A Story of A Love... A CloudxAerith Club

My favorite Clerith pic:

sample_c61df30d3a4974fbdac873e39585ee0b39ca6263.jpg

Cloud's hand is cute.XD

His hand is what you're looking at? o_O

Aerith's eyes bother me for some reason.. they're too... round and big... I dunno. :hmmm:

So what do you guys think of Cloud and Aerith supposedly only knowing each other for 2-3 weeks?

Whether Cloud and Aerith only knew each other for a day, a week, or three weeks--people have to realize that during that *short* period of time, Cloud managed to grow so close to this woman that his heart and mind shattered from her death, a death that threw him into a painful depression that only she, the women he felt he failed to protect, could heal him from. They grew so close to each other, that their stars of destiny were said to be perfect for each other and their destinies even collided together to become one.

The opposing side of the LTD also has to realize these two people-that only knew each other for 2-3 weeks- had managed to become *so close* that they started their own world together, built their own bond that neither shares with anyone else. Cloud grew so close to Aerith that he was able to hear and feel her voice and being in his soul. They even became so close to each other that Aerith was able to enter Cloud's dreams. Cloud felt such a strong attachment to Aerith that above all else, above Tifa, his hometown, and even his mother, he wanted to defeat Sephiroth to unfreeze Aerith's smile.
Cloud grew so close to Aerith that when Sephiroth was laughing behind him and going on about how he was going to kill the planet and everyone on it, Cloud told him the cycle of nature and his stupid plan to kill everyone meant nothing because Aerith was gone.

Cloud and Aerith managed to become *so close* to one another in only 2-3 weeks that Aerith's soul now lives on inside of Cloud's; making their souls one. Cloud managed to grow so attached to Aerith that she is now eternally engraved in his heart and he still, to this day, has an undying "feeling" for her.

So, I don't care what amount of time SE say Cloud and Aerith knew each other for. No matter what period of time Cloud and Aerith were given, they managed to accomplish all of the above and that's way more than I can say for any other couple. And to me, their short time of knowing each other just made their love that more bittersweet and shows just how strong their eternal bond is.

And if you ask me, I don't think a man and a women would do any of what I posted above* if they were just friends*.

Well, about the time period of FFVII I find it unbelievably confusing when I try to rap my mind around it on one hand they do all these impossible little adventures in 2 weeks on the other we have Cloud getting to the forgotten capital within hours in AC. :/

I think that no matter how long Aerith and Cloud knew each other nothing changes that they built and unbreakable bond and connection with each other.

Final Fantasy Art Collection Cards

Agreed, that's basically what I wrote, too. :3

Also, here's some goodies;
FFVII card collections 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8,

I'll just post the Clourithy stuff;

#056 Stealing the Planet from Mother…
Calamity from the skies… Aerith who sells flowers in Midgar saw the commotion and felt uneasy. (something about Avalanche against ShinRa) At the same time, Cloud joins Avalanche in their bombing activities.
Aerith meets Cloud and their destinies collide.They start a journey to the Promised Land. A battle that puts the Planet’s future at stake takes place.
This one is so romantic with saying Cloud and Aerith's destinies collide. For their destinies to "collide" that means they share the same destiny.
#065 AERITH GAINSBOROUGH
Going to the Promised Land…
The fated meeting with Cloud wavers the fate of Aerith.The Cetra language that Aerith heard from her mother when she was young. A person who nurtures the Planet. As the last of the Ancient race, she takes it as her responsibility to go to the Promised Land that she has not seen. Aerith sees traces of Zack in Cloud and her very pure heart leads her to develop a liking for Cloud.

“Well then, let's see...... How about if I go out with you once?”
(Payment for Cloud.)

“No, Cloud... I'm searching for you...”
(First and last date.)
This one is about Aerith and Cloud's date. See how it says their date is their first and last? Makes it all the more tragic... It also says Cloud and Aerith's meeting is "fated" so bittersweet right?
#078 Aerith who sleeps in Cloud’s hands. Mysterious black birds that flock in the dark room seem to be trying to lure Aerith into death. The black dress that surrounds Aerith’s body gives the strong image of a burial.
I just love how it says Aerith is asleep in Cloud's hands.
#079 Birds, butterflies and unbelievable/mysterious animals are in the midst of protectingCloud, who tries to hold the fallen Aerith up.His eyes and his hands have the feeling of a final parting. We can feel his gentleness and sadness towards Aerith.
I just love we get told of Cloud's "gentleness and sadness" towards Aerith.

#111 The Planet’s largest amusement park is run by Dio. Cloud and company visit this place many times in their battle. They meet Cait Sith here. A promised date that ends in a magical night. In the city of desire that floats above the sands, the light memory of the two people is asleep even now... (??!!)

“I think I must have seen him again, in you... But you're different. Things are different... No, Cloud... I'm searching for you...”
City of desire?! Promised date that ends magically? Am I the only one that gets the vibe Cloud and Aerith made love?
#116 Sephiroth who holds all the power to change the fate of this Planet. Aerith goes to the City of the Ancients in order to stop Meteor. When the two opposing strong thoughts and meanings clash,a sad parting hits Cloudand company. Aerith who summons Holy on the altar in the water is suddenly attacked by Sephiroth’s long sword. The life that was returned to the Planet cannot return again.
“What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My eyes are burning!”
I love how they make it so personal for Cloud.
#117 Cloud who buries Aerith in the lake in the Forgotten City as a final parting. The summoning of Holy changed her life in the end. Aerith saves the Planet with the Lifestream. As she is the only survivor of the Ancient race, the strong mission to live the fate pushes Cloud and company along. Above that, it is in order not to lose the thing they must protect.

