue whale was the largest animal on Earth, and they didn't exist at the same time the dinosaurs did. At least I don't think they did. But they're not dinosaurs, which is the point, I guess.

I thought we discussed the issue with fire breathing creatures before, and it's rather complicated. But to say that one creature can do it, and therefore, another can, is taking it a bit too far. First of all, you need evidence that they can. Otherwise that's like saying we can fly like birds just because birds can do it, but to have the bone structure of a bird wouldn't allow us to function properly because we're much heavier and bigger than birds, and if our bones were to be as hollow and light as those of birds, we'd probably collapse. To say that there are passages of missing information on dinosaurs proves nothing. It just means there's either evidence missing because it was not preserved well, or we don't understand something. You can suggest that maybe that's where we should find that they breath fire, but it's entirely possible that's not the case. In other words, you can draw no such conclusion from something that doesn't exist.

From an evolutionary perspective, there is an explanation for how the beetle evolved such a mechanism that allows it to produce "fire", but the same might not be said of dinosaurs. If they have scales that protect them, and have claws and teeth to protect themselves and find the kinds of food they need, why do they need to have a mechanism to breathe fire? It is not an evolutionary advantage.

i would like to point out, with all due respect, that i did prove there are mentions of dinosaurs in the bible but maybe those are not good enough, even though the leviathan was said to breathe fire, so i point to the dragon mentioned in Isaiah13 verse 22

22 And the wild beasts of the islands shall cry in their desolate houses, and dragons in their pleasant palaces: and her time is near to come, and her days shall not be prolonged.

or Isaiah 27 verse 1

1 In that day the L[SIZE=-1]ORD[/SIZE] with his sore and great and strong sword shall punish leviathan the piercing serpent, even leviathan that crooked serpent; and he shall slay the dragon that is in the sea.

or Isaiah 34 verses 12 and 13

12 They shall call the nobles thereof to the kingdom, but none shall be there, and all her princes shall be nothing.
13 And thorns shall come up in her palaces, nettles and brambles in the fortresses thereof: and it shall be a habitation of dragons, and a court for owls.

or Psalms 74 verse 13

13 Thou didst divide the sea by thy strength
thou brakest the heads of the dragons in the waters.

or Psalms 91 verse 13

13 Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder:
the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet

or Psalms 148 verse 7

7 Praise the L[SIZE=-1]ORD[/SIZE] from the earth,
ye dragons, and all deeps:

i know these were not in order nor are they in context but they do mention dragons and remember the word dinosaur did not exist back then so they put the word that most fit.

note: i was typing this before Tessbot posted her comment

other note before i forget: if you want to we can turn this into a discussion on whether or not dinosaurs co-existed with humans or not but it would have to be taken somewhere else like say a new topic

Last edited:
The problem I have with this is that they assert the dragons to be living alongside with human beings, which is historically and scientifically inaccurate. No human being was alive when dinosaurs (doesn't matter really what you wish to call them) existed, so either they're speaking of a mythological species which doesn't bear much of a resemblance to real dinosaurs, or is simply just a fantasy based off of them, but it would be an inaccuracy to attribute dinosaurs as we know them today with the "dragons" of the bible because in truth, they share only a few similar characteristics.

It doesn't really matter how many times you describe these dragons in the bible and assert that they are dinosaurs, they simply aren't the same. And because they aren't, saying they amount to the same is inaccurate. If you don't like it that way, I could also say that when we say there was no mention of dinosaurs in the bible, there is no mention of the extinct species of reptiles that lived before humanity did, and that we have discovered through fossils, and do not know to breathe fire; not the fantasy species of creatures, of which some have breathed fire and lived with humanity, and might be as arbitrarily large or as evil as you want them to be.

i get what you are saying here and you don't have to be mad to make a point i know that the dragons described in mythology do not bear the slightest resemblance to dinosaurs most of the time, but we are not talking about the dragons of mythology here. Where in those passages or, anywhere in the bible that you would like to point out, does it describe dragons as huge scaly things with 4 legs and wings?

note: take a look at my last not of my last post

that is assuming that dinosaurs did not co-exist with these things and if so i would like for you to create a new topic and talk about that there or do you want me to?
also does Leviathan sound like like a scaly creature with four legs and wings? no, it is a sea creature

Last edited:
ok so you can talk about weather or not dinosaurs and humans co-existed in this thread and you do not have to read past posts in order to criticize current ones. so i will continue on those lines by posting the description of leviathan again though i am posting the full description him this time

