Favorite Anime

Favorite anime? For me it's Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion. That anime was so epic! It slipped a bit during the 2nd season, but the 1st season plot was handled beautifully. 2nd season was awesome too, but I think they added in too many characters that seemed too shallow in development. But I don't mind since that anime was pure magic for me, and it still is! Also, it's the first anime that made me become a total shipper (Lelouch x Kallen).

I don't know. But, it is either Naruto, Death Note, or some other one I don't remember the name of. It is about a swordsman who used a single blade to kill 1,000,000 people or something. Eventually, he goes blind. If anyone knows what I'm talking about, please PM or E-mail me the name.

Bleach
One Piece
Samurai Champloo
Code Geass
Naruto
Lupin the 3rd
Outlaw Star
There is more but i can't think of any

My top 5, I suppose, for now at least, would be.

1. Scrapped Princess
2. Zero no Tsukaima
3. Monster
4. Naruto
5. Bleach

Scrapped Princess because I recently watched it, and fell in love with it all over again. Zero no Tsukaima follows closely thanks to the High Fantasy genre that is also the same with Scrapped Princess.

Naruto for the same reason, but I found Monster better because of it's realism. (Not that the other animes here were unreal, but Monster showed another side of human mentality not often portrayed in Shounen animes). Bleach, because I've no others to mention.

I haven't watched that many anime series but my favourites are Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo. The music in both series is brilliant (I have many of the songs on my iPod!) and they were so... "more-ish". As soon as one episode ended I wanted to go and watch the next straight away.
Elfen Lied was alright as well, but I mainly watched it because of it's reputation :D
A big shout out to pokemon though, I used to love it! Collecting cards, playing the games, watching the movies... ah the nostalgia...

Neon Genesis Evangelion, for it's philosophical and psychological themes

And Cowboy bebop for it's combination of crime, humor and fanservice

I have many favorites. I'll say the top ones are:

1) Code Geass - Perfect storyline and characters. I like any Clamp work anyway.
I love intelligent characters and plots filled with betrayal and such.

2) Claymore - A brilliant idea. I if not for the last few episodes (which were fillers), it could be my most favorite Anime. I like the action, which is not too long and repetitive like in many other Shonen anime.

3) Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha - I started watching it after I saw a picture of a cute girl (which named Fate and is my most favorite character). I though it'll be one of those silly and funny Magical Girl anime. But I was wrong! It had amazing plot, characters, graphics. And of course, it has my beloved Fate-Chan.

4) Aria - Some people find it boring, but some say it is a masterpiece.
While I can understand those who say it is boring, I found it very special and unique.
It's laid back atmosphere is the very thing that makes it so special. That aside of very good character realtionships and the beutiful places.

Well, I'd defintely have to say that I don't have an overall favorite anime, but I can give you my top five. :D

1) Elfen Lied has an amazing plot and although it contains a lot of nudity, the series really shows that there is much more than appearance to this anime with its depth, symbolism, and mystery.
2) Trigun shows the importance of human lives and it contains a lot of action and excellent humor.
3) Ouran Highschool Host Club contains not only amazing humor, but also the eccentricity of the most odd characters put together in one group along with a good explanation of how it happened.
4) The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumia demonstrates a plentiful amount of hilarious irony and tells the story of a small group of people with HUGE secretive eccentricities while only the main character is even close to being somewhat 'normal.'
5) Code Geass is amazing Clamp work and the characters are amazing. Interesting plot twists and turnouts that you'd never expect in the beginning.

Ouran High School Host Club - It's a pretty funny anime. And the characters are pretty interesting.

Pokemon - It's soooo cute. ...I feel like a Japanese fag now. D:

1. Death note
2. Code geass R+R2
3.Full Metal Panic+ FMA: fumafu +TSR
4. Naruto
5.Bleach
6. Air gear
7. Full Metal Alchemist +BH

Moderator's Edit: Please put more effort into your post by saying WHY you like them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm... let me see.

Tengan Toppa Gurren Lagann
It's just EPIC. I love the characters muchly and it is one of the few shows I've seen that actually made me cry.

The Slayers
A more older anime but I just adore it so much. Lina's character is so well done and so lovable. She reminds me of me sometimes. I love food as much as she does. lol

Sailor Moon
Brings back a lot of childhood memories of dressing up as Sailor Mars. lol It's just an awesome bit of anime with a few laughs and has just continued to remain a favourite over the years.

Ouran High School Host Club

Hilarious. I have never laughed so hard before. I loved every minute of it. It's essentric characters really make the show.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
I brought this last Manifest and just fell in love with it. It's just such an original show and just done so well. Been dying for the second season.

Macross Frontier
The music in this anime is brilliant. Sheryl and Ranka are just awesome.

Others I love are Full Metal Alchemist, Full Metal Panic, Vampire Knight, Soul Eater, Lucky Star, Chobits... well there area few. lol

Last edited:

I brought this last Manifest and just fell in love with it. It's just such an original show and just done so well. Been dying for the second season.

It was funny, but the last episode (or the last one i could find) was wierd. I think it was the one where kyon and Haruhi walks home in the rain. If it isnt the last one, please tell me so i can look for it again.

As for my favs:

Fate/Stay Night

Iono. Something just made me really like the anime. Plus, i really liked Saber.

Full Metal Panic (Second Raid and Fumoffu included):
A combination of lulz and action. Perfect.

Aria (All three):

Somewhat soothing and light. A different pace than all the fast ones, which was new to me

Claymore:

The most serious anime i've seen, plus epic fight scenes. Too bad with the ending though. If only it continued like the manga.

I have too many favorite animes so Ill just list the ones I like most. 1:Bleach: It is too :awesome: for words 2:Ghost in the shell: this one was a fav of mine and there were also movies of the series. 3:Star Ocean EX: Very good anime and follows exactly what happens in Star Ocean the second story. The end was finished on drama cds. 4:Pokemon: IT seems to go and on and on but its fun. 5: I really liked Full metal panic and alchemist. Full of laughs was full metal panic and FMA was kinda sad. Ill list that for now.

In no particular order:

- FLCL
- Samurai Champloo
- Honey & Clover
- Suzumiya Haruhi
- Code Geass
- Evangelion
- and any Miyazaki movie =]

Moderator's Edit: Please put more effort into your post by saying WHY you like them.

The series are really funny and entertaining. Plus Haruhi is really cute and I love her voice actor.
It is one of the only few Animes that I really enjoy watching. I haven't seen the second season, but I might go into it sometime.

The series are really funny and entertaining. Plus Haruhi is really cute and I love her voice actor.
It is one of the only few Animes that I really enjoy watching. I haven't seen the second season, but I might go into it sometime.

they're making new episodes i think, so expect a second season. Actually, they are reorganising the order, so the first few would be the old ones and then continue on. I dunno the details abt it tho

they're making new episodes i think, so expect a second season. Actually, they are reorganising the order, so the first few would be the old ones and then continue on. I dunno the details abt it tho

The new episodes of season 2 are being aired in Japan already.

I'm sure you can find fansubs online if you're interested.

But also, it has been causing a shitstorm there because fans say the new episodes aren't nearly as good as the original...

Not My absolute favourites because im too lazy to sit down and think it over but.

Welcome To The NHK

Eureka 7

Beck

Those are my top favs :)

1: Eureka Seven
2: Ghost in The Shell
3: Blood+
4: Elven Lied
5: Bleach
6: Naruto

Back