“The secret is just up here. At least it should be. ...I feel it. It feels like I'm being led by something. Then, I'll be going now. I'll come back when it's all over.”
(In the Sleeping Forest, Aerith who appears in Cloud’s dream.)
I kinda take this as Aerith being that thing Cloud must protect. Especially since Cloud has said that above all else, he wants to defeat Sephiroth so he could unfreeze Aerith's smile.
#126 The answer from the Planet, the Promised Land. Cloud who decides because of the consequences with Sephiroth finds an answer in himself. What kind of answer does the Planet give? Aerith’s prayer, everyone’s prayer, becomes one with Holy and moves Cloud and company out of the North Crater. They see the Lifestream’s light that surrounds the Planet, this is the Planet’s answer.

“......I think I'm beginning to understand. An answer from the Planet... the Promised Land... I think I can meet her... there.”
And of course we all know why this is so romantic.

I read the translation to the song Eternal Snow from the anime Full Moon Wo Sagashite and thought it was very clerith

Here they are:

Eternal Snow

How long has it been since I fell in love with you?
My feelings only increase
Will you notice them
Even though I've never once put them into words?

Like the snow, they just
Quietly keep accumulating

Hold me tight-
if this is how it feels
I didn't want to know
What it was like to be in love with someone
I love you- my tears won't stop
And so I wish
That I had never met you

How long will I be thinking of you?
My sighs fogged up the window glass
Can a candle flame
Still melt my trembling heart?

Hold me tight, tight enough to break me
So that even in an icy wind or a blizzard
I won't feel cold
I miss you- every time I think of you
Tonight, too, I hold
This half-finished muffler,

all alone If there was an eternally falling snow
Could it hide my feelings for you?

Hold me tight-
if this is how it feels
I didn't want to know
What it was like to be in love with someone
I love you- the feeling wells up in my chest
I want to shout to the wintery sky
"I want to see you right now"

And here is a Clerith video someone made using that song. It has the translation at the bottom

Last edited:
Daaawww, that does match them perfectly! Another great song that matches them is this song;

"Stand Inside Your Love" - By The Smashing Pumpkins
"You and me
Meant to be
Immutable
Impossible "

the "immutable" shows that they're love will survive, and then the "impossible" shows how they were ripped apart from each other.

"It's destiny
Pure lunacy
"

Cloud and Aerith's meeting has been stated to be destiny. I can relate the "pure lunacy" to Cloud because loving Aerith is lunacy since she was going to be taken from him.

"Incalculable
Insufferable "

This can show that they're love is so great but it's also painful because she's gone.

"But for the last time
You're everything that I want and ask for
You're all that I'd dreamed "

Cloud literally dreams of her, and only her.

"Who wouldn't be the one you love
Who wouldn't stand inside your love
Protected and the lover of
A pure soul and beautiful you "

Aerith is always stated to be a pure soul, and the "who wouldn't stand inside your love" can be for how she was mistreated in the past by Zack even though she deserves everything good.

"Don't understand
Don't feel me now "

Cloud and Aerith both don't understand a lot in their stories. And in VII and AC, Cloud can't "feel" Aerith because of his guilt.

"I will breathe
For the both of us "

Cloud living for Aerith after she's gone.

"Travel the world
Traverse the skies "

Cloud also travels the world...

"Your home is here
Within my heart
"

Nomura has said Aerith is engraved in Cloud's heart.

"And for the first time
I feel as though I am reborn
In my mind
Recast as child and mystic sage "

Cloud is technically reborn at the end of VII and AC.

"Who wouldn't be the one you love
Who wouldn't stand inside your love
And for the first time
I'm telling you how much I need and bleed for
Your every move and waking sound
"

Cloud is said to yearn for Aerith, he also tries desperately to hold her hand.

"In my time
I'll wrap my wire around your heart and your mind
You're mine forever now
Who wouldn't be the one you love and live for
Who wouldn't stand inside your love and die for
Who wouldn't be the one you love"

holy crap, i had no idea this was the new version of the CxA cloub :gonk:
Sign me up, please! :ohshit:

I have just always found their love as a real pure relationship that all bloomed when that reactor blew up. It's more than just a coincidence and I feel like they were meant to meet, it was fate, because look how far that took them both. Neither of them has had a more exciting adventure. And when she died, Cloud's dialogue was just so upsetting :( I've never seen a main character so attached to another one. CxA is just REAL love, a tragic but beautiful love. And hey, she's the reason Cloud smiled in Advent Children :P

Can you just imagine if she made it long enough for them to get married?
cloud-aerith-wedingHPp.jpg

They'd have a beautiful family. Aerith is already so motherly.

IMG_000605.jpg

This has to be the most lovely slideshow, it's perfect. And does anyone know who the artist is of this image? I see their style in a lot of Cloud and Aerith pictures... and some are also in the video.

I've never seen a main character so attached to another one. CxA is just REAL love, a tragic but beautiful love. And hey, she's the reason Cloud smiled in Advent Children
I most definitely agree about that!

And I agree about the smile thing. I mean, just look;
jgiqv5.jpg

And it's such a handsome smile, too.

Ooh! Channy! Those are SO cute!!! Thank you for posting them, girl! xD

You're very welcome. ^^

It was very hard considering I had Cloud's 'sword holding' hands on and couldn't find the other ones.. needed various poses and angles to make it look like he wasn't jerking it. >_>

Aww, you wrote the Lonely Hearts one, right? Because that's my top favorite, along with Love and Pain ^_^ With the small hint that their relationships doesn't end on a happy note... aww... so bittersweet... but mostly sweet. :x3:

Also here's a video I wanted to share a while back but I forgot about it WHOOPS, I asked my friend Abby to use this song but I didn't think she'd use CloudxAerith! It's short and colorful and beautiful :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhzceV_2bbc
(just a link, embedding doesn't like me very much :sad3:)

Back