Final Fantasy VII Remake

I would personally love to see a Final Fantasy 7 Remake, but it appears that the chances are bleak.If I remember correctly I came across an articled which seemed to be sure that a remake would come out. Not entirely sure whether I can post links or not but moderators please feel free to kill the link if its dissalowed: http://www.gamesradar.com/f/the-truth-about-the-final-fantasy-vii-remake/a-2010041414548508007

However, if it did come out it would be after FFXIV...Perhaps it wouldn't take ten years to make given the infinite advancements in technology and improvements in process but it would still be some time away.

Source: Kotaku.com - When asked by game site Siliconera which game FFXIII director Motomu Toriyama would want to remake, he replied, "That would be Final Fantasy VII!"

"If we had the manpower and the time to work on a project, if we were to remake Final Fantasy VII with the quality of Final Fantasy XIII it would become a tremendous project," Toriyama continued. "If we can get the number of people we need by all means that would be the one I would really want to remake."

All we can do is wait!

There are only two good things that could come out of an FF7 remake.

1. improved translation

2. Watching Cloud in HD crossdress and actually hearing him say "anything you want daddy."
No, no, no, no, NO, AND A THOUSAND NOssss!! I refuse to see or hear Cloud in such a situation! I pray they just take that whole scene out! I'll be happy to see it mutha frickin' gone with. :starwars:

Another important thing that the last two comments reminded me of: retain decision making. I have never had Cloud picked by Don (always Tifa) so I didn't have to watch that segment play out. I have never even watched the possible Mukki rape scene. To be honest, I'd like to have the option of avoiding those parts in the overall Final Fantasy VII storyline. People like to act like those are canon, but they're really optional.

OMG, I agree. That's something I wish for too. My fangirl side would die if I had to see any of the optional stuff by force.

I would personally love to see a Final Fantasy 7 Remake, but it appears that the chances are bleak.If I remember correctly I came across an articled which seemed to be sure that a remake would come out. Not entirely sure whether I can post links or not but moderators please feel free to kill the link if its dissalowed: http://www.gamesradar.com/f/the-truth-about-the-final-fantasy-vii-remake/a-2010041414548508007

However, if it did come out it would be after FFXIV...Perhaps it wouldn't take ten years to make given the infinite advancements in technology and improvements in process but it would still be some time away.

Source: Kotaku.com - When asked by game site Siliconera which game FFXIII director Motomu Toriyama would want to remake, he replied, "That would be Final Fantasy VII!"

"If we had the manpower and the time to work on a project, if we were to remake Final Fantasy VII with the quality of Final Fantasy XIII it would become a tremendous project," Toriyama continued. "If we can get the number of people we need by all means that would be the one I would really want to remake."

All we can do is wait!

That is a good information you posted there my friend. I personally think that it is a great idea to remake Final Fantasy VII because not only it will sell alot of copies, but it will also attract more fans to it. It will be a whole new experience playing the game with high quality graphics, voice overs, sound effects, etc. We just have to wait for it to be made, although we know that this project will take a few years for it to be completed. It will be the best remake of all times, especially if it is made with the same producers as the original Final Fantasy VII.

That is a good information you posted there my friend. I personally think that it is a great idea to remake Final Fantasy VII because not only it will sell alot of copies, but it will also attract more fans to it. It will be a whole new experience playing the game with high quality graphics, voice overs, sound effects, etc. We just have to wait for it to be made, although we know that this project will take a few years for it to be completed. It will be the best remake of all times, especially if it is made with the same producers as the original Final Fantasy VII.

Definitely. I think it's extremely important that when it is made, the very same team (perhaps with the addition of new team members since it will be more demanding to create) work on it. It cannot be done any other way. How about music/sounds though? You think they should simply use the AC music or remaster it all over again? Hmm...

Lol I found this thread and people were speculating the release on PS3 in the forth quarter of 09'. You're a bit late, SE. :awesome:

I think any and all mis-translations should all stay in a remake. To hear Aerith say "This Guy are sick" would just be precious.

Given that it's Andrea Bowen and not Mena Suvari, otherwise she'll butcher the game.

Definitely. I think it's extremely important that when it is made, the very same team (perhaps with the addition of new team members since it will be more demanding to create) work on it. It cannot be done any other way. How about music/sounds though? You think they should simply use the AC music or remaster it all over again? Hmm...

