Blitz

Blitzball good or bad

• Good

Votes: 54 77.1%
  • Bad

Votes: 16 22.9%

• Total voters
You know, I would love a seperate Blitzball video game; where you can play in different stadiums, where they give your characters a certain resistance, or the goals, or different, or maybe add a "home team advantage", and what not.

Horribly 'bad' when I look back on it. I clockd up 145 games through nothing more than sheer boredom in my life. I couldn't go back and play it again, apart from to win the necessary games to get Wakka's overdrive.

Wakka's overdrive was the hardest to get cuz of blitz, blitz is the worst minigame, really hard and boring, cant beilieve some ppl liked it 0.o

i have 3 words to describe blitzball:

kikimus buttimus maximus

you knwo they should make a game that has liek all the ff sidequest games.

i loss to start out but i got exp and other players became FA that i got a better team cause i had $$$ to buy them.

Blitzball is far too easy. Even the first game agains the Goers aint that bad if you know what your doing.

I keep the defult team throughout the game, apart from the Keeper. I tend to ditch Keppa for Jumal as soon as I can. With him on board not many goals get by and its not hard to gain the upper hand on the opposing team at all.

How can blitz be to easy i can remember having a few tough games like the first time you go up against Ronso fangs pain in the but they don't have good shot or block but there energy was hard to get through or the Al Bhed Psyches they have good attack and pass and block some of them even have good shot got me mad when i first went up against them

How can blitz be to easy i can remember having a few tough games like the first time you go up against Ronso fangs pain in the but they don't have good shot or block but there energy was hard to get through or the Al Bhed Psyches they have good attack and pass and block some of them even have good shot got me mad when i first went up against them
Yeah the only teams that give you a good run if you keep to your defult team more is the Psychs and Guado Glories due to their speed and ability to actually score goals against Jumal when he's at his weakest. And it can be hard to get through the Ronso Fangs but they wont score much against you if you have Jumal as Keeper so no real problem theyer. With the team I use I only lose 2 games at most if I dont draw them and theyer usually against thos teams (at the start, after a few seasons things change abit), the rest I win a piece of piss.

It was good .. however. It did have me sitting there falling asleep because it did become boring after playing it a while. There were a few tough matches when we started, but 99.9% were too easy when you get to recruit them strong, quick players.

It was good .. however. It did have me sitting there falling asleep because it did become boring after playing it a while. There were a few tough matches when we started, but 99.9% were too easy when you get to recruit them strong, quick players.
Exactly, hense why I tend to stick with the defult team. makes you pay attention more :lol:

Tho my first and strongest team must've been:

Tidus (SH)
Wakka (SH)
Tatts (MF)
Wedge (DF)
Ropp (DF)
Nimrook (GK)

I never could really get into it. It seems I am in the minority though, lol.

Yeah its a great minigame, but when you first play blitzball youll have to play against the Goers. They are too strong. I managed to beat them somehow. I only got a Strength Spear!...... thats it..... a Strength Spear!

You know you love blitzball hardcore when you try one of tidus' shots (i forget the name) while jumping off a diving board with a beach ball.

So many hours lost to blitzball. I loved every minute of it.

A big, BIG yes to blitzball. I suppose I should have taken my obsession as an early sign that I would be a big soccer (football) fan one day. Like a lot of other people, I didn't get the Jecht Shot on the boat and I lost to the Luca Goers in the first game, but I knew right away this mini-game was a keeper. I mean, I was a huge Triple Triad fan in the FFVIII era, but blitzball took mini-games to a new level. I compare all RPG mini-games to the depth and replayability of blitzball, now. Most of them lose.

I shook up my team and recruited a good mix of all the races at first, and that's when I got good at the game, making my way up the ranks. I think the Al Bhed Psyches gave me the most problems. Once I was confident in my skills, I got nostalgic and went to recruit all of the original Aurochs to my team again. That's when I started scoring for fun with the Jecht Shot 18 and such, really ruling the league.

...Favorite teams? Come on, you Zanarkand Abes! And Besaid Aurochs, of course.

Back