Fan Fiction Dissidia 012 Discussion

[03/3 First Look: Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy's Desperado Chaos]

Square Enix shows the new character and makes new announcements at the pre-release Nico Nico broadcast.

Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy's latest character Desperado Chaos made his debut at yesterday evening's pre-release Nico Nico Douga live broadcast. Someone grabbed a clip of the massive character battling it out with Gilgamesh. You can watch it here:

Desperado Chaos will have to be unlocked for use.

The event also saw the unveiling of fourth costumes for Zidane and Kuja. According to FF Reunion, these will be available as paid download content on PSN. Square Enix will also offer paid music downloads.

Square Enix also announced the winners of a couple of recent user content contests related to the game. You can see the results here

The MAD Play Video contest, received 250 submissions. The winner was Glow's "Story of Defeat in Face of the Final Battle" (this is just a guess at the name's translation). You can watch this video here (turn the comments off by clicking the button to the left of the 16x9 button below the playback window).

Runners Up included:

The FF Character Illustration contest saw 750 submissions. The winner was Holy War by Raito. Runners up included Light-san by Issun Boushi and 012 Prishe by Alyssa. You can see these submissions here:

Source: http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/03/03/dissidia_broadcast/

Here is a look of Cecil and Warrior of Light Alternative custom.

Dissidia-Warrior4th.png

Cecil_DLC.png

xSuF3BZ83RRih9nYbyJ1a63ekI3lsb27.jpg

http://dissidiaforums.com/showthrea...-Final-Fantasy-New-Media-Speculation/page1326

Ooh I saw them outfits on the FF Wikia image dump. Gotta say, I love the hood for Zidane, he works that look. And lol, Kuja looks like a pirate.

The submissions people made are beautiful. I put the first one my tumblr last night as it happens. :lew:

Glad they included sprite Cecil, I've never been a fan of the long white hair, I've always preferred him in sprite form.

And Desparado Chaos...looks like I see the potential new main for players aged 14 and under. :ffs: ¬_¬ Enough making Chaos playable but to make him into THAT beastly thing...not a good choice.

...Though just occured. Chaos + Shinryu = Desparado Chaos? 8(

lol, retro Cecil :lew:

To be honest, I got used to his prettier design in Dissidia, but it would be fun to play through with his original SNES design. I like how they included both his Dark and Light forms.

yeah

Tidus shirtless outfit nice :) Reminds me of Jecht, and he is also brainwashed... It will be interesting expierience ! Can't wait till 24.03.11 :) Cause in Europe then it will be released !!!

He doesn't seem to be brainwashed, just blinded by his hatred for Jecht. We all know how hellbent he was to settle the score, so it's no suprise he'd join Chaos just an excuse to fight him. That said...SE haven't confirmed much. I'm just going by the character, the point that his father is with Cosmos, and their relationship.

No one is brainwashed cept for their memories,Tidus joined Chaos since his Father is on the side of Cosmos ((Im betting he'll probably act like a guardian to yuna or something and Tidus will have run ins with yuna & Jecht which causes him to join cosmos later on))

Last edited:
yeah

Hmm maybe you guys right, but never know for sure. I guess we just have to wait and see on 22 and 24 March this year haha

^ I'd suspect you'd have to make sure you spoiler tag everything you wanna talk about then. I know I probably won't be able to play Duodecim until mid April, so I dun wanna get spoiled until then X_x

Even if it's cliche and stupid, I wouldn't mind Tidus being brainwashed. Mostly because it would just plain suck that Tidus joins the Chaos side because of some beef he has with his dad. I mean, really, that's just lame. I know people thought Tidus was annoying in FFX for his daddy issues, but if he actually "joined the dark side" because of them...

Holy.

Fucking.

Shit.

FMV Ending has been posted on youtube, kinda shocked that SE went the route they did, but it's awesome nonetheless.