Job 41

1Canst thou draw out leviathan with an hook? or his tongue with a cord which thou lettest down?
2Canst thou put an hook into his nose? or bore his jaw through with a thorn?
3Will he make many supplications unto thee? will he speak soft words unto thee?
4Will he make a covenant with thee? wilt thou take him for a servant for ever?
5Wilt thou play with him as with a bird? or wilt thou bind him for thy maidens?
6Shall the companions make a banquet of him? shall they part him among the merchants?
7Canst thou fill his skin with barbed irons? or his head with fish spears?
8Lay thine hand upon him, remember the battle, do no more.
9Behold, the hope of him is in vain: shall not one be cast down even at the sight of him?
10None is so fierce that dare stir him up: who then is able to stand before me?
11Who hath prevented me, that I should repay him? whatsoever is under the whole heaven is mine.
12I will not conceal his parts, nor his power, nor his comely proportion.
13Who can discover the face of his garment? or who can come to him with his double bridle?
14Who can open the doors of his face? his teeth are terrible round about.
15His scales are his pride, shut up together as with a close seal.
16One is so near to another, that no air can come between them.
17They are joined one to another, they stick together, that they cannot be sundered.
18By his neesings a light doth shine, and his eyes are like the eyelids of the morning.
19Out of his mouth go burning lamps, and sparks of fire leap out.
20Out of his nostrils goeth smoke, as out of a seething pot or caldron.
21His breath kindleth coals, and a flame goeth out of his mouth.
22In his neck remaineth strength, and sorrow is turned into joy before him.
23The flakes of his flesh are joined together: they are firm in themselves; they cannot be moved.
24His heart is as firm as a stone; yea, as hard as a piece of the nether millstone.
25When he raiseth up himself, the mighty are afraid: by reason of breakings they purify themselves.
26The sword of him that layeth at him cannot hold: the spear, the dart, nor the habergeon.
27He esteemeth iron as straw, and brass as rotten wood.
28The arrow cannot make him flee: slingstones are turned with him into stubble.
29Darts are counted as stubble: he laugheth at the shaking of a spear.
30Sharp stones are under him: he spreadeth sharp pointed things upon the mire.
31He maketh the deep to boil like a pot: he maketh the sea like a pot of ointment.
32He maketh a path to shine after him; one would think the deep to be hoary.
33Upon earth there is not his like, who is made without fear.
34He beholdeth all high things: he is a king over all the children of pride.

now is the part where i go into the other part of your previous post that dinosaurs and people never co-existed in the bible no death existed before Adam and Eve sinned so the fact that we know dinosaurs existed begs the question if no death existed before Adam and Eve sinned then why does the bible not mention them? I am answering that question according to what the bible said and the fact that the word dinosaur didn't exist before 1841-1842.

on a side note i am glad that you are not angry like Tessbot and i am sorry i did not fully comprehend the rules

another side note as i reread your post which was modified as i was writing this the change in the description of a dragon can change through mythology because there were different types of dinosaurs also this is taking out the fact that stories were often embellished by men and that although the bible did not go into specific types , besides leviathan and behemoth, it did say there were dragons of the land and dragons of the sea

Last edited:
science is ever expanding and evolving just because we do not know about any dinosaurs that breathed fire it does not mean that in the future we will not hear about it

and as for the heart of stone it may be a metaphor like heart of gold means a kind person heart of stone could mean brave and unafraid also his scales were had as stone but they do not survive because they are biodegrade but i personally don't know for certain and cannot and anything i have to say about it without personally knowing the creature is pure speculation.

also the bible never says that dragons were few it most of the time uses the plural sense of the word which means there must have been large numbers also just because there were billions of dinosaurs does not mean that there were billions roaming around at the same time and at the same place.
They also had man to worry about even though god says no spear can pierce his skin does not mean they could not pierce other parts of its body and a big dinosaur may have been harder to kill than a lion but they had more meat and were slower than lions making them more attractive prey for humans which for that fact would not make lions suitable prey for the dinosaurs either.

Now, what about the small fast ones? I personally do not know but then again i can probably think of something with a little research.

note: i am not an expert on dinosaurs

Last edited:
Leviathan is a sea creature from greek and other mythologies. It's description changes in every mythology. Could you please present to me the description from the bibile?

I haven't heard of any Greek myth concerning Leviathan. As far as I know it is a purely Hebrew myth (a long with Behemoth). Perhaps under different names it can be claimed it exists in other cultures (eg Bahamut). But not to my knowledge does a Leviathan ever come into Greek Mythology.

