Why did you buy it?

I was bored n my mum wanted me to check out some games so i could get more acquinted with the art work of all kinds of games (cause i was learning how to do 3D graphic arts)I only picked Kingdomhearts cause it had Goofy.When I bought i went right to playing it n loved it(cause of all the cute disney character )

My girlfriend at the time wanted this game. She was all like, "Square made this new Disney RPG." and I was all like, "What is this world comin to?" She bought it anyways, and I was watching her play it and noticed Tidus and Wakka and Selphie, but as little kids. I didn't know what to think. I decided to play the game, and just sorta started liking it. When KH2 came out I had to have that one too.

I bought it because I love Square Enix and deep inside I love Disney. I'd also heard good reviews and a friend told me it had a good story(I love good stories!). All in all I just didn't know what to expect but now that I'm playing it, I'm loving every minute!I'm currently playing this as well as FFX

Ooh, I bought this game because I thought it would be a great break from just playing Final Fantasy all the time. :lol:
Of course this is kind of like Final Fantasy but it had a unique twist anyways so I bought it.

That's the second RPG I bought for my PS2 by the way. :lol:

My stepdad had it, and I wanted to play it cuz it had FF characters in it. I actually played it for the first time at a best buy. I didnt really like it at first, but that was years ago, I recently bought the first and second one. I beat the first one and loved it and am currently playing through the second one and loving it as well. Too bad I dont have a DS to play Chain of Memories on...oh well.

I originally got Kingdom Hearts because I'd heard a lot of good things about it, and I'm a big Disney fan. I enjoyed the game a lot, and Squall quickly became my favorite character. That led me to buying and playing Final Fantasy VIII, and, in turn, the other Final Fantasy games too :)

The first time I saw KH1 I wasnt really into the whole Disney thing, though I saw there was some final fantasy stuff in it, and im a huge fan of FF so I bought it and tried it out.

I actually bought KH1 and 2 at the same time but played 1 first for the storyline.

Plus alot of people said it was a good game and the clerk said if I liked FF id probably like KH, and i loved it!

I was never really interested in at first until I saw a couple of friends playing it... it looked aright so I went and got myself of copy, played and finished it.

I’m not really all that huge of fan of the Kingdom Heart series, certainly not as much as Final Fantasy, but I do enjoy playing them. In fact, I bought Kingdom Hearts II a while ago, but have yet to actually finish it.

I bought it 'cause everyone who liked Final Fantasy recommended it. I wasn't so sure if it would be any good, and was also afraid the story line may lead moer towards being childish. Sure, it didn't end up being childish, but I still disliked it. >_< The battle system wasn't really my kinda thing, either. =/

i bought the first one after the second one and the only reason i bought it was because i was curiose as to why you dont fight all 13 members of organization XIII but it turns out you beat some of them in the first game

I bought it because I had already completed KHII, and just wanted to see the first chapter they were constantly refering to.

I had not played any FF-titles at that moment.

i bought the first one after the second one and the only reason i bought it was because i was curiose as to why you dont fight all 13 members of organization XIII but it turns out you beat some of them in the first game

Are you sure? My experience is that those members didn't appear before in Chain of Memories - the GB-interlude. But I could be wrong, I've just played through the first title once, and I have not tried to beat those voluentary bosses (like The Shadow), so maybe I've lost out on a side story.

Last edited:
just because of the final fantasy influence.....and i STILL haven't played either of them yet KH2 is still in its wrapper and iv only done an hour or two on KH

I played it because it was a Square game. So I thought Id give it a shot. Im not usualy a fan of Disney, but I liked how they interacted with Final Fantasy characters.

I got it because i had played it a few years ago at my cousins house for about a half hour. When i finally bought a ps2 i got it because it was pretty cool when i played it at my cousins house. Now im pretty much addicted to the series and it helped me understand and get into Final Fantasy a little bit better too.

I was actually rather shocked to hear Square and Disney teaming up. Which seemed like an awesome combination to me since I'm a fan of both. Gosh, I should replay it. I haven't played it for a few years.

I almost thought this said WHEN did you buy it... and for that I have no clue... I cant remember things like that but WHY did I buy it... hmm it looked interesting enough and usually if it looks interesting to me, Im rarely disappointed...

Honestly, I blame the Kingdom Hearts commercial.

I wasn't really into gaming at the time at all. I was around 10 years old when that commercial came around so I got really excited when I saw it. Firstly, the music was great. Utada's Simple & Clean, also the commercial had a profound effect. At the end when the guy says, "You'll never know who you'll run into next", REALLY made a good impression and urge for me to buy a PS2 and get the game. I didn't get the game till much later though, around when Christmas came I got it.

Now I am a gamer. Thank god.

Back