I personally would like to have the score remastered instead of using the AC one. That one was a "rock n' roll + techno" and that would feel a bit out of place in FF7. I wish I could get a direct link, but listen to this song:

http://www.playlist.com --> Search "Jenova" --> Pick the first result that's 4:57 in length (artist is listed as Ff7)

That, imo, is a great example of what the music should be like in the remake.

That article never specifically said anything about the FFVII remake specifically coming next gen, so I really don't expect it to necessarily be for the PS4, whether it is out at the time or not (positive that it would be, because the remake probably won't be started, finished then released for some years from now, no telling how many. :/).

Still, reading all that is exciting, I hope to hear something more on the subject at E3 in mid June, or at the latest at the Tokyo Game Show...

If it was remade, I'd want the game mechanics to be exactly the same, and all the old items that were in the original to be in exactly the same places. This is extremely anal, I know, but I know I wouldn't be the only person who would moan if the game wasn't how they remembered it.

I'd like the camera to flow when in towns and stuff, in a FFX sort of way. I understand that if it was remade, it would almost certainly have voice-overs, and if they used the same ones as Advent Children, I'd be ok with it.

On the one hand, I could say "no, I don't want a remake", I mean, look at my list of criteria which will almost certainly NOT be fullfilled. But on the other hand, I am kinda curious about it , so I voted 'not sure'.

TBH, I don't think FFVII has aged all that badly. I think FFIV and FFVI had great storylines and stuff, and these would make better remakes, FFVI in particular. It would be epic with modern graphics, imagine Magitek armour suits stomping across the map in that open sequence!

Also, if FFIV, FFVI or even VII was remade, does anyone think SE should include the original version on the game disc? Surely even FFVII would only take up a fraction of a PS3 disc.

I posted this over 2 years ago, and I voted "not sure" originally. I find it interesting how my opinion has changed. Nowadays, I'm dead against a remake. I think it is a fantastic game, and it has bags and bags of charm, and if it were remade in any form, it would completely kill it. I don't mind the graphics, I love the music and everything else that would be overhauled in a remake.

My point about leaving game mechanics intact I still stick by. I'm fairly sure that they would be tweaked at the very least though, which as I say, I don't like the sound of.

I know I don't have to play a remade version of FFVII, but I bet curiosity would get the better of me.

I honestly don't want Square to remake FFVII.

For one thing, I know I'll hate the voice actors, and there will be voice actors, and second, there's no point.

That strategy might have worked BEFORE all the spin-offs, but with everything all together, it would just milkin' the FFVII franchise a little too hard.

If it does get made, and if I have the corresponding system, I'll try to play it at least once, there's no denying that, and if I enjoy it enough I might buy the damn thing.

That's what I said over 2 years. I'm still not pining for a remake, but I admit now that I'm not completely against it either. I don't care if or when it happens, but I know I'll play a remake eventually (here's hoping if it comes out, it's still when the PS3 isn't obsolete). I played the IV-remake no problem, interested in V and am truly pining for VI.

However, I think this is how it'll happen.

S-E will release another FFVII installment taking place after DoC, and hopefully that concludes the story. Only after that will they make a FFVII remake, however it will be a full remake and then some, not just a graphic update.

I suspect this FFVII remake will have a lot of extra scenes here and there, make Yuffie and Vincent canon recruits, possibly change some mini-games, and just glitter things up in general.

(The only thing I really wonder about is if they'll change they Cloud-in-drag scene and other "risque" things from the beginning of the game :hmmm: )

After the game's original ending when the Lifestream neutralizes Meteor and everything's like "wtf? did we die? D=", we'll have a big-ass montage/credits of every FFVII title (Crisis Core, Advent Children, Dirge of Cerberus, my speculated final FFVII installment, etc) before at last we fast forward to Cloud (maybe the others as well, and maybe 4 years later if the installment after DoC is a year later), post final FFVII installment, living happily ever after...

Which we THEN see is RedXIII 400 years (or less) in the future reminiscing THAT scene before we see him and his kiddies run up to view the dilapidated Midgar and howl. THE END.

Now I have a question for the more program savvy people, is it treally that difficult to implement a town in these games? If there were to be a remake how long would it take to work on a town with interesting NPCs as well as the towns attractions?

I really don't think so. SE's game, Nier has towns implemented, and it's perfectly fine. I don't see how/if they would take the route of XIII and make it townless or more linear.

Regarding Miss Cloud and her butt buddy Mukki, I don't see why they would take that out. After all, Bioware has sex scenes with all sorts of optional characters with them in undies and such... so I don't think it would be all that scarring on our generation to see Cloud in drag.

