Bring Aerith Back

some of you guys don't seem to understand my simple thoughts. all i want is something set maybe a couple months after AC, where aerith is revived by some mysterious force, and her and cloud and the others reunite. no matter how stupid of an idea some of you guys think it is, i'd like to see it and thats just that.

Oh right! Sorry, duh! I completely got the wrong end of the stick. So you meant reviving as in raising Aeris from the dead!

I took reviving as in using a character from an old game in a new game, eg X2 and DoC! Thats what I was refering to lol!

The idea of reviving her from the dead can be seen as meh idea. Zombie Aeris lol!

It still wont work. SE can't do that or they will completely destroy The FF7 franchise, Imagine after that.
Cloud: Aerith! Im on low HP! Heal me!
Aerith: Okay! *Uses best limit break*
Sephiroth: What?!?! I can't hurt cloud! Nooooooooo!
*Clous hits Sephiroth*
*Sephiroth dies*
Cloud: YAY! we killed sephiroth! Aerith, Im gonna marry you and we now have stuffed up the FF7 franchise!
Everyone: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Vincent: It's about time I had a break...

Keep in mind that if Aerith didn't die, her final limit, if anyone of them, would not be as useful as it is.

However, the concept of Great Gospel causing everyone to talk like they're in a 3rd grade play amuses me.

Also, One reason why FF7 is so dramatic is because after bonding you and the characters so much you would cry during that scene. take away the scene and the game becomes terrible. so Square would never do it because then people who play it after watching the move say "so? she comes back anyway." and they recommend it to less people. then SE doesn't get enough money and loses a franchise.
In all actual fact you could give FF7 its own Series XD

I understand what you've been saying, Orichalcon... In the strict sense of reviving her to a permanent stauts of being alive, I cannot say I would like that. Her sacrifice was intended to be a very final ending to her life, and that allowed her to help Cloud and the gang so much more later on (FF:AC) than if she had still been alive...

Imagine if one of your close friends died, then suddenly came back a few years later? How freakin' weird would that be if they were just.. back? I understand that this is set in a game world, but the characters themselves are designed and written to have realistic personalities.... and I think that is one thing that wouldn't work, story-wise. I cannot think of a way to remove the awkwardness of the conversations they'd have... "So, how was living in the lifestream? Was it like, totally awesome when you made it rain on the whole city? I was amazed... yeah."

But as for what COULD work.... Maybe a short story written from Cloud's perspective where meets Aerith in a way similar to that seen in FF:AC. I am sure they could find a way to explain how a meeting could take place and let them have more than a few seconds to talk to each other. Maybe them jumping into the Lifestream itself would work, I dunno. But I don't see how the world would allow the literal physical body to return, even if for a short time.

All of this is assuming that Aerith wants to come back. The ending of FF:AC made me think she felt all her work was complete and it was time to move on for good.

That would be great :cool:
If she came back that would the game better for me anyway. I always wished that Tifa had died a not Aeris. :D It would took Cloud like an hour to get over her lol;)

View attachment 364

well if you read MoTP, it sure sounded like she wanted to be alive, so she could comfort cloud and all that jazz. she said that she would have comforted him and whatnot, had she not been the last remaining cetra with a mission she knew had to be completed.

Even in a dream scenario, or Cloud in the Lifestream, or something... having Cloud and Aeris' relationship resolved and everything explained and put to terms just detracts from the great drama and conflict of the FFVII-verse.

Crisis Core will deliver enough Aeris for everyone. There is not need to resurrect her. Besides that makes a lot of the story meaningless.

If she came back that would the game better for me anyway. I always wished that Tifa had died a not Aeris. :D It would took Cloud like an hour to get over her lol;)

He couldn't get over not being able to catch her for half his life. If Tifa had died, he'd probably turn into a useless mess.

well if you read MoTP, it sure sounded like she wanted to be alive, so she could comfort cloud and all that jazz. she said that she would have comforted him and whatnot, had she not been the last remaining cetra with a mission she knew had to be completed.

I did, and I see what you are saying. I am just pointing out that at the end of FF:AC it looks final. That last scene, to me, said that she was moving on.

I remember that when I played FFVII the first time, I kinda hoped and wanted to bring Aeris back. But later that changed, it's not because I don't like or have anything against her, it's just that, thats a part of the story and a huge part that makes it one of the best ever. Also I never wished Tifa would die instead of Aeris, thats just dumb, if you want that go write a story that brings her back and try to get it made into a game :P And I agree that there is no need to bring her back, that would just mess things up, and make Cloud and everyone's suffering over her loss meaningless, and kill the originality of the original story. :D

View attachment 364

If by "get over her" you mean "Turn into a complete and utter Gibbering mess", then yes. By Cloud's own words, Tifa was the only thing that kept him together right up until the North Crater, and it was she who brought him, the real him back. Cloud might even go into a permanent Berserker Blackout if such a thing happened.

I remember seeing her somehow revived in KH.

KH is an AU, and she was never dead in it, hence never being brough back from the dead.

But,well,I don't really think bringing her back would end the Cloud/Tifa and Cloud/Aeris stuff because people would still be like," No,Cloud belongs with Tifa!" or "Cloud and Yuffie! Why her!?" and stuff like that. ^_^

I think it would be great,though,if they did something that let everyone know who Cloud really has feelings for.

How about killing one of them off. Or having one of them be allowed to run willy nilly through his mind when the other can't even contact him. How about hearts connecting to each other in a desperate situation, or sharing an intimate moment, or heck, having Cloud ask one of them to be with him as he starts a new life. It'd be just skippy if they did stuff like that, wouldn't it?

No… I have to agree that this would ruin the entire original game itself. Don’t get me wrong, I think reviving Aerith is a cool idea that’s no doubt been kicked around for a long time. Anyway, like I said, it really does ruin the whole part of the original game’s story (Her sacrifice or maybe not, depends on how you viewed her death), in my opinion.

I think that's quite a good idea but I do think that Final Fantasy VII has been milked enough lol. I thought Aeris was an awesome character but a game like that might ruin the FFVII name. They would probably end up making the game bad anyway. Dirge of Cerberus got a lot of mixed reviews so who knows. I don't think I would like to see a game with Aeris but it is quite a nice idea. It would be good if Square-Enix took the time to make it a great game, otherwise no.

I remember that when I played FFVII the first time, I kinda hoped and wanted to bring Aeris back. But later that changed, it's not because I don't like or have anything against her, it's just that, thats a part of the story and a huge part that makes it one of the best ever. Also I never wished Tifa would die instead of Aeris, thats just dumb, if you want that go write a story that brings her back and try to get it made into a game :P And I agree that there is no need to bring her back, that would just mess things up, and make Cloud and everyone's suffering over her loss meaningless, and kill the originality of the original story. :D

I tought that too, I was angry and sad that they killed her in the game (the first time I played it when i was a child) but now I understand it haha. The only thing I would like too see is another interaction between Cloud and Aeris like the AC ones :).

does anyone else see the irony in fanboys of the series wanting to ruin the story by bringing back one of the characters?

Back