Fan Fiction Dissidia 012 Discussion

Oh wow, thank you for the link, Fusionist! I didn't know AnimeKitty answered the question xD

Hm, judging by what Anime said, there will be a limit. I hope its not too small. Actually, I hope doesn't really have a limit at all and you can just save the story on memory stick and then replay and share.

If there isn't a limit, people could make a better story (possibly?) than SE did xD

I smell love story spam with those two as well, A.A. It cannot be stopped when the flood of fandom pairing anger makes an appearance soon >.>

Personally, I will enjoy it just to create a more visually appealing fanfiction. Especially with Jecht, Kain, Buntz, Terra, Kain and Vaan. Maybe a awesome fighting story? xD

Square Enix released two official quests today for Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy. Official quests show new areas of the game's story and will be released periodically.

The two quests that became available today are: 012 Chiisa na Hana (featuring Frioniel and Laguna) and 012 Tashika ni Meta Kage (featuring Squall, Onion Knight and Vaan). You'll find screens here.

In Duodecim, players can make and upload quests similar to these to the game's Mog Web service. Square Enix says that it has received 5,000 original quests since the game's release last week. Total downloads have topped the 200,000 mark.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/03/11/dissidia_quests/

Taking fanfiction to a whole new more interactive level, ahhhh yeeeeaaaaah. I'm well looking forward to this, I think this'll give my creativity the kick it needs to actually see something through :awesome:

I'm also quite interested in these official quests and how they play out.

As for the whole limited thing, I think it means that you're restricted in terms of cutscenes, but you can go crazy with the text dialogue scenes.

I can't believe that many have already been produced though. I can only imagine how much it'll be by the end of the year. I'm seeing a lot of promise in this feature.

Hm....I certainly hope its not the restrictions I have in mind. I hope it allows a lot of customizing, at least.

I tested it out in Japanese, it seems only text can be given and the selection of an icon. Say I unlocked an icon of a moogle in sprite form, I could use that besides the dialouge and then a battle would start.

I hope there's more to it than what I could do and figure out, in Japanese. :hmm:

As for the whole limited thing, I think it means that you're restricted in terms of cutscenes, but you can go crazy with the text dialogue scenes.

I'm more concerned about the rating actually. I won't lie-I have plenty of pervy and crass story ideas for the Dissidia cast (mostly just crack because cross-overs tend to inspire such a desire). I wonder if S-E will allow such freedoms xD

I don't think they will restrict you from those things. Though, they might not allow it to be downloadable on their servers...

I'm hoping they'll include an age certificate/rating so fans can go nuts as long as they use the fitting rating.

And I can so see people going mad with pairings with the quest thing xD I'm glad you can use icons though as opposed to just the playable characters. Being able to use games outside of the game as long as they have an icon sounds awesome :awesome:

About time I get to read something about Terra, Buntz, Onion Knight and older characters. :/

Too bad its in Japanese. I see how even these scans advertise Cloud, Tidus, Terra and the others as well yet they play basically no role in this game... >.>

IGN has given Dissidia 012 9.0 in it review... which i think is higher than number 1......

they again put down the story..... and mutiplayer can lag real bad when battlefield gets full... and voice acting got put down (I sooo agree with this one)

I can understand the story being put down, not all that good. In a way, it decreased from the last one and they can't judge the voice acting as nearly all games with voice has terrible acting. But gameplay is very nice. The updates certainly have done it justice.

The new trailer...Eh, since I've always played. I'm a little angry it didn't show Terra but at the same time, glad. They shouldn't advertise her story wise since she only makes 1 appearance and 2 (or was it 3?) hidden battles within Report mode....

I keep reading about how the game won't appeal to a newer crowd but will appeal to the same people who had bought it the first time.

IGN has given Dissidia 012 9.0 in it review... which i think is higher than number 1......

Game Informer gave the game a 7.0.

I don't see how it wouldn't appeal to a newer crowd. :hmm: I'm not very happy with the game from playing the first and have meant four people so far (haven't really searched it out xD) that bought the game as a new comer and they only played FF13 or thought it would be like Smash Bros...

Last edited:
Meh, it's all opinions at the end of the day. I personally have hated games people loved and loved games people hated.

I admit it-I played the first game because I'm a FF fan, but I'm gonna play the second game because I managed to enjoy the first one enough to look into the second one.

Yeah, I figured that it was just all talk and speculation. There will always be critics, you know?

Anyway, who's downloading Prologus? I am, not now but sometime this week.

After thinking hard, I decided I to get the demo. If I enjoy the English release more than I did for the Japanese, I will probably enjoy this one. I can't play right now though, PSP charging. :/

Though I still don't know how to get Aerith on my game currently, I hope it won't be another waste >.>

prologus in english rocks only one slight problem mum asked what i was doing last night because lighting when she get hit sounds well like something else

Back