It MAY however scar some young ones to see Don Corneo's raging boner in front of the trio and patting the bed next to him... or Mukki and his buddies in the hot tub, giving Cloud a 'massage'.

I dunno...I think some of the humour actually works perfectly with the lego graphics. Ramp it up to AC standard or even better and it becomes really weird. LIke Cloud in drag, Mukki scene, ,Barrett in his marshmellow outfit, Nanaki 'dancing' on the ship. I can't think of more right now but I'm sure there are. On the other hand if they really do remake FF7 I would buy cos I really enjoyed the game and I'm curious about what they would change about it. There would definitley be changes I'm afraid.

Well SE has said that if they were to remake it, it would take over ten years. And double the personel that it took for XIII. Yochi Wada (CEO of SE) has been quoted saying that it's not happening. By the time that they make it for a game system, that system will be obsolete.

I would love a remake, it would be the definiton of epic. They would have to be careful when hiring the right voice actors. If they had just done it when we had asked it would be cominig out like next year.

Unless its been in the works secretly for a whil already I don't see it happening, though I doubt it'd take as long as they say look how long it took to make DoC, CC, etc. I mean it was that long and I know they'll have to cut some stuff out of a remake i.e. Cloud dressing as a female (LMAO), or like in the original how each character had a different thing to say about every event that happened. So yeah I doubt it'd take ten years maybe 5. :dave:

Miss Cloud cut out??? But that is one of the funniest segments in the game >.<
I made a photoshopped picture of a realistic Miss Cloud once. It was horrifying >.>

I also think that maybe Squenix is hesitant to go back and make it is because they've already made FFVII into a GREAT game for the PSX. What happens if the remake comes out and it's changed, it's not up to expectations, etc? What do fans think of FFVII then?

Sure the original will always be the original and the remake would be the remake, 2 totally separate games, but the same. However, it's the same story, and why try to fix what's not broken. Graphics and all, FFVII's amazing how it was and I can live with the past visuals.

Because frankly it doesn't matter how you spin it, SE will have people bitching about a remake.

People will bitch if they don't make it.

People will bitch if they DO make it. Why?

OMFG THE SOUNDTRACK IS WRONG, WHERE IS NOBUO, OH THAT IS NOBUO, IT DOESN'T SOUND LIKE HIM, MAYBE BECUZ THE OTHER FF'S HAVE HORRIBLE COMPOSERS MY EXPECTATIONS HAVE GONE WAY DOWN

or

AMAGA THEY CUT OUT THIS SCENE IT WAS SO PIVOTAL TO THE STORY, NOWAIT WHERE IS THIS ON THE MAP IT'S NOT THERE ANYMORE, OMG THE MAP IS WRONG, THE PEOPLE ARE WRONG WHY AREN'T THEY POP EYE ANYMORE?!?!?

There can be a million things wrong with the remake. And everyone will have different opinions about what's wrong with it. But you know what? It's a remake. It's meant to fix a few of the bugs, add in what was left in the coding they couldn't get before, and make it all graphically pretty. It's a remake, not a replacement. The original is still there for you to play.

And that, is what all the VII fans forget. =/

Last edited by a moderator:
Because frankly it doesn't matter how you spin it, SE will have people bitching about a remake.

People will bitch if they don't make it.

People will bitch if they DO make it. Why?

OMFG THE SOUNDTRACK IS WRONG, WHERE IS NOBUO, OH THAT IS NOBUO, IT DOESN'T SOUND LIKE HIM, MAYBE BECUZ THE OTHER FF'S HAVE HORRIBLE COMPOSERS MY EXPECTATIONS HAVE GONE WAY DOWN

or

AMAGA THEY CUT OUT THIS SCENE IT WAS SO PIVOTAL TO THE STORY, NOWAIT WHERE IS THIS ON THE MAP IT'S NOT THERE ANYMORE, OMG THE MAP IS WRONG, THE PEOPLE ARE WRONG WHY AREN'T THEY POP EYE ANYMORE?!?!?

There can be a million things wrong with the remake. And everyone will have different opinions about what's wrong with it. But you know what? It's a remake. It's meant to fix a few of the bugs, add in what was left in the coding they couldn't get before, and make it all graphically pretty. It's a remake, not a replacement. The original is still there for you to play.

And that, is what all the VII fans forget. =/

Couldn't have said it better myself, especially the part in bold. :neomon:

A remake could be 1010101010% different than the first. Everything would sift to kiss and hug the spin-offs and sequels.

No, no, no. I will not like that. Oh, no, no, no. :humph:

Back