SPOILER ALERT

An, because nobody else cares besides me, Mark and Cali, Aerith alter rips :ryan:

aerith02.jpg

aerith01.jpg

aerith03.jpg

Last edited:
I nearly spit out my drink watching that Video but it makes sense,makes me look forward to playing this ---->Spoiler Talk!!
OMG I CANT BELIEVE WE FINALLY SEE THE MANIKIN'S IN A FUCKING FMV!!I Also like how Cosmos stepped in and finally got her ass in motion,just have one question was that the Creature that started the whole war between Cosmos and Chaos or could it have been Cosmos' true form like Desperado Chaos???

Wow...that ending is pretty deep. It's awesome, but whoa... :sad3:

Incoming Spoiler!
I knew that they were going to die, but a part of me was also hoping that they didn't. It does make sense though. :(
And I was glad to see Cosmos finally in action. XD

...I think I'm right to give that Ending vid a wide berth. I'm determined to not spoil the plot for myself, I will play the game and allow myself to be suprised.

So, am I right to say it's time for a Spoiler Discussion thread? :wacky:

Ha. Love the fact that a video of the game's ending is already up, as if they're tempting people like me (who end up letting themselves be spoiled). I've totally no idea what the plot having never played the first game or even read up much on this game, so I'm not desperate to play the video now or anything. :wacky:

So, am I right to say it's time for a Spoiler Discussion thread? :wacky:

By all means if you wish, it may not be a bad idea. This thread itself has kind of grown way larger than I ever expected it to, and I would love this to be the "Pre-Release Discussion Thread" or something. xD

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU- So god damn tempted to watch the ending. However, I will be über pissed if I do that to myself. Still. Tempting.

Fusionist:
I wouldn't want to spoil it for anyone, so don't worry, I'll use the spoiler tags :)

Nothing that really spoils anything, unless game play and my opinions on the new characters is considered spoilers.

I've been playing it...pretty good. So far I only like playing as the Vaan and Yuna for the new characters. Laguna is fun and all, but his O attacks seem kind of short range, too short for me.

Lightning I already passed judgment on. She's fun, but as expected, a powerhouse. Vaan and Yuna, they are great. Vaan surprised me with his usefulness and Yuna did more than I first thought. I like how the Aeons jump out of the circle thing to attack.

She's fast, powerful and very fun to play as. So far, not a bad game. Though the world map often loads really slow and you are going really slow, its still good. (Even if I can't read a thing!)

As for character selection...it does NOT exist. You play as whatever character the PC wants, which is stupid. I don't think you get to be Cloud, Tidus and Terra in this story. I'm already at Yuna's part and I will be angry if that's so.

For story...I can't say anything. I don't understand Japanese xD

Still angry that Terra doesn't have a sword like she's supposed, but I suppose SE/Nomura/Whoever is just a crazy lunatic determine to ruin her.

The worldmap looks great and they really did update the chessboard playing thing. Its not unbearable anymore, its actually a million times better.

Well, that's all I have right now xD

As for character selection...it does NOT exist. You play as whatever character the PC wants, which is stupid. I don't think you get to be Cloud, Tidus and Terra in this story. I'm already at Yuna's part and I will be angry if that's so.

WHAT?!?!?! Dose that mean you cant pick which story to adventure through? and you cant pick characters in the Vs battle mode? :rage:

That ending....

WAS MAGNIICENT! :cry: Twas beautiful.

WHAT?!?!?! Dose that mean you cant pick which story to adventure through? and you cant pick characters in the Vs battle mode? :rage:

That ending....

WAS MAGNIICENT! :cry: Twas beautiful.
Sadly, yes. You have to play as the game picks and then after, you can choose to replay the parts in whatever character order you want. But when you start the game, you start as Lightning, then Vaan, Laguna, Yuna and then Lightning again (that's as far as I got).

You can't be Terra, Tidus or Cloud in the game and I'm pretty sure you can't be Jecht either, even though he's a good guy. I heard you can play as them from the chapter reports and I just got to be Terra...but it looks like its only for beating up enemies, no story yet.

So you probably shouldn't expect to play as those characters unless you play the Battle mode or report mode....

Back