Please do NOT backseat moderate. You are in no position to tell people what they may, or may not, discuss in a thread. Thank you.

I don't think he was trying to get in peoples way. He's new after all, and he just wanted to discuss that topic without trying to clog up this one. I don't think he was trying to be rude or anything.

Also, we know there were billions of dinosaurs, many more than humans, yet the bibles mention of them is sparse, why is it that when the bible mentions a dinosaur they are treated as rare and infinitely dangerous? (i.e the leviathan) When they should have been commonplace?

Well if we're to believe that man had come into contact with fossils, then they wouldn't be found very common place... and would seem very rare and fearsome. The ancients wouldn't know how old the creatures were, and thus observe through the lack of similar creatues living now that this must have been a lonesome but terrifying beast that died relatively recently.

Hmmm... But why are we looking for absolute accuracy? This is the ancient times we're talking about. When people find bones of dinosaurs, or even fossils of an early mammal in the past they weren't exactly going to know EXCACTLY how to fit it together. They made their own conclusions, speculated. They saw fierce teeth, and imagined what such a creature would look like. This is the way that some myths may have formed. Imaginations ran wild. They became cautionary tales, monsters heros faced, or in the case of the Bible, large forces to be reckoned with.

This is with the assumption that the Bible was written by men, and not by God himself (if he did write it himself, then he is a fool for missing out the first chapter in his creation of life).

As for whether dinosaurs could have survived... Well I'm no expert on dinosaurs either. I'm not convinced in the mass catastrophe that wiped them all out but left other species to live another day. With NO dinosaurs surviving at least a little while longer. But hey, that is the general view. Perhaps some did survive, in remote jungle areas where they are not in contact with man.. But I doubt we've really interacted with dinosaurs through history if some did happened to survive. If some did, they'd likely be smaller, and in forests we have yet to visit (if found, we'd probably just label them lizards now). They wouldn't be roaming the hills of Greece, the Middle East, Egypt or any other area with a significant population at the time.

They also had man to worry about even though god says no spear can pierce his skin does not mean they could not pierce other parts of its body and a big dinosaur may have been harder to kill than a lion but they had more meat and were slower than lions making them more attractive prey for humans which for that fact would not make lions suitable prey for the dinosaurs either.

Now, what about the small fast ones? I personally do not know but then again i can probably think of something with a little research.

note: i am not an expert on dinosaurs

Ok. We can stop there :P. I don't want this image of T-rex's roaming the countryside of the Bronze Age hunting lions, and avoiding human spear throw. That's a crazy thought.

Last edited:
thank you Decado sorry i was typing this while you were typing yours and as for small dinosaurs i mentioned that because the bible does not mention that and i was wondering what you thought about that but i do know the bible mentions a flying serpent in isaiah 30 verse 6

6 ¶ The burden of the beasts of the south.
¶ Into the land of trouble and anguish from whence come the young and old lion, the viper and fiery flying serpent, they will carry their riches upon the shoulders of young asses, and their treasures upon the bunches of camels, to a people that shall not profit them.

but it does not specifically mention small ones

Last edited:
There are many greek myths involving giant sea serpents... Obviously the names change, since the point i was making is they are MYTHS, not actual things =P...

Sorry, it's just that you implied that Leviathan was a Greek myth. The name Leviathan is not Greek, but yes there are indeed sea serpents in Greek mythology.... Lots of them.

Actually, not it's not. The general view is that because of the change in temperature and climate, and because most of the dinosaurs food sources had perished, small mammals became more successful, and the dinosaurs had to adapt to survive. It's called evolution =)

Well everytime I have discussed dinosaurs, I have always thought that not ALL dinosaurs would have died, but perhaps adapted and changed. But the general view (or at least what I have always been told the general view was) presented is this huge catastrophe of a giant meteor hitting the earth, followed by centuries of climate change, lack of food supply etc etc that all happened to fall onto the dinosaurs killing them all. I beleive that such probably happened, but that survivors would, as you say, be forced to evolve. Possibly even into birds. But some remain lizard-like, and some may even (in remote areas yet to be found) remain dinosaur-like.

What year was the bible written in? I believe it was a time before people even knew that such a thing excists. Only after about a thousand years later an archaeologist would discover that dinosaurs did in fact excist.
The whole bible might change because of that discovery so they didn't bother writing them